Jamie Vardy | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Jamie Vardy

Oct 14, 2015
Watching MOTD today I was surprised both pundits didn't think his tackle was not a sending off. Personally I thought it was as not in control when he made the lunge, especially annoying is that fact that it was this ref who didn't send off Rocca of Man Utd for a similar tackle. Secondly, I also thought it was a blatant penalty for Stoke yet they thought it was harsh. All about opinions I suppose and they're meant to be the experts..

Jun 22, 2008
Taunton
Welwyn Pilgrim":2mikoan5 said:
Watching MOTD today I was surprised both pundits didn't think his tackle was not a sending off. Personally I thought it was as not in control when he made the lunge, especially annoying is that fact that it was this ref who didn't send off Rocca of Man Utd for a similar tackle. Secondly, I also thought it was a blatant penalty for Stoke yet they thought it was harsh. All about opinions I suppose and they're meant to be the experts..

I disagree. :cool:

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
The moment Vardy left the floor with both feet, Craig Payson's head filled with the criticism he received on Wednesday for not red carding Rojo.

How is that not a stonewall penalty though? the player intentionally put himself into a shape to block the cross and he stopped the ball with his hand above his head. Please tell how you can interpret that differently.

Oct 14, 2015
Lundan Cabbie":yz0brxom said:
The moment Vardy left the floor with both feet, Craig Payson's head filled with the criticism he received on Wednesday for not red carding Rojo.

How is that not a stonewall penalty though? the player intentionally put himself into a shape to block the cross and he stopped the ball with his hand above his head. Please tell how you can interpret that differently.

Agree 100% hence my original post. It's no wonder referees are so inconsistent with decisions with so called experts confusing issues. In my opinion a defo sending off and a more defo penalty...

Aug 30, 2006
Sheffield
Even worse decision was awarding West Ham that penalty. It drives me to distraction how refs see all the grappling and wrestling in the box and give nothing when outside the box they whistle for things which aren't a quarter as blatant.
Slew has suffered at Morecambe and yesterday at Accrington centre backs are all over him but as soon as he lifts his arms to block/protect he is penalised immediately.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Saw Vardy as a booking, feet weren't 'over the ball' (height) which has always been a moot point (for me at least), also his feet were there because he was leant into and forced out of shape, not the tackle he intended or where he intended his feet to be. Reckless? Maybe, but yellow reckless for me.

Feb 23, 2008
Didn't see it as a red myself, he got the ball first and was off the ground as he'd been pulled back by Johnson, I don't think it was a pre-meditated tackle.

I thought it was a harsh penalty too. His arm is there as he's slid in to block the cross but it is kind of the natural shape someone would make when sliding like that, his arm didn't move toward the ball which is surely what makes it accidental or deliberate?....his reaction also points to the fact it was accidental.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
chunkymonkey78":3dp1mjyg said:
Didn't see it as a red myself, he got the ball first and was off the ground as he'd been pulled back by Johnson, I don't think it was a pre-meditated tackle.

I thought it was a harsh penalty too. His arm is there as he's slid in to block the cross but it is kind of the natural shape someone would make when sliding like that, his arm didn't move toward the ball which is surely what makes it accidental or deliberate?....his reaction also points to the fact it was accidental.

It's a matter of interpretation. The slide to block the cross was a very deliberate action.

Oct 24, 2010
He dived in with two feet off the ground, he was out of control. It was very dangerous and the fact he played the ball is irrelevant. Nailed on red card

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
esmer":35hzz1r2 said:
He dived in with two feet off the ground, he was out of control. It was very dangerous and the fact he played the ball is irrelevant. Nailed on red card

Leicester will claim that he was only out of control because he was pushed. For the panel to defer the suspension, they must prove that the referee made a clear mistake. I don't believe that there is enough to have their claim upheld.

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
Lundan Cabbie":3vrsif3p said:
esmer":3vrsif3p said:

Leicester will claim that he was only out of control because he was pushed. For the panel to defer the suspension, they must prove that the referee made a clear mistake. I don't believe that there is enough to have their claim upheld.
good evening lundan.i know you will know this.i was coming home with my brother this evening and we talked about teams having to leave the day before the match in order to ensure that matches are played at the correct time except for local derbies.what is the mileage between two clubs which permit the the away team to leave on the day of the match please? :thumbup:

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Steve Evans":18o9oktf said:
Lundan Cabbie":18o9oktf said:
esmer":18o9oktf said:

good evening lundan.i know you will know this.i was coming home with my brother this evening and we talked about teams having to leave the day before the match in order to ensure that matches are played at the correct time except for local derbies.what is the mileage between two clubs which permit the the away team to leave on the day of the match please? :thumbup:

I don't know of such a rule. It would be a decision for each individual club as far as I know. There is a rule that they must hand their teamsheet to the referee one hour before kick-off but that's the only imposition I know of regarding time.

I remember when in the Championship, Palace flew to Plymouth on the day of the game for an evening kick-off. Arrived at lunchtime and flew back the next morning. Took them longer to get to Gatwick than the flight itself.

Cabbie is quite correct.

The only stipulation is that teams arrive at the home venue in "good time" !

Whatever that means ?

If teams ARE late AND the kick-off is delayed, they can be fined for the lateness.

I do not believe there is any "rule" covering this situation.

Keep the Faith :scarf: