St. James Park Developments | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

St. James Park Developments

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
Makes you feel better about Home Park. SJP is built on a hill with a railway track along the back of the grandstand. Even when they complete the developement the new grandstand will only stretch 2/3 of the length due to being hemmed in. The people developing the GS will be building student flats in the land surrounding.

I am surprised that the new away end should be standing as I did think that any new stands had to be seated to comply with the Taylor report or perhaps they meant new stadia.

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
Ade the green":1mdv4k9t said:
Makes you feel better about Home Park. SJP is built on a hill with a railway track along the back of the grandstand. Even when they complete the developement the new grandstand will only stretch 2/3 of the length due to being hemmed in. The people developing the GS will be building student flats in the land surrounding.

I am surprised that the new away end should be standing as I did think that any new stands had to be seated to comply with the Taylor report or perhaps they meant new stadia.
Exeter haven't had three consecutive seasons in the Championship since that was introduced, it doesn't apply to them.

Apr 12, 2016
Ghost":2f37i7lh said:
Since I Was 33":2f37i7lh said:
Fair amount of work going on at SJP. A good number of pictures here and good to see that away end bulldozed. Don't think anybody on here will miss that end.

https://www.exetercityfc.co.uk/news/st- ... velopment/
If you put lipstick on a pig, it's still a pig.

At least the pig is now being moved from the muddy part of the field, being hosed down and will look a bit more respectable :lol:

Just proves that you can't polish a turd. This post reminds me of my funniest Sid James memory involving a re-build. After moving here in the mid eighties, and before becoming a green, I visited SJP on the night they formally opened the new cowshed. No seats but basically the old cowshed with a new roof I think.

Before the game started they persuaded Bobby Robson who was in the area to formally open the stand, and he was duly handed the microphone from the middle of the pitch. Halfway through his address, a local taxi company's comms cut in to the sound system, asking George to travel to 43 Park Rd to collect a Mrs Henderson. George responded with something like "bollocks, I'm on the wrong side of town", to cheers from the 2000 odd spectators listening in. BR took it in good spirit, and made it a very memorable opening.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
First home game of the season yesterday and the first since the developement started. Restricted capacity? Nah, judging by this quote on Exweb....

"Re: ECFC v Cambridge Official match day thread
Was pleased to find that even with two sides closed and a reasonable crowd, there was plenty of room on the bank."

Two sides closed, so what is reasonable?

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Ade the green":81mzvduo said:
First home game of the season yesterday and the first since the developement started. Restricted capacity? Nah, judging by this quote on Exweb....

Was pleased to find that even with two sides closed and a reasonable crowd, there was plenty of room on the bank."

I think four sides closed would be reasonable for Execececeter.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
Pogleswoody":3r3x1agi said:
Ade the green":3r3x1agi said:

I think four sides closed would be reasonable for Execececeter.

None of the sides do or will join up. The new away box extends 4/5th of the stand and the new grandstand is only 3/4s of the side.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
Just read this....

Are these muppets for real? Unique amongst EFL clubs, we've had one for years. Just cos they have two games consoles and a dozen kids sat around waiting to play on them. Take a look down south you pricks.

"Re: The new Family Zone at SJP
Quote Originally Posted by Oldsmobile-88 View Post
I had a look around on Tuesday afternoon.It is a great facility.I had great fun on the bar football table Won 1 & lost 1 against my better half.....

The Family Zone perhaps should be promoted a bit more.Everyone involved in this project should be 'blowing their own trumpet ' .It is such a great idea.
Indeed it is and possibly unique among EFL Clubs?"