Messageboard Home  | Fantasy Football  | Predictions  | Club Info  | About P@SOTI   Auction Payments
New Season Starts In:

It is currently Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:17 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Possible new manager
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 9:21 pm 

Wagga_Wagga wrote:
Harto wrote:
The Doctor wrote:
Harto wrote:
don't often post on here but you guys are way off on who will be the gaffer at Christmas.

So, Mr Fountain of Knowledge, who will? Your post is just totally ambiguous. If you actually have an idea about the why not share it, or at least give some kind of indication, so that people can understand what you mean.

ok. Been told by an ex player (who was on tv today) that another ex player (think green blood / legend) has been offered the job (with an experienced director of football behind him).

What a load of absolute bo**ocks.

whatever. Carl will not be our manager by the end of the year. We will have a new man in and if my source is correct, we are in for some exciting times.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 9:23 pm 

Harto wrote:
Wagga_Wagga wrote:
Harto wrote:
The Doctor wrote:
Harto wrote:
don't often post on here but you guys are way off on who will be the gaffer at Christmas.

So, Mr Fountain of Knowledge, who will? Your post is just totally ambiguous. If you actually have an idea about the why not share it, or at least give some kind of indication, so that people can understand what you mean.

ok. Been told by an ex player (who was on tv today) that another ex player (think green blood / legend) has been offered the job (with an experienced director of football behind him).

What a load of absolute bo**ocks.

whatever. Carl will not be our manager by the end of the year. We will have a new man in and if my source is correct, we are in for some exciting times.

Sure.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 9:28 pm 

Taribo West and Shakira

You heard it here first !!!!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 9:44 pm 
Friend

Avram Grant perchance. He was good at the other south coast naval port!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:07 pm 

No chance of Warnock coming from the Prem to us at the bottom of the league :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:22 pm 

Gus Runnybum sounds about right :shock:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:22 am 

1 name only who WOULD save us going down ??? Pulis.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 3:21 am 

Mick Jones and Lee Makel.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:40 am 

Is this a wind up....?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:04 am 

Most of the great managers start by making their teams hard to beat. Pullis, whilst not being considered as a great, certainly made us hard to beat when he was here.
Clough brought in Shilton and built his side from the back.

For some years, in my opinion, we have a goalkeeping problem. If we don't sort that out we will continue to leak goals. The first task for the new manager is to find a keeper who can make good decisions. LarryO is a decent shot stopper but most other parts of his game have not improved since his arrival, probably attributed to years of "coaching" by Crudgie.

I do think Fletch should concentrate on the playing side of his career. He has more to offer us than any other and I fear he prefers to put the suit on rather than the kit.

We need to win "ugly" to survive so cosy, "nice" managers who might be able to mould a side we do not have time for at the moment. Get some fear into the dressing room and discipline into the coaching.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:15 am 
Member Sponsor Staff

All 3 of Torquay's goals came from player mistakes. I'm sure Fletch didn't say - "let the ball go over your head without trying to save it" or "pass the ball to their forward so that he can go 1v1 against Larrieu". The Manager can only do so much - he changed the formation, we got a goal back against one of the form teams in the league without a few first choice players. FFS give the man a chance.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 2:31 pm 

edengreen wrote:
Wotton and warnock ?

I'd rather have Webb & Newell

Hodge & Hodges?

Castle & Shilton?

McCall & Hodges? (oh no, already tried that!)

Frio & Williamson?

SEB & Holloway?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:38 pm 

Mark Pedlar wrote:
All 3 of Torquay's goals came from player mistakes. I'm sure Fletch didn't say - "let the ball go over your head without trying to save it" or "pass the ball to their forward so that he can go 1v1 against Larrieu". The Manager can only do so much - he changed the formation, we got a goal back against one of the form teams in the league without a few first choice players. FFS give the man a chance.

Well said , Mark.

St James has saved us................................financially.

The task of keeping us in the FL is a bit more tricky.
To be honest, in my years of supporting Argyle I am humbled that the likes of Fletcher and the much maligned Feeney, were willing to take the the chance to save and play for the club. And all those who are manning the guns now.
Let's be honest, who the F*** is going to come here to manage and play for what looks like a team doomed to non league status?
We are where we are. Let's stop deluding ourselves we are too big for the drop and get behind the staff, players and management who are willing to graft and struggle for the club. We HAVE to support those who in desperate times came to our aid-not boot them into touch. We are Plymouth Argyle. Semper Fidelis?
Dai.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next