Luke Young to Exeter. | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Luke Young to Exeter.

Dec 22, 2010
north devon
Heard a rumour that Exeter will use some of the money they receive for Grimes to buy Youngy.Im sure he would suit their style of play :whistle:

C

Cobi Budge.

He wasn't good enough for us but good enough for those lot up the road :lol:

Mar 14, 2009
We need a rm. He was player of the year (in a terrible team) as rm.

At Cm he is too lightweight! This is where it's so frustrating because as a rm he could of done a job for us!!

C

chronicgreen

Metal_Green_Mickey":18wycfua said:
We need a rm. He was player of the year (in a terrible team) as rm.

At Cm he is too lightweight! This is where it's so frustrating because as a rm he could have done a job for us!!

No good as a wingback though which is our favoured formation at the mo.

Feb 21, 2008
Plymouth
He'd be more than good enough for League Two in a passing team. I still maintain he was good for us for 80% of last season and he just had a crap run when the whole team did in March and April.

In a team specifically tailored to suit his technical style of play. I think he could be exceptional. I would say good luck to him...but they're our play-off rivals.

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
Don't think Torquay would let him join Exeter, and i'm not convinced at this stage anyway that he'd want to join Exeter

Feb 21, 2008
Plymouth
Imagine yourself in the position- you're a young pro whose career could hinge on the next 12 months and how you get on. Do you stay in the conference or do you ride the crest of your good form whilst you can and join a play-off chasing league two side whose style suits you?

It's not exactly Celtic/Rangers. If I were Luke Young, I'd be thinking my career and life were too short NOT to join Exeter.

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
If the next 12 months hinged on it, i'd probably stay with a side where i was the star player and i was being talked out rather than go to a club there's no guarantee i'll play and no guarantee i'll fit the style despite the fact i should.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
Luke Young suits Exeter more than he suited Argyle. Not the quickest of players and a bit too light weight for our needs. He won't be back here so if he wants to get back into league football he'd except an offer from up the road.
As for Exeter, with Luke they'd be getting Grimes lite.

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
GreenSam":2rtj8pje said:
Imagine yourself in the position- you're a young pro whose career could hinge on the next 12 months and how you get on. Do you stay in the conference or do you ride the crest of your good form whilst you can and join a play-off chasing league two side whose style suits you?

It's not exactly Celtic/Rangers. If I were Luke Young, I'd be thinking my career and life were too short NOT to join Exeter.

I was taking the mick Sam :greensmile:

He'll get one chance at being a pro-footballer I get that, once he hits 33-35 that's usually that whether he plays 100 times for England or struggles to make it out of the non-league. Why throw away an opportunity staring him right in the face when he may never get another. For the sake of loyalty to Argyle? The same Argyle who sold him dreams of a promising career before showing him the door before he'd even made it into his 20's? Yea right!

I don't doubt his love of Argyle, fact is though it is a job opportunity, one which gives him a second crack at the Football League, one that he'd be a fool to turn down purely on the basis that he is an Argyle fan. Take the money and take any opportunity that comes your way Luke, just remember to stick a penalty wide in this year's playoff final, we don't want them following us up into League 1 :thumbs:

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
Assuming that the financial terms are broadly similar at the two clubs OF COURSE Luke Young would leave Torquay for Exeter is the chance arose.

Apr 30, 2011
He could probably get a 2.5 year contract as well - his Torquay contract has 1.5 years left so would make sense to move. Good luck to the lad. Always thought there was a player in him, just needed a bit of love, confidence and a team built around him. Great signing for City if they pull it off.