Messageboard Home  | Fantasy Football  | Predictions  | Club Info  | About P@SOTI   Auction Payments
New Season Starts In:

It is currently Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:31 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
 Post subject: Re: Torquay fans
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:19 pm 

Pilgrim wrote:
t.u.a.f.c wrote:
Pilgrim wrote:
t.u.a.f.c wrote:
Pilgrim wrote:
t.u.a.f.c wrote:
Ryan Ferguson wrote:
t.u.a.f.c wrote:
I did not realise just how over sensitive you lot were, its banter for christ sake get over it and move on, your not even the biggest club in league 2, some of you lot need to stop being so arrogant.
However i must say it is nice to see most of the Plymouth fan's on here come across as very decent.

As pointed out it has been 40 years since our club last did the double over your lot, and you could not just let us enjoy the moment could you, and instead of taking the mick out of us, you would do well to urge your club to speak to our's, surviving at this level on no money is something we are very good at, we might just be able to help, talk to Oxford, Luton ,Grimsby and Wrexham etc, they wil tell you all about the b,s,p all bigger clubs than Torquay, Oxford took 5 years to get back , the other' s are still there.Dont go thinking your to big or good to go down, because your not.

Who is a bigger club than us in L2 then out of interest? Historically teams like Bradford and Northampton are 'bigger' but we are certainly a bigger club than you and that's all that's relevant to this debate!

Of course your a bigger club than Torquay no one doubts that, i was refering to clubs bigger than you in league 2 , depending on how you define bigger of course, Oxford ex premiership league cup winners 1986, Swindon ex premiership and Bradford, to name some who are bigger than Plymouth, and are capable of attracting bigger crowds on there day.and Luton ex-premiership and league cup winner 1988 in the bsp, my point is only aimed at a few idiots on here, and not the decent Argyle fan's, again some of you really need to pull your heads right out of sand.

How are Swindon or Oxford bigger than Plymouth, you muppet? So what if they've been in the 1st division, that doesn't mean they're a bigger club, which they're not. Plymouth have much bigger fanbases than both Oxford and Swindon and Bradford too. The reason Bradford get 10,000 gates is because of their cheap season tickets. Plymouth are by far the biggest club in league 2 and we're capable of attracting huge crowds, we almost had 20,000 yes that's TWENTY THOUSAND against Cheltenham in division 3, (now league 2) a few years ago when we won the title. How many clubs would get that in league 2 or even in league 1, not many. I know it's your wembley when you play us, you'll always be a tiny, insignificant little club, no ambition and you'll never see championship football at that pathetic ground of yours.

Many thanks , you just prove my case beyond doubt, case now closed.

Case closed? No, no, thank you! LOL!! I've just exposed your utter ignorance, boy.

Nope you have not exposed any ignorance at all, Bradford attendances have been higher than yours for donkeys years, and they have a bigger fan base than you will ever have, Oxford attendances are equal if not higher than yours , and Swindon are getting bigger gates than you aswell, i would say the fan base of Oxford and Swindon is equal to Plymouth, all 3 clubs mentioned have a better history therefore are all bigger than Plymouth.

You muppet. Are you on drugs? Just because Oxford and Swindon have been in the 1st division does not make them a "bigger club" than us. I have already said that Bradford get big gates because of their cheap season tickets. We have a far bigger fanbase than them. We're bottom of the league, you cretin, and we're still equalling Oxford's attendances. Swindon are pushing for promotion and they are only just getting bigger gates than us. Last season we took over 1,000 to Swindon on a tuesday night, in the return Swindon brought down 200! And you're telling me that Swindon are a bigger club than Plymouth?!! Tit.

I don't want to turn this into a slanging match, but it really pisses me off when people like yourself state we have somewhat large attendances for this league because of our 'cheap' ST scheme. Esentially, you're right. However, our decline has been far rapid than PAFC's. Since we fell into L2 5 season's ago, we've promoted our ST prices as a main selling point to get bums on seats - and why not? However, ST's for this season where priced at £250...not exactly cheap, is it? We also only sold 8,500 this season, as opposed to 10,000+ in recent season's. We're currently averaging 10,300 in the league, so on average we're attracting just short of 2,000 fans paying on the day at £20 a pop. Again, not exactly cheap, is it?

As a club, you are a fairly decent size - just like ourselves. You've spent quite a lot of your history in tiers 2 & 3 - just like ourselves. But in recent times, when it comes to attendances, i'd say we have the egde.

Infact, i've just had a look at what both clubs have averaged at home in the past 15 season's, and you've averaged 9,391 in that time whereas we've averaged 12,571 - and during four of those season's Valley Parade was a sell-out most games as VP was being re-developed.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:35 pm 
Member Staff

Bradford End wrote:
Pilgrim wrote:
t.u.a.f.c wrote:
Pilgrim wrote:
t.u.a.f.c wrote:
Pilgrim wrote:
t.u.a.f.c wrote:
Ryan Ferguson wrote:
t.u.a.f.c wrote:
I did not realise just how over sensitive you lot were, its banter for christ sake get over it and move on, your not even the biggest club in league 2, some of you lot need to stop being so arrogant.
However i must say it is nice to see most of the Plymouth fan's on here come across as very decent.

As pointed out it has been 40 years since our club last did the double over your lot, and you could not just let us enjoy the moment could you, and instead of taking the mick out of us, you would do well to urge your club to speak to our's, surviving at this level on no money is something we are very good at, we might just be able to help, talk to Oxford, Luton ,Grimsby and Wrexham etc, they wil tell you all about the b,s,p all bigger clubs than Torquay, Oxford took 5 years to get back , the other' s are still there.Dont go thinking your to big or good to go down, because your not.

Who is a bigger club than us in L2 then out of interest? Historically teams like Bradford and Northampton are 'bigger' but we are certainly a bigger club than you and that's all that's relevant to this debate!

Of course your a bigger club than Torquay no one doubts that, i was refering to clubs bigger than you in league 2 , depending on how you define bigger of course, Oxford ex premiership league cup winners 1986, Swindon ex premiership and Bradford, to name some who are bigger than Plymouth, and are capable of attracting bigger crowds on there day.and Luton ex-premiership and league cup winner 1988 in the bsp, my point is only aimed at a few idiots on here, and not the decent Argyle fan's, again some of you really need to pull your heads right out of sand.

How are Swindon or Oxford bigger than Plymouth, you muppet? So what if they've been in the 1st division, that doesn't mean they're a bigger club, which they're not. Plymouth have much bigger fanbases than both Oxford and Swindon and Bradford too. The reason Bradford get 10,000 gates is because of their cheap season tickets. Plymouth are by far the biggest club in league 2 and we're capable of attracting huge crowds, we almost had 20,000 yes that's TWENTY THOUSAND against Cheltenham in division 3, (now league 2) a few years ago when we won the title. How many clubs would get that in league 2 or even in league 1, not many. I know it's your wembley when you play us, you'll always be a tiny, insignificant little club, no ambition and you'll never see championship football at that pathetic ground of yours.

Case closed? No, no, thank you! LOL!! I've just exposed your utter ignorance, boy.

Nope you have not exposed any ignorance at all, Bradford attendances have been higher than yours for donkeys years, and they have a bigger fan base than you will ever have, Oxford attendances are equal if not higher than yours , and Swindon are getting bigger gates than you aswell, i would say the fan base of Oxford and Swindon is equal to Plymouth, all 3 clubs mentioned have a better history therefore are all bigger than Plymouth.

You muppet. Are you on drugs? Just because Oxford and Swindon have been in the 1st division does not make them a "bigger club" than us. I have already said that Bradford get big gates because of their cheap season tickets. We have a far bigger fanbase than them. We're bottom of the league, you cretin, and we're still equalling Oxford's attendances. Swindon are pushing for promotion and they are only just getting bigger gates than us. Last season we took over 1,000 to Swindon on a tuesday night, in the return Swindon brought down 200! And you're telling me that Swindon are a bigger club than Plymouth?!! Tit.

I don't want to turn this into a slanging match, but it really pisses me off when people like yourself state we have somewhat large attendances for this league because of our 'cheap' ST scheme. Esentially, you're right. However, our decline has been far rapid than PAFC's. Since we fell into L2 5 season's ago, we've promoted our ST prices as a main selling point to get bums on seats - and why not? However, ST's for this season where priced at £250...not exactly cheap, is it? We also only sold 8,500 this season, as opposed to 10,000+ in recent season's. We're currently averaging 10,300 in the league, so on average we're attracting just short of 2,000 fans paying on the day at £20 a pop. Again, not exactly cheap, is it?

As a club, you are a fairly decent size - just like ourselves. You've spent quite a lot of your history in tiers 2 & 3 - just like ourselves. But in recent times, when it comes to attendances, i'd say we have the egde.

Infact, i've just had a look at what both clubs have averaged at home in the past 15 season's, and you've averaged 9,391 in that time whereas we've averaged 12,571 - and during four of those season's Valley Parade was a sell-out most games as VP was being re-developed.

You also had two seasons in the premiership-if that privelege had been accorded to Argyle,then i think you'd have seen a very different average attendance.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:42 pm 

Greenskin wrote:
Bradford End wrote:
Pilgrim wrote:
t.u.a.f.c wrote:
Pilgrim wrote:
t.u.a.f.c wrote:
Pilgrim wrote:
t.u.a.f.c wrote:
Ryan Ferguson wrote:
t.u.a.f.c wrote:

You also had two seasons in the premiership-if that privelege had been accorded to Argyle,then i think you'd have seen a very different average attendance.

Having previous top flight status if definitely a factor of why you still get very decent gates for L2, especially if you think you're still hovering around the relegation zone. It's very hard to say what our average gate would be if we were pushing for play-offs but I think if would be around about the 10,000 mark so more than Swindon and Oxford. As I think someone has already said, 18000+ were up Home Park when we got promoted from the 4th tier in 2001.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:48 pm 

Nobby wrote:
Some Argyle fans really wind me up. Not only the ignorance of some comments, but the arrogance. Yes, we are a bigger club than Torquay, but are we in any position to be slating Torquay for being 'tinpot' or 'small-time'? No. They are a much better side than us, they're a well run club and despite their fan base being small, it's passionate.

I'd much rather have a 3000 home crowd that is passionate and supportive of the team, that 7000, half filled with morons who do nothing but give the players abuse. From a non-financial point of view, obviously.

Top post that, football is not always about how many fans you get through the gates (although
It helps) but getting behind your team!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:53 pm 

Gull-Dan wrote:
Nobby wrote:
Some Argyle fans really wind me up. Not only the ignorance of some comments, but the arrogance. Yes, we are a bigger club than Torquay, but are we in any position to be slating Torquay for being 'tinpot' or 'small-time'? No. They are a much better side than us, they're a well run club and despite their fan base being small, it's passionate.

I'd much rather have a 3000 home crowd that is passionate and supportive of the team, that 7000, half filled with morons who do nothing but give the players abuse. From a non-financial point of view, obviously.

Top post that, football is not always about how many fans you get through the gates (although
It helps) but getting behind your team!

Also agree with this! When I went to Plainmoor earlier this season the fans passion was amazing! Keep it up Torquay and you will go places :thumbup:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:13 am 

Have I missed something here? :? Its like an episode of Jeremy Kyle?!

(can we please stop quoting each other 10 thousand times)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 12:29 pm 

Southampton Gull wrote:
Lads, I don't know of any Torquay fan who sees us as anything other than a small club. What we do have are 2000 to 2500 die-hard fans that are capable of the kind of support you witnessed today. Surely we deserve better than to be called a pub team?

I'm not here to gloat, sure I'm proud of my Club and my fellow Gulls but I realise you're at a low ebb right now and one day will rise above us again. I'll savour the fact we've done the double over you but I don't need to rub it in, I'm not a Greek afterall. I found all your fans there very friendly and welcoming, I enjoyed Fansfest and whether you see us as rivals or not is immaterial. Some of our fanbase also support Argyle, some don't and dislike the patronising way some of your fans treat us, can you really blame them?

I don't think you'll go down, I've said that to Ian Newell all season. You played a decent team in us today, you gave a fairly good account of yourselves considering your league position but I think we deserved the points overall. You'll get enough points to overhaul at least two of the sides near the bottom so just get behind your team like we did today and stay positive.

Good luck for the rest of the season and take no notice of Keyberrygull, he's a dickhead of the highest order, your token keyboard warrior. Thanks for the hospitality, "The Friendly Derby" is here to stay for a few seasons I hope ;)

:clap: well said that man!!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9