Dave Winfield | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Dave Winfield

Jan 12, 2009
A friend of mine works for Shrewsbury FC in the media department and has messaged me to say he thinks Winfield is off to Argyle in the summer.

He said one of the players told him hes unhappy about not playing, doesn't get on with the new manager and wants out and Dave has told him Argyle have been in touch about a move. He's a big center half, no nonsense and was previously captain at Wycombe. He also mentioned Dave has worked with Gary Owers at Aldershot.

Could be a talker and what argyle need.

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
oh my word.we might be signing a bloke we have never heard of who can't get a game for a bunch of stiffs who are getting relegated.wow i can't wait

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
Steve Evans":1zlfwvg2 said:
oh my word.we might be signing a bloke we have never heard of who can't get a game for a bunch of stiffs who are getting relegated.wow i can't wait

Did you expect us to be signing first team players from teams getting promoted???

It's not poor Dave's fault you haven't heard of him. You probably couldn't name more than 3 current Shrewsbury players.. doesn't mean they wouldn't walk into our side.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
PAFCJames86":3q056eqn said:
A friend of mine works for Shrewsbury FC in the media department and has messaged me to say he thinks Winfield is off to Argyle in the summer.

He said one of the players told him hes unhappy about not playing, doesn't get on with the new manager and wants out and Dave has told him Argyle have been in touch about a move. He's a big center half, no nonsense and was previously captain at Wycombe. He also mentioned Dave has worked with Gary Owers at Aldershot.

Could be a talker and what argyle need.

Shrewsbury have only appointed manager Mike Jackson to end of season, so a new appointment could happen if/when they get relegated.