The Beautiful Game (child abuse scandal) | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

The Beautiful Game (child abuse scandal)

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
IJN":bsoxdi5q said:
Quintrell_Green":bsoxdi5q said:
Greenheart":bsoxdi5q said:
Sorry if mentioned before but Devon and Cornwall police are the latest force to be involved in investigations.

It will be interesting to identify which professional club in the SW are caught up in this sad issue.

Has someone said that a 'professional club' in involved? I hadn't read that.

Not hard to imagine that a few people that played for Northern or London clubs (or any club) have since settled/retired in Devon & Cornwall?

dunlop

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 17, 2009
If any director/manager are still at these clubs where there was a cover up the FA should kick the club out of football. Saying that how clean are the FA.

dunlop

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 17, 2009
Chelsea have now issued a statement that they did pay hush money to a former player 2 years ago to cover up the abuse Gary Johnstone got during the 1970.

They have no defence because of admitting they were aware of this problem 2years ago and tried to cover it up.

We will now see if the FA have the guts to at the very least relegate Chesea to the Championship, put a life ban on any members of the Cheseas board who were involved in that decision for life.

Any monetary fine will be pointless to a club like Chelsea.

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
This whole situation is sickening, but the Chelsea hush story is totally unforgivable. The abuse may have been historic, but even so the powers that be at the club wanted to protect the club's image rather than expose the abuse.

How can they be trusted to run an academy? It's more plainly obvious than ever that the children's best interests are not at the forefront of these academies. They should have their rights to host an academy stripped from them in my opinion.

Feb 26, 2012
Ivybridge
As many have said already, the Chelsea cover up is unforgivable---words really do fail me and I am at a loss as to why the media aren't baying for blood. Have we become so desensitised that the enormity of what Chelsea have tried to hide barely registers? The individuals involved need prosecuting for aiding and abetting and the club, as an absolute minimum, need to be relegated. Personally I'd kick any club involved in covering up child abuse out of the league altogether.

dunlop

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 17, 2009
Old Gunner":16q6j6qp said:
As many have said already, the Chelsea cover up is unforgivable---words really do fail me and I am at a loss as to why the media aren't baying for blood. Have we become so desensitised that the enormity of what Chelsea have tried to hide barely registers? The individuals involved need prosecuting for aiding and abetting and the club, as an absolute minimum, need to be relegated. Personally I'd kick any club involved in covering up child abuse out of the league altogether.

Spot on no one seems to want to damage the "Football Brand" the chairman of the FA said last week when announcing there would be an investigation "I doubt there has been any cover up" it will be interesting to see the outcome of the FA investigation and any punishment they dish out.

If this was a sex scandal involving a premier league player it would be plastered all over the place day and night.

dunlop

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 17, 2009
Clubs in N Ireland are now being investigated, the FA have changed the investigator on their inquiry because the problem is bigger than they thought and growing by the day.

Seems a bit strange the written media are not giving this much coverage.

dunlop

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 17, 2009
IT has now emerged several clubs have used onfidentiality agreements to stop ex players speaking about the abuse, makes you think why some are so defensive about this issue.

dunlop

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 17, 2009
This story is getting to be unbelievable latest figures 350 victims, 82 suspects, 98 clubs involved there is no doubt there was a cover up lets hope the punishment is going to be just.

dunlop

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 17, 2009
Dario Gradi has now been suspended by Crewe for his involvement and the abuse is still being suppressed in certain parts of the media.