(Thoughts on a) New Kit for 24/25 season?. | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

(Thoughts on a) New Kit for 24/25 season?.

Sep 17, 2011
Wheal Friendship, Mary Tavy
I think the gold needs to go imho, and I would definitely consider introducing white to try and counter the dark green. Argyle green is our identity but it doesn't stand out very well under floodlights with a crowd packed around the pitch. Maybe a return to green & white stripes with white shorts?

Fully agree with those that are saying other teams (Hull etc) have kits that really stand out. If you're under pressure and trying to find a team-mate with moments to spare, our players aren't at all easy to pick out.

Maybe we should insist on Romania '98 blond hair cuts?
062798soc-wc-rom-tun-game.4.jpg
I saw kids on Saturday with green hair. Why not?

Feb 21, 2012
Plymouth
Mar 8, 2024
Walthamstow
I'd be interested to see whether people's preference of latterday Demport High School green over Tommy Tynan Sunday Independent Shirt green is connected to when their formative Argyle memories were from. I started following Argyle when I moved to Plymouth as a kid in the late 80s, and the modern shirt colour seems like a detour from the 'real' Argyle colours. I wonder if younger fans brought up on David Friio Ginsters Shirt green feel the opposite to me.

Sep 3, 2009
I'd be interested to see whether people's preference of latterday Demport High School green over Tommy Tynan Sunday Independent Shirt green is connected to when their formative Argyle memories were from. I started following Argyle when I moved to Plymouth as a kid in the late 80s, and the modern shirt colour seems like a detour from the 'real' Argyle colours. I wonder if younger fans brought up on David Friio Ginsters Shirt green feel the opposite to me.
I'm older than you and I love the current green.

Reactions: greenpig27 and TBP

Keith Hennessey

๐Ÿ‡ณ๐Ÿ‡ฟ๐Ÿ‡ณ๐Ÿ‡ฟ๐Ÿ‡ณ๐Ÿ‡ฟ๐Ÿ‡ณ๐Ÿ‡ฟ๐Ÿ‡ณ๐Ÿ‡ฟ๐Ÿ‡ณ๐Ÿ‡ฟ
Jul 17, 2006
Blenheim New Zealand.
Posted this on another thread earlier in the season, but this was a rather dapper kit, I thought. Keeps an Argyle green, gives the shirt more visibility. I think it's a winner, personally. Definitely aware that it's not to everyone's taste though! ๐Ÿ˜

1000009257-jpg.14559

1000009256-jpg.14560

Source: https://twitter.com/LongdayKit/status/1771491526863962284?t=jVz_85A160E1p3_ViMY8Hg&s=19
Sorry but that to me is not the Argyle Green , way too dark. The PASOTI site is my idea of Argyle Green.

Oct 1, 2013
I've loved our home kits last 2 seasons which probably means the next one will be a stinker for me.

Personally i think the gold should be dropped -its not applicable anymore and return to a home shirt with lighter green and more white incorporated.

I loved this seasons shirt... but it was quite dark.
And whilst it meant we could wear it for pretty much every game, it did then make the away shirt, and definelty the 3rd kit, a little bit pointless.

Reactions: vibratingspider