Oscar Threlkeld? | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Oscar Threlkeld?

Jun 2, 2016
I think people are randomly musing that it wouldn't be surprising if another club were to put an offer in for such a good young player.

May 22, 2006
Think it was rumoured he wanted to go back north for girlfriend reasons. Slightly put into question by going off on holiday with Tanner at the moment.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
I think you should ask John Cooper. He seemed to be 'in the know' on the Mark Little rumour thread. After making a hint about 'Freckled', his final post was:-

Well, just remember where you first heard it.

Feb 2, 2007
He's as fast as lightening, up the M1, it's frightening (although Songo'o) is driving so that's understandable.

Anyway, I understand he has been tracked closely by two northern Championship clubs and we will not be well placed when the bids come in. His family is very important to him but a great deal, more money and higher League, as well as close to family will seal the deal.

Jun 2, 2016
nick_PASTIE":1snut6bj said:
Anyway, I understand he has been tracked closely by two northern Championship clubs and we will not be well placed when the bids come in.
For once the player being watched by other clubs is under contract, so we're as well placed as we can be. We'll be asking for a big fee here

Feb 2, 2007
the_corkscrew":3tlvd26u said:
nick_PASTIE":3tlvd26u said:
Anyway, I understand he has been tracked closely by two northern Championship clubs and we will not be well placed when the bids come in.
For once the player being watched by other clubs is under contract, so we're as well placed as we can be. We'll be asking for a big fee here

I would suggest £500k- £700k plus add ons will deal seal; no point keeping a "want away" player at the club unfortunately.

Mar 7, 2006
On secondment in Kent
Nice that our players are attracting interest from higher up the tree. Shows we are heading in the right direction and may show others that we are a good career option even if only as a stepping stone.

As fans we will have to get used to a turnover in the squad but they will only attract interest if we are doing well on the pitch so win-win

Mar 14, 2009
nick_PASTIE":215znfmk said:
the_corkscrew":215znfmk said:
nick_PASTIE":215znfmk said:

I would suggest £500k- £700k plus add ons will deal seal; no point keeping a "want away" player at the club unfortunately.

I thought he is out of contract. So if he refuses to sign a new deal that Argyle wants to invoke then surely it will go the same way as the Nelson deal and it'll be handled by a tribunal because he is 23 or under.

Based on what happened with the Nelson deal which was 200-250kish, then l be surprised to see Argyle get anywhere near those figures you quote.

They base it on how long he has played at the club from when he was our player and the type of wage he was earning. They might look at how Argyle have developed him but then when you think the number of years we taken to develop Nelson and how many more first team games he played than Threkeld, then we aren't going to see much of a return l doubt.

Also he will probably only go to a rival L1 or L2 club so the fact he isn't really stepping up may effect any tribunal price.

Mar 7, 2006
On secondment in Kent
Morning MGM, grab yourself another coffee... :lol: ...

he is under contract so the post was referring to Argyles asking price and not a tribunal assessment of his worth.

Mar 14, 2009
Adam_R":3tknu3x2 said:

he is under contract so the post was referring to Argyles asking price and not a tribunal assessment of his worth.

Morning..

Well according to the official site he is one of those players where the club have seemingly have taken up the offer to extend his contract. Which means he must of been out of contract this summer!!

Argyle may take up the option but if the player wants to go and refuses to acknowledge or sign the extension to the contact then surely there isn't much Argyle can do. Maybe Argyle could hold his player registration and stop him playing with any other club but that will be of no benefit to the club or player. If a player wants to,leave nowadays, even if they are under contract they normally do.

That's why l mentioned a tribunal because just like the Nelson deal the club that signs Threkeld will offer a derisory amount and then it will be up to Argyle if they want to play hard ball.

Personally, l'd love to keep Oscar. He was one of last year standouts, especially in both full back postions. Yet I can't see a cats hell in chance of anyone paying £500k plus..

Mar 7, 2006
On secondment in Kent
Metal_Green_Mickey":zh4i46ty said:
Adam_R":zh4i46ty said:

Morning..

Well according to the official site he is one of those players where the club have seemingly have taken up the offer to extend his contract. Which means he must of been out of contract this summer?

Argyle may take up the option but if the player wants to go, then player power rules in today's footballing world. That's why l mentioned a tribunal because just like the Nelson deal the club that signs Threkeld will offer a minimal amount and then it up to Argyle if they want to play hard ball.

Personally, l'd love to keep Oscar. He was one of last year standouts, especially in both full back postions. Yet I can't see a cats hell in chance of anyone paying £500k plus..

Ah i see where you are coming from now. Agreed if it goes to tribunal then we cannot expect the same figures as Nelson.

However, if we have the option to extend his contract but decide not to, due to player power, do we forego any tribunal? As in theory we would have released him?

However i hope Argyle at least trigger the extension and then sell for a fee if needed.

Mar 14, 2009
Adam_R":i6klfo5t said:
Metal_Green_Mickey":i6klfo5t said:
Adam_R":i6klfo5t said:

Morning..

Well according to the official site he is one of those players where the club have seemingly have taken up the offer to extend his contract. Which means he must of been out of contract this summer?

Argyle may take up the option but if the player wants to go, then player power rules in today's footballing world. That's why l mentioned a tribunal because just like the Nelson deal the club that signs Threkeld will offer a minimal amount and then it up to Argyle if they want to play hard ball.

Ah i see where you are coming from now. Agreed if it goes to tribunal then we cannot expect the same figures as Nelson.

However, if we have the option to extend his contract but decide not to, due to player power, do we forego any tribunal? As in theory we would have released him?

However i hope Argyle at least trigger the extension and then sell for a fee if needed.

The interesting part is even if we triggered it, but he wants to leave, does that mean he is not committed or entered into the new contract that Argyle wish to extend?

Surely the option for the club to extend a players contract has to be agreeable by both parties?

This is the problem with these one year deals...

Penlee

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Nov 9, 2011
Stoke in Plymouth
I think with the contract extension situation it is a 'lobster pot'. ie the club trigger it meaning the player can't pull out. It is an automatic extension and I believe is based on games played. The Purrington situation is an example. if DA had wanted to keep him a few more games would have tipped him over the line for an automatic one year extension.