Messageboard Home  | Fantasy Football  | Predictions  | Club Info  | About P@SOTI   Auction Payments
New Season Starts In:

It is currently Sat Jul 26, 2014 2:48 am

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message
Offline
 Post subject: Possible new manager
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 4:37 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2005 11:29 am
Location: PLYMOUTH
Possible candidates

Terry McDermott,
Assistant manager at Huddersfield who today broke the unbeaten record of Forest. Does he want a no.1 spot?

Paul Ince,
Saved Macclesfield and got them promotion when they were 7 points adrift.

Just get Fletcher back to midfield and let a real manager try to save us.


Top
 Profile  
 
Offline
 Post subject: Re: Possible new manager
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 4:38 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:07 am
Location: Plymouth
Dave Jones

_________________
Always Believe!!


Top
 Profile  
 
Offline
 Post subject: Re: Possible new manager
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 4:39 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:59 am
Terry McDermott?

Haven't we learned from Mariner that giving a man in his late 50's his first taste of management in a relegation battle is an awful idea?

Agree that I'd have Ince here in a shot, though.


Top
 Profile  
 
Offline
 Post subject: Re: Possible new manager
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 4:39 pm 

Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:17 am
Gary Johnson would be ideal, in my opinion.


Top
 Profile  
 
Offline
 Post subject: Re: Possible new manager
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 4:43 pm 
Staff
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 22, 2006 9:18 pm
Location: Beacon Park
weeksy wrote:
Dave Jones


:lol:

How do you think we can afford him??

_________________
Don't give me the hi-hat


Top
 Profile  
 
Offline
 Post subject: Re: Possible new manager
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 4:45 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:59 am
weeksy wrote:
Dave Jones


Think he might be holding out for something a little more promising.


Top
 Profile  
 
Offline
 Post subject: Re: Possible new manager
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 4:46 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2005 11:29 am
Location: PLYMOUTH
Manchester Green wrote:
Terry McDermott?

Haven't we learned from Mariner that giving a man in his late 50's his first taste of management in a relegation battle is an awful idea?

Agree that I'd have Ince here in a shot, though.


What a strange comparison to make?!?!

Does that mean if Fletcher had been a success all clubs should have player managers. Maybe you are some type of clone but I believe every individual is different.


Top
 Profile  
 
Offline
 Post subject: Re: Possible new manager
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 4:49 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:59 am
argobenz wrote:
Manchester Green wrote:
Terry McDermott?

Haven't we learned from Mariner that giving a man in his late 50's his first taste of management in a relegation battle is an awful idea?

Agree that I'd have Ince here in a shot, though.


What a strange comparison to make?!?!

Does that mean if Fletcher had been a success all clubs should have player managers. Maybe you are some type of clone but I believe every individual is different.


Hardly a strange comparison.

Both Mariner and McDermott in their late fifties, only ever had experience of assistant managing. We need someone with managerial experience, which is why I agree with you about Ince but not McDermott.


Top
 Profile  
 
Offline
 Post subject: Re: Possible new manager
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 4:50 pm 
Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:09 pm
I want Gus Hiddink but I'll probably get Gus Honeybun.

_________________
Looks painful doesn't it...


Top
 Profile  
 
Offline
 Post subject: Re: Possible new manager
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 4:50 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:07 am
Location: Plymouth
Arthur Seaton wrote:
weeksy wrote:
Dave Jones


:lol:

How do you think we can afford him??


Pasties and cider? and maybe show him the way to a brothel...

_________________
Always Believe!!


Top
 Profile  
 
Offline
 Post subject: Re: Possible new manager
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 4:56 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2005 11:29 am
Location: PLYMOUTH
Manchester Green wrote:
argobenz wrote:
Manchester Green wrote:
Terry McDermott?

Haven't we learned from Mariner that giving a man in his late 50's his first taste of management in a relegation battle is an awful idea?

Agree that I'd have Ince here in a shot, though.


What a strange comparison to make?!?!

Does that mean if Fletcher had been a success all clubs should have player managers. Maybe you are some type of clone but I believe every individual is different.


Hardly a strange comparison.

Both Mariner and McDermott in their late fifties, only ever had experience of assistant managing. We need someone with managerial experience, which is why I agree with you about Ince but not McDermott.


So how do you explain the most successful manager in the world (The Special one)

Mourinho started out as a player but he was unable to forge a meaningful career in the game and eventually switched to management. After spells working as an assistant manager and a youth team coach in the early 1990s, he became an interpreter for Sir Bobby Robson.

However we agree that it shouldn't be Fletcher.


Top
 Profile  
 
Offline
 Post subject: Re: Possible new manager
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 4:58 pm 
Member

Joined: Thu Feb 21, 2008 4:54 pm
Location: Plymouth/Southampton
Carl Fletcher please.

_________________
Twitter- @GreenSamPAFC


Top
 Profile  
 
Offline
 Post subject: Re: Possible new manager
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 5:06 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:20 pm
Location: Hear and thier
don't often post on here but you guys are way off on who will be the gaffer at Christmas.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: khennes_904 and 31 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  




Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.