Caolan Lavery | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Caolan Lavery

S

Schmidler98

Just seen he scored on his comeback from injury in a youth game. Wonder if shezza might try and get him in on loan ?? Thoughts ??

J

Jambo

Would love to see this happen but doubt it somehow. He was very much in and around the first team at Sheffield weds before his injury. I'm fairly happy with Reid and Alessandra for the time being. Think centre midfield is more of a priority area to strengthen anyhow

demportdave

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jul 6, 2005
Cobi Budge.":2313pnma said:
This would all but seal promotion in my view.
Doubt that very much unless he scored about 30 goals for us.

Just out of interest, who gets dropped to accommodate him, Reid or Alessandra?

Don't you think we actually need someone more like a Castle or a Friio, or were they before your time?

C

Cobi Budge.

I'd drop Alessandra, might seem harsh, but Reid-Lavery was an excellent partnership and it propelled us in to the play offs, we dropped off last season as soon as he was recalled.

Lavery is the best striker we've had during our time in league 2, different players but I actually think he was better than Reuben and he actually helped Reuben come along due to his style of play, and that's saying something because Reid is a great player.

Aug 10, 2006
just leave it he aint coming back it's up to Sheridan to find another forward it's a pity he did not sign Jamie cureton in the summer at least he knows where the net is unlike waste of a wage morgan.

C

Cobi Budge.

We could have signed Jamie Cureton under Fletcher, had him training with us (assume a trial) but instead we went for the fireman, don't know whether to laugh or cry.

Cureton is 39, plays like he's 19, credit to him.

You don't need to retire when you still know where the net is and he certainly does.

Feb 21, 2011
Great player though he was our priority has to be an attacking centre mid like Bobby Reid or better.

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
Cobi Budge.":2mruburu said:
I'd drop Alessandra, might seem harsh, but Reid-Lavery was an excellent partnership and it propelled us in to the play offs, we dropped off last season as soon as he was recalled.

Lavery is the best striker we've had during our time in league 2, different players but I actually think he was better than Reuben and he actually helped Reuben come along due to his style of play, and that's saying something because Reid is a great player.

Disagree, I think Reuben is one of the best forwards I've seen play for the club since I started watching Argyle. Lavery although a very good player whilst he was here was not the full package whereas Reid is. The advantage for Lavery being that he joined us when he only had a handful of first team appearances to his name and so will probably go on to become a lot better.

However from what I saw of both players whilst they were here, Reuben I feel has been better and had a huge impact on this club and goes up there just below the likes of SEB, BWP and for his very few minutes played for the club Emile Mpenza.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
Cobi Budge.":18eoqqrb said:
We could have signed Jamie Cureton under Fletcher, had him training with us (assume a trial) but instead we went for the fireman, don't know whether to laugh or cry.

Cureton is 39, plays like he's 19, credit to him.

You don't need to retire when you still know where the net is and he certainly does.

When you're 39 and you lose form, it's gone and not coming back. In hindsight the fireman didn't work out and to paraphrase you, 'he knew where the net was'. Just not fit enough for the professional game.

G

Greenskin

demportdave":2my0l0j9 said:
Cobi Budge.":2my0l0j9 said:

Don't you think we actually need someone more like a Castle or a Friio, or were they before your time?

They weren't before my time. Someone like either of those two or even if we'd kept Hourihane would be absolutely ideal. But we didn't keep Hourihane and goalscoring midfielders don't grow on trees. Why would clubs release players of that calibre at this stage of the season, or indeed any other stage-would you say that our budget now extends to being able to buy players like Castle or have a decent scouting/contacts system abroad which resulted in Friio coming here? Sure doesn't seem that way to me. If you've got any realistic suggestions then put them forward, maybe the manager would take your ideas on board, if he's got the money to do so.

Jun 8, 2014
demportdave":2nswx9zm said:
Cobi Budge.":2nswx9zm said:

I don' think that's fair. We all know Lavery would score goals and improve the team, is that just a cheap shot because Cobi said it? I'd imagine so.

I don't agree with Cobi a lot but I will here. Lavery is a fantastic footballer, and no doubt high League 1 level at least. The chances of him coming back are slim, but say a long term loan even - it would really improve the team.

Maybe we wouldn't have to drop either if Lavery came back. I mean, we're accomplished in more than one formation. We could play a 433 or even a 442 of some sort with Alessandra at LM. Either way, it'd be a great problem to have.

Complaining about the dilemma of 'which good striker are we forced to drop' is rather silly. It's a problem every single manager wants - too many good players.

If we got him for a few monthsm with out defence, solid midfield and him, Reid and Alessandram it would be difficult to see many teams beating us. Wouldn't it?

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
demportdave":5e2szvxs said:
Cobi Budge.":5e2szvxs said:

in my opinion we should drop alessandea and we have just signed our new daveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed,monsieur bobby reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeid. :D