Hartlepool "beat off competition from Plymouth" for Newton | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Hartlepool "beat off competition from Plymouth" for Newton

Feb 8, 2005
'Pool willing to pay more than us, I presume, or Adams had initial interest, but dropped out when someone else became available.

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
I'd imagine it will be because he's more likely to get game time there and is a local lad. It can't have been for a longer contract as he's only signed a one year one. Don't think they'd pay more either as they're not in the best financial position.

Feb 8, 2005
Argy1e":1j1j18sp said:
I'd imagine it will be because he's more likely to get game time there and is a local lad. It can't have been for a longer contract as he's only signed a one year one. Don't think they'd pay more either as they're not in the best financial position.

Depends on what Adams was thinking of paying, especially as he might have been considered to be a squad player.

Aug 5, 2016
Can't see us finishing top half now our dynamic new number 8 has decided to play in the Conference instead.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
Knibbsworth":3mcb4jx2 said:
Can't see us finishing top half now our dynamic new number 8 has decided to play in the Conference instead.

It strikes me that at 25 years of age Conor Newton lacks ambition. Perhaps his homing instinct is that much stronger.