Wycombe goalie kit | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Wycombe goalie kit

Lousy Pint

Jam First
Sep 23, 2005
Milano
I like it!!

...although I'm not sure of the psychology behind it, I find the mere sight of the goal is enough to put most 4th division strikers off!!

There is a fine line between Ainsworth 'being a cock' and Adams 'leaving no stone unturned'.

Maybe our dotty kits are designed to put the fear of contracting some sort of disease into the oppos minds?

Apr 29, 2010
Adam_R":1hqwikgx said:
Maybe our "poo puma kits" aren't so bad after all!! who the hell are O'Neills??

So a small (in this country, they're huge in Eire producing all the GAA teams with their kit) manufacturer produces bespoke kits to a 4th tier English team, to the clubs specifications and you're taking issue with the manufacturer? I thought everybody on here was crying out for that exact service for our club. And you're taking issue with it.

Madness!

Dreamgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 28, 2004
Salisbury, Wiltshire
I would love it if WW get tonked 6 v 0 the first time he wears it. In fact I would love it if they get tonked 6 v 0 every week whether he wears it or not.
They've taken years off my life and watching us against them takes me over the anger management threshold

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
I remember reading a few years ago about some research which suggested that when goalkeepers wear fluorescent colored kits they appear larger, and are therefore potentially more distracting, to an advancing forward than if they wore a traditional colour. If I remember correctly the example cited at the time was Peter Cech at Chelsea. So, the basic idea of a fluorescent colour probably has sound logic behind it. The 'magic eye' pattern bit is just nonsense. I think Argyle's new brink pink kit would probably be just as effective.

Mark Colling

♣️ PASTA Member
Sep 23, 2003
Brizzle
www.groupspaces.com
The Doctor":24u6om39 said:
I remember reading a few years ago about some research which suggested that when goalkeepers wear fluorescent colored kits they appear larger, and are therefore potentially more distracting, to an advancing forward than if they wore a traditional colour. If I remember correctly the example cited at the time was Peter Cech at Chelsea. So, the basic idea of a fluorescent colour probably has sound logic behind it. The 'magic eye' pattern bit is just nonsense. I think Argyle's new brink pink kit would probably be just as effective.
There is plenty of research out there along similar lines; it's why the lone tree on a bend gets hit by the crashing car. You look at the tree thinking "miss the tree" but because you are looking at the tree that's where you steer.

It's also a large part of the reason that some golfers (such as Jordan Speith) look at the hole rather than the ball on some putts.