Argyle linked with striker Jean-Louis Akpa-Akpro | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Argyle linked with striker Jean-Louis Akpa-Akpro

Feb 22, 2011
Plymouth/Truro
According to the twitter account an website the72 were favourites to sign Akpa Akpro not sure if its a reliable source cant do a link, but is there any truth in the rumour if so sounds like he would be a decent signing??

Mar 8, 2011
Plymouth
"Frustrating player, has the ability to create chances, can change games and is very athletic/physical but he can also spoil all that with a weak shot or a loose pass or a dodgy cross. Worked best for us from the bench. Will do a reliable job for you and will never let you down. Superb attitude on and off the pitch"

Sounds like a clone of Alessandra

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
http://the72.co.uk/29717/argyle-look-fa ... signature/

Nine goals in 51 games for Shrewsbury last season and is now out of contract.

Two goals in 41 games for Tranmere (and a few on loan at Bury) in 2013-2014 and eight goals from 30 games in 2012-2013.

Mellon admits the reshaping of his squad has meant there is no money in the budget to keep his four out-of-contract players.

They include strikers Andy Mangan and Jean-Louis Akpa-Akpro, leaving him with just Tyrone Barnett, James Collins and Scott Vernon up front.
http://www.shropshirestar.com/sport/shr ... a-striker/

Sep 8, 2013
Don't know him, so impossible to judge if he would be a good signing, but I feel we could do with a more prolific goalscorer. Am finding it hard to imagine another 20 from Rueben next season, so we need a proven finisher if there is one available and who we can afford.

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
John Eldridge":2obz1dd5 said:
:greensmile: Rumours

"Argyle Discussion
A board for general discussion about Plymouth Argyle, the new grandstand/HHP development, the AFT and the Green Taverners. Just for the summer credible rumours will stay on this forum."

:cool:

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Steve.PAFC2012":3s4038ko said:
"Frustrating player, has the ability to create chances, can change games and is very athletic/physical but he can also spoil all that with a weak shot or a loose pass or a dodgy cross. Worked best for us from the bench. Will do a reliable job for you and will never let you down. Superb attitude on and off the pitch"

Sounds like a clone of Alessandra

or a good scrabble score? :whistle:

Nov 22, 2006
oddball":16bw3yu0 said:
...or Marvin Morgan...

This does sound like a player linked for similar reasons to Marvin, experienced player at this level capable of scoring a goal at this level and has won promotion from this division, if he was to sign I would hope it wasn't the same outcome we got with Morgan

C

Cobi Budge.

Marvin Morgan was a good signing, just because it didn't work out doesn't mean it wasn't correct to bring him in. Those saying "one of Sheridan's worst signings" were probably, like most, very excited when it was announced.

Back to the topic, I'd be happy if we brought in Akpa Akpro.

Nov 4, 2012
Alessandra's goalscoring record was pretty poor before he came here. Akpa-Akpro did well at Shrewsbury last season and from what I've heard he is a very good player at this level and is very hardworking. I have heard he should probably get more goals but I'd be very happy if this rumour has any truth.