(how about) Matt Harrold | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

(how about) Matt Harrold

Mar 5, 2012
Recently went to watch Crawley v Walsall, which was a dire affair, the one bright light on that pitch that night was Matt Harrold coming on as a late sub following injury causing Walsall all sorts of problems.

So, since then Gregory has placed 5 players on the transfer list and one of said players is the aforementioned Mr Harrold who gave us such difficulty previously, who would be a great alternative to Reuben and could be the answer to provide the back up we will so need if we are to sustain the great push that we have developed over the last few months.

I am not sure he and Reuben would work together - but i would love to be able to try .....

Anyone??..... :scarf:

Dec 21, 2010
I've always thought he was a super player at this level and a real handful against us. He has though suffered a number of injuries in the last couple of years.

Apr 28, 2013
Morgan and Smalley are not good enough no matter what.. If we really are a promotion team then we need better back ups than them!

Jan 29, 2006
Canterbury
Well John Sheridan clearly thinks they're good enough, he signed them both.
If he decides he wants Harrold I suspect he'd want to ship one of them out first.
4 senior strikers ought to he sufficient I would have thought, any more wouldn't do much for morale.

Mar 5, 2012
tom16pafc":1d19of75 said:
Morgan and Smalley are not good enough no matter what.. If we really are a promotion team then we need better back ups than them!

Exactly my point, i am not so sure about smalley, he does show glimpses of something but they do appear to be all too rare.

For marv - as much as i would like him to come good, i dont feel he will and that we should replace him with harrold.

Mar 5, 2012
I also feel that we are 'too reliant' on Reid, if he gets injured tomorrow, are we really going to be able to keep scoring in his absence, or are we going to see lots of nil-nils?.....

If (touch wood) reubs stays fit for the season then i feel we have a real shot at getting out of this league, by whatever method, but if we lose him for a period then i feel that the back up is not strong enough to keep the momentum.

C

Cobi Budge.

Reid and Lewi are very good for this level and form a good pairing.

Smalley is underrated, he's a decent forward and more than good enough to be back up to the two mentioned above.

Morgan & Harvey are average for me and should only be called upon if we are desperate. Wouldn't surprise me to see both go at the end of the season.

Harrold is useful but I don't think we need him.

Feb 21, 2008
Plymouth
Cobi, you change your opinions like the absolute wind. It was only pre-season that you were claiming how useful Morgan is and how happy you were that he was doing the business after all the people who doubted him.

Now after having a fairly decent season so far you seem to have gone the other way...why!?!

Harvey...well it's well known that I see more in him than most people do on here where he isn't very highly rated anymore but it's coming to the point now where even I would say that starting opportunities are going to be....limited. I'd probably give him a year's extension to his contract right now, send him out on loan for the rest of the season to somewhere where he'll get the regular first team football that he needs to iron out the edges in his game. Not just 4 matches at Salisbury in which he started two. Someone to make him more of a diamond and less of the rough. Then he can come back in July ready for a season which will undoubtedly be a biggie for him.

C

Cobi Budge.

I defended him saying he was useful, I still believe that, but not as strongly, imo he's only played well twice this season.

That said, I've always believed that Morgan is best when used as a LW, not a CF, and his two best displays have been at LW.

Apr 30, 2011
I've always rated Harrold and think he would be a useful addition if we could stretch the budget that far. I think it's over here for Tyler if i'm honest. Is a real shame but he just cannot get his game together. I'd be astounded if he got another contract here. Will probably me with Young at Torquay next season.

Feb 21, 2008
Plymouth
Cobi Budge.":2wya1exk said:
I defended him saying he was useful, I still believe that, but not as strongly, imo he's only played well twice this season.

That said, I've always believed that Morgan is best when used as a LW, not a CF, and his two best displays have been at LW.
Two more than last season then :lol:

To me this season whilst he's all arms and legs without much grace in the ball at least he looks lively and gets in defenders faces. Last year we didn't even get that from him. He'll never displace Reid or Alessandra unless they're injured but he's certainly looked a much more convincing sub option than last year. Imo anyway.

Mar 8, 2011
Plymouth
Personally i think Harvey would be a good striker for us if he plays there.

That's the only fault I can pick with Sheridan at the mo

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
On Saturday Smalley was the width of a post away from scoring a decent goal. Prior to that he was unfortunate in a one on one with the keeper. Had one of those two gone in there would be no discussion about his ability (or lack of it)