Argyle Takeover/Chinese Takeaway? (speculation) | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Argyle Takeover/Chinese Takeaway? (speculation)

Just a thought as I am here.

My term finishes next week so the Argyle v Liverpool match will be no problem to watch as we have no school the following day - even though it is a 2130 hours kick-off for us.

I am taking a few Chinese football fans with me to watch it in our favourite downtown foreign bar.

[I feel sure it's because of Liverpool !!]

The question is ......with the recent money being thrown at English Clubs in their purchase AND offering players mega-money to play in China, will Argyle's new exposure on English TV propel them into a "reason to buy or invest" category ?

There IS a lot of money being thrown around here in football and IF James Brent et al wanted to "escape", this COULD be their chance ?

Just a thought.

Keep the Faith :scarf:

Emu":1idzwv2k said:
Random question Tin Tin, but how does an authentic Chinese take-away compare to the British version?

How long do you have mate ?

In a nutshell, there is NO comparison between them - only in name !!

The whole culture of eating here is different - strange ?

Hope that helps.

Now.....back to football.....

Aug 5, 2016
Emu":1ojy0uq7 said:
Random question Tin Tin, but how does an authentic Chinese take-away compare to the British version?

Totally different. When I was in China, if you ordered a chicken dish it came with the organs of the chicken with it, sometimes with the crunched up bones too!

Takeaway Chinese food in the UK tends to be adapted versions of Cantonese dishes for the British palate from what I gather. It really is totally different from what Chinese eat.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
TinTin":3vxlz03y said:
Thank you to the clever person who has seen fit to add "speculation" to my post title !!

Maybe it is not - simply a question ?

No problem. I was just making it clear it was you thinking out loud rather than anything concrete. :thumbs:

Feb 2, 2007
After the issues with Japanese investors I hope we keep it local if we gain investment. Ok Hallett is US based but born in Plymouth.

Aug 5, 2005
TinTin":39g26mzn said:

My term finishes next week so the Argyle v Liverpool match will be no problem to watch as we have no school the following day - even though it is a 2130 hours kick-off for us.

I am taking a few Chinese football fans with me to watch it in our favourite downtown foreign bar.

The question is ......with the recent money being thrown at English Clubs in their purchase AND offering players mega-money to play in China, will Argyle's new exposure on English TV propel them into a "reason to buy or invest" category ?

There IS a lot of money being thrown around here in football and IF James Brent et al wanted to "escape", this COULD be their chance ?

Just a thought.

No.

I think when making investments, people do more research than just whatever happens to be on TV at the time.

Anyone looking to invest in English football would be well aware of the top 100 odd teams already.

Jul 29, 2010
And why invest at L2 level anyway.

JB said he wanted to get us to the championship, I reckon that'll be when any outside investment/takeover will come, not before.

Jan 10, 2006
Shanghai
TinTin":e3f8x8ko said:

Just a thought.

Ooh, topical. I had a chat with Gus Poyet (and Mauricio Tarricco) earlier on in Shanghai...he must be on a fair wedge at Shanghai Shenhua! Apparently AVB is getting £11M / year at rivals SIPG.

There is a whole lot of Chinese money sloshing around but I'm not convinced we'll see any of it...although as was mentioned elsewhere, eating is huge in Chinese culture. I reckon we could tempt investment with pasties (they're essentially just big 饺子, right?!).