My other team | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

My other team

Lundan Cabbie

βšͺ️ Pasoti Visitor βšͺ️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Oh please OG

The FIXTURE LIST came out yesterday, not the Schedule.
The SEASON will be 32 matches.
Teams in Florida are already in training and in fact have already started playing FRIENDLY matches.

Your job out there is to stop American terms being brought into FOOTBALL. ;)

C

C. Slade

Bit harsh!
He has lived over there now for a day or two.
Best regards OG.

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦
πŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
βœ… Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
Thanks Max getting near 50 years i have been over here.

We just signed another player who is playing in England, Gerardo Bruna who is currently playing for Accrington Stanley, anyone remember him? He will join the Fury on July 1 after his contract runs out.

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
πŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
βœ… Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
2016 season starts this sunday for the Fury with a rematch of the last years Championship game against the New York Cosmos.
Today the Fury announced their new Adidas kit and new sponsors.

Ce0_JzOUEAAzzLc.jpg

Ottawa has a squad of 22 players unfortunately 2 players incured serious knee injuries which will mean they will miss the whole season. Of the 22 players only 8 are from last years team.

3 new teams have joined the NASL for the 2016 season, Miami, Puerto Rico and Rayo OKC ( Oklahoma) with another new team announced yesterday for the 2017 season in San Francisco.
Other NASL announcements was a tv contract with BEIN Sports to broadcast 34 games this season.

Fury played a number of pre-season games and were undefeated, most of the games were played in indoor facilities, including the Montreal Olympic stadium, but also spent a week in Arizona where it played 2 outdoor games and won both.
A number of NASL terams went overseas to do pre-season, Edmonton went to Scotland, Tamp Bay were in England, NY Cosmos went to Cuba and Fort Lauderdale to China, and Minnesota to Mexico.

Fury had 2 players playing for Canada over the weekend against Mexico

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
πŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
βœ… Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
After playing their first 4 games away from home and only picking up 1 point, Fury played their home opener yesterday and beat Miami FC 2-0 before 7023 fans on a beautiful sunny day. Next up is Minnesota at home on saturday.

Fury play 5 games in May, 4 of them at home.

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
πŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
βœ… Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
Well My other team Ottawa Fury, who for the last 3 years have played in the NASL (North American Soccer League), this is one level below MLS, there were 12 teams in the league, the league was on shaky round and the Ottawa Fury decided to leave and join the USL (United Soccer League) this is a league of 30 teams consisting of 2 divisions, East and West and play a 32 game schedule.

The Fury started their training camp 3 weeks ago. 9 players from last year have returned, and the Fury have an affiliation with MLS team Montreal Impact, the Fury have 21 players signed including 3 on season loan from the Impact, it is expected 2 more players will be signed before the season starts.
As you can imagine Ottawa is not the place to play football outside at this time of year, so all the training is done in huge dome stadiums in Ottawa, they played their first exhibition game last friday beating a local team 7-0. On sunday they flew down to Florida for a 10 day bonding and further outdoor traning at IMG Academy which is one of the largest sports Academies in the US. numerous soccer, football, baseball, tennis, golf use these year round facilities, for training and games.
There are currently at least 5 professional teams and a few non-professional teams holding training camps there, and every evening there is at least one exhibition game being held on one of the numerous fields they have.
The Fury have 3 games scheduled and the first one is tonight against St Louis FC and i intend to be there as i'm on holiday staying nearby, they also have games scheduled thursday and saturday, all games are against other USL teams
Paul Dalglish is still the coach and manager and former Argyle goalie Bruce Grobbelaar is assistant coach and this year they are joined by Julien De Guzman who recently retired as a player, De Guzman was Canada's national captain and was last years Fury captain

There will be a Live Stream of tonights game and the other 2 games at : http://live.imgacademytv.com/ kickoff tonight is at 6pm (11pm UK time)

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
πŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
βœ… Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
Well i never made it to the game as i had only been on the road for 6 mins, when i got side swiped by a vehicle not wanting to drive into the car in front of them so decided he would rather hit the car beside him which was me, i insisted we wait for the cops to arrive which was over an hour, but it ended the other guy receiving a $160.00 fine, the whole side of the car was scraped so will be considerable to repair.

My other team ended up winning 2-1

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
πŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
βœ… Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
So does that mean they took a voluntary relegation?

No, The NASL was considered a Div 2 category league, MLS is Div 1, and USL was Div 3, but this year the USSF promoted USL to a Div 2 category.
Last year NASL had 12 teams this year they have 8 (2 went to MLS, 2 went to USL and 1 folded, and 1 new team joined), last year USL had 25 teams this year they have 30 teams.
The major difference between the 2 leagues is the NASL has older players, more experienced etc, where as the USL is for younger players.
Approx half of the USL teams are either owned by or are independant with an affiliation to a MLS team. Another difference is that the USL is divided into 2 divisions east and west and NASL is one division. Travelling was a major problem for the Fury and was even worse for Canada's other NASL team Edmonton, for instance Edmonton would have to fly 5603 km to play Puerto Rico or 4500 kms to Florida, if you are only averaging 2000 fans you are not making any money, Ottawa was averaging close to 6000 fans but still lost nearly $2 million, switching to the USL, they will save money on transportation, accommodation and wages.
Fury will be considered one of the top teams in USL, the fan base may drop off at the start but if they start winning i can see the fans coming back.

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
πŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
βœ… Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
Today my other team Ottawa Fury played a 11am kickoff against Orlando City, it was a school kids day game with close to 8,000 at the game. as i was sitting at my spot at the 4th officials table i noticed the Orlando coach had a English accent on checking the team list i noticed it was Anthony Pulis, son of Tony Pulis.
So another Argyle connection, so far we have Bruce Grobbelar he is the Fury goalie coach, Toronto FC ll coached by Jason Bent and there was also a player who played for the Fury who went on trial with Argyle about 5 years ago, i think he may have played a couple of pre-season games.

Fury won 1-0 and also at the game today was Kenny Dalglish, father of Paul Dalglish the Fury coach. I'm sure Kenny and Bruce could give a few stories of their time at Liverpool.

Lundan Cabbie

βšͺ️ Pasoti Visitor βšͺ️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Ottawa Green":rvn3099v said:
Today my other team Ottawa Fury played a 11am kickoff against Orlando City, it was a school kids day game with close to 8,000 at the game. as i was sitting at my spot at the 4th officials table i noticed the Orlando coach had a English accent on checking the team list i noticed it was Anthony Pulis, son of Tony Pulis.
So another Argyle connection, so far we have Bruce Grobbelar he is the Fury goalie coach, Toronto FC ll coached by Jason Bent and there was also a player who played for the Fury who went on trial with Argyle about 5 years ago, i think he may have played a couple of pre-season games.

Fury won 1-0 and also at the game today was Kenny Dalglish, father of Paul Dalglish the Fury coach. I'm sure Kenny and Bruce could give a few stories of their time at Liverpool.

The main question is...... why does the fourth official need a table? :)

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
πŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
βœ… Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
why does the fourth official need a table

He doesn't it is just called that, it is a table that is located between the 2 teams, there are 4 people sitting there, the 4th official who spends most of the time standing and talking to the 2 benches to calm the coaches and players down, and is also in constant radio contact with the ref and linesman, the table also is so the 4th official can store his equipment (subsitution board, spare spray can, note books etc) I sit there because I pass on info given to me by the 4th official by radio like subs info, added time, yellow and red card info to the stadium announcer, to the reporters in the press box, to the people who are passing the info on social media. next to me is the tv producer who is keeping the camera people on their toes and next to him is a camera person who does the tv feed showing shots of the benches, crowd shots etc, to the giant screen which shows live play and replays.