Rooney back to Everton | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Rooney back to Everton

Aug 30, 2016
Peverell
I'm sure many Everton fans will feel as you do but the club obviously feel that a player of Rooney's skill and experience will benefit their current team and are pragmatic enough not to hold a grudge over something that happened such a long time ago.

May 8, 2011
Evertonians have no grudge against Rooney, he has always stayed a supporter, and have been back and watched several games over the years, now if you want someone Evertonians will always despise your man is Jamie Carragher.

A

andyr1963

Argylegames":1vafopbn said:
WHY?

Why would they take back the guy who pood on them 13 years ago by going so late in the transfer window that they couldn't replace him?

I remember it as Man U coming in late, just before the season starting and Rooney not knowing if he would get a second chance at going to a club where he won EVERYTHING unlike Alan Shearer. Was given an opportunity and he took it.

Things looking good for Everton at the moment, Rooney is still capable of being a high level Premiership player.

Everton to take Spurs place in the top four next season? :think:

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Argylegames":whxkgjtf said:
WHY?

Why would they take back the guy who pood on them 13 years ago by going so late in the transfer window that they couldn't replace him?

I very much doubt that the timing of the move was down to the player.

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
Lundan Cabbie":3iq551cl said:
Argylegames":3iq551cl said:
WHY?

I very much doubt that the timing of the move was down to the player.
You would be right to doubt it. Rooney submitted a transfer request quite early in the summer and Everton rejected several bids for him before finally accepting United's offer.