John Sheridan wants Hartley, Reid & Mchugh | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

John Sheridan wants Hartley, Reid & Mchugh

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
Hartley to Notts County I can see happening - nearer home for Hartley. Only thing would be whether he considers Argyle as "unfinished business".

McHugh - If he isn't going up a league I think he'll stay put. Why move to a team where he will need to start again?

Reid - When he's good, he's a handful in League 2, problem is that two seasons now he's been hit by injury. Can we afford him in a small squad. Bit of a "meh" decision for me.

Jun 4, 2015
Ford
Reid is a busted flush and would probably benefit from a move now. Is his heart still in it for Argyle? I doubt it.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
I think all 3 are replaceable at this level. A fee would be sought surely.

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
All 3 are out of contract and none of them (recently) came through our youth system. No fee would be forthcoming. Nelson, Harvey, and Purrington are the only ones we'd get money for and then only if we offer them a contract which they turn down in favour of a move.

Liam Vercoe

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 27, 2010
Sheridan seemed to get the best out of Reubs so he may consider a move but I think his family is located down this way which may factor into him wanting to stay.

Hartley wants to stay with us he's said in an interview with the Herald so I don't think he'll go.

Not sure why McHugh would leave a club that would (hopefully!) be challenging at the top of the league next season for an unknown quantity, but then again maybe he enjoyed working under Sheridan? I wonder if Notts County could also offer more money?

F

Frazer Lloyd-Davies

I wouldn't be shocked if Reid ended up there. He hasn't looked happy this season and had a very good relationship with Sheridan.

D

deanthegreenmachine

as I said in another thread, would take Stead off them in some sort of deal...

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
deanthegreenmachine":143c06vr said:
as I said in another thread, would take Stead off them in some sort of deal...

How? They're all free agents.

May 3, 2007
Liskeard, Cornwall
Argy1e":3ea6ou02 said:
Notts County currently have a transfer embargo, nothing to worry about just yet.

A quick shuftie on Google shows it ain't that simple as non transfer fee movement may be allowed (in some cases only if one goes out for every one that comes in). As it appears that all of those three are free agents come 30/6...

Please Derek, get McHugh signed on quickly.

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
Green Rhino":23jdfs6u said:
Argy1e":23jdfs6u said:
Notts County currently have a transfer embargo, nothing to worry about just yet.

A quick shuftie on Google shows it ain't that simple as non transfer fee movement may be allowed (in some cases only if one goes out for every one that comes in). As it appears that all of those three are free agents come 30/6...

Please Derek, get McHugh signed on quickly.
That's true, but Notts could struggle to move some of their players on. Probably can't pay anyone off as whilst they still owe Mansfield 20k it might be questioned as to how they can afford to pay them off when they can't afford to pay Mansfield so they'd probably need other teams to come in for their players. Could happen, but they've just had a very poor season so I wouldn't have thought they'd be in that high a demand.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Perhaps a deal could be done involving Stanley Aborah who impressed many of our supporters who went to the game or watched on Sky. The general opinion was that he was more effective than Alan Smith.