Someone needs to be accountable for 2 disastrous decisions.. | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Someone needs to be accountable for 2 disastrous decisions..

Jan 18, 2009
Bittaford
I am lead to believe from a good source that the only reason Houghton is playing is because we have an agreement with Chelsea that if he DOESNT play we have to pay his full wage of circa £6k per week...Whoever sanctioned this agreement should be made accountable because since his first game against Accie it has been like having 10 men (W 4 D1 L5). And if this is the case the board need to invest 6k per week so that we can play our strongest team.

Another thing I have heard is that Reuben has been seeing a top guy in London for treatment but the club won't sanction the payment for this treatment (so its had to stop as the player can't afford it himself!) meaning we are deprived of one of the best strikers in the league for 2 games against a team who are truly poo scared of him as was proven only a couple of weeks ago at Fratton...

The board need to speculate to accumulate on these 2 decisions to give us a chance!!

And while we are at it how about coming to an agreement with Torquay to enable us to sign Youngy. Maybe they could release him so that he is a free agent so that we can sign him on non contract terms? A midfield of Youngy, Boating and Carey again would give us a chance..

Its about time we as a club started making good decisions from top to bottom otherwise League 2 beckons for a long time to come..

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Who's your good source? A mate of Lundan Cabbie? I can't believe either rumour in the slightest.

Young was released because he was not much good.

He's been playing for a struggling non-league team and NOW you want him back !!!!?????

Makes some sort of sense....................................NONE :funny:

We have too many limp models already in the squad - no more !!

Keep the Faith :scarf:

Jun 8, 2014
First one would be surprising, can't imagine them being naive enough to sign a deal like that.

Second one, sadly, would not be much of a shock at all.

And fwiw TinTin - before his injury Luke Young was playing spectacularly at Torquay - the reason he left the club was probably more financially related than it was footballing.

Oct 14, 2015
People have been crying out for an "Alan Smith" type player, vocal, aggressive and experienced and Young fits that description how???

I like Luke Young as a player but he's not what we need IMO...and if Young was to come back to HP I think we need to know what, if any, his serious injury has done to him..

We all know of players who are never the same after suffering a serious injury.....

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
Josh Pope":en4ykbix said:
First one would be surprising, can't imagine them being naive enough to sign a deal like that.

And fwiw TinTin - before his injury Luke Young was playing spectacularly at Torquay - the reason he left the club was probably more financially related than it was footballing.

I know that Starnes worked out similar deals to the Houghton one when at Yeovil.

Nothing surprises me anymore with this club and it's joke owner .

Feb 25, 2011
Saltash
I have made my feelings on Houghton clear on the thread I started. I speculated regarding this sort of agreement, it wouldn't surprise me at all as he has started every single one of our last 10 matches.

Shocking if true though, no one should be dictating to our manager who he should be playing.

As someone else has pointed out, we needed an experienced player with the know how required to see matches out and help support younger players around him.

Why didn't we push the boat out to secure the services of someone like this? It could (and probably would) have made all the difference.

Jun 8, 2014
SwimWithTheTide":3o9gdipq said:
Josh Pope":3o9gdipq said:

I know that Starnes worked out similar deals to the Houghton one when at Yeovil.

Nothing surprises me anymore with this club and it's joke owner .

The main reason I wasn't sure if it was true because Adams seems to be the only one who actually rates the guy, therefore I just thought Adams was playing him because he thought Houghton was good (even though he clearly isn't).

Really, really bad business by the club if they're true. Certainly hope these new board members can help us..

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
Well another reason why we can't drop him is because we don't have any options. With McHugh and Simpson injured. Had we not secured this last minute desperate loanee and Palace changed their mind about Boateng we'd be midfielderless.

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
The Reuben one needs clarifying for sure because that would be truly disgusting if true, lest we forget the reason why he has suffered so badly with injuries this year following his heroics in the second half of last season.

As for the Houghton one, it would be a completely stupid term to agree to but if we honestly thought this lad was that good why wouldn't we expect to be playing him bearing in mind the state of our midfield options. The bad call was to bring him here in the first place, the fact that we're stuck with him and no other options is disastrous but that call has been made, if true the question now is surely who would we play in place of him that is worth forking out an additional 6k a week to get him out of the team*.

*The question above is rhetorical before some smart arse claims their nan can make just as useless a pass as hapless Houghton.