Possible new manager | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Possible new manager

Nov 28, 2005
PLYMOUTH
Possible candidates

Terry McDermott,
Assistant manager at Huddersfield who today broke the unbeaten record of Forest. Does he want a no.1 spot?

Paul Ince,
Saved Macclesfield and got them promotion when they were 7 points adrift.

Just get Fletcher back to midfield and let a real manager try to save us.

Nov 8, 2010
Terry McDermott?

Haven't we learned from Mariner that giving a man in his late 50's his first taste of management in a relegation battle is an awful idea?

Agree that I'd have Ince here in a shot, though.

Nov 28, 2005
PLYMOUTH
Manchester Green":293hs32h said:
Terry McDermott?

Haven't we learned from Mariner that giving a man in his late 50's his first taste of management in a relegation battle is an awful idea?

What a strange comparison to make?!?!

Does that mean if Fletcher had been a success all clubs should have player managers. Maybe you are some type of clone but I believe every individual is different.

Nov 8, 2010
argobenz":wliqr2te said:
Manchester Green":wliqr2te said:
Terry McDermott?

Does that mean if Fletcher had been a success all clubs should have player managers. Maybe you are some type of clone but I believe every individual is different.

Hardly a strange comparison.

Both Mariner and McDermott in their late fifties, only ever had experience of assistant managing. We need someone with managerial experience, which is why I agree with you about Ince but not McDermott.

Nov 28, 2005
PLYMOUTH
Manchester Green":2ifatd2z said:
argobenz":2ifatd2z said:
Manchester Green":2ifatd2z said:
Terry McDermott?

Hardly a strange comparison.

Both Mariner and McDermott in their late fifties, only ever had experience of assistant managing. We need someone with managerial experience, which is why I agree with you about Ince but not McDermott.

So how do you explain the most successful manager in the world (The Special one)

Mourinho started out as a player but he was unable to forge a meaningful career in the game and eventually switched to management. After spells working as an assistant manager and a youth team coach in the early 1990s, he became an interpreter for Sir Bobby Robson.

However we agree that it shouldn't be Fletcher.

H

Harto

don't often post on here but you guys are way off on who will be the gaffer at Christmas.

Mar 1, 2008
Mark Robins

Rotherham United - March '07 to Sep '09 - Win rate 43%
Barnsley - Sep '09 to May '11 - Win Rate 32%

Kept Rotherham up and challenged for promotion when they were given a 17 point deduction. Went to Barnsley where he kept them up in his first season.

Steve Tilson

Southend United - Nov '03 to Jul '10 - Win Rate 40%
Lincoln City - Oct '10 to Oct' 11 - Win Rate 27%

Took Southend up from League Two to the Championship in 2 successive seasons, both times as Champions. However was also in charge whilst they were relegated back down to League Two. At Lincoln he he was unable to keep them up and were relegated to the conference.

Paul Trollope

Bristol Rovers - Sep '05 to Dec '10 - Win Rate 37%

For seasons achieved mid-table positions in League One.

Kevin Blackwell

Leeds United - June '04 to Sep '06 - Win Rate 39%
Luton Town - March '07 to Jan '08 - Win Rate 34%
Sheffield United - Feb '08 to Aug '10 - Win Rate 42%

Championship play-off final runners-up with Leeds (2006) and Sheffield United (2009).

Four manager who I wouldn't mind. They have history of achieving respectable positions or even higher, which leads me to believe they must have some managerial talent. However they have also had some disappointing periods of poor results. I would like to think they have learnt from that experience and are willing to prove their worth again.

M

maxiepaul

holloway warnock pullis sturrock anyone of the 4 :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: