Ollie Watkins signing for Brentford | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Ollie Watkins signing for Brentford

Aug 5, 2016
They will regret it, nowhere near the consistency required. First he will get benched, then his career will go backwards.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
pees me off that they seem to get very decent money for the players they had.

We let Purrington go for £300k :mad:

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
Tugboat":65e7mv75 said:
pi$$es me off that they seem to get very decent money for the players they had.

We let Purrington go for £300k :mad:
i do agree that we need to seriously look at the youth department and capitalise on the talent in this area

Jul 19, 2006
Yorkshire
fudge sakes Brentford £1.8 million ! ARGYLE £500k how we have been left behind hull Swansea Brentford all teams we have competed with over the years on a level platform we were bigger than Brentford personally thing Exeter have done great business again but brentford £1.8 million has the world gone mad

Jul 19, 2006
Yorkshire
Fooks sakes Brentford £1.8 million ! ARGYLE £500k how we have been left behind hull Swansea Brentford all teams we have competed with over the years on a level platform we were bigger than Brentford personally thing Exeter have done great business again but brentford £1.8 million has the world gone mad[/quote]

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
Knibbsworth":16vketh2 said:
They will regret it, nowhere near the consistency required. First he will get benched, then his career will go backwards.
You would always expect a player in this situation to be on the bench to start with. He might not even be a regular starter by the end of the first season, but he's young, there's nothing wrong with that. Brentford are a club that generally recruit wisely and are generally very good at developing talent. It's a good move for him.

£1.8m might seem a lot, but the money from the Premier League is dripping down a bit. With more money in the game promotion/relegation is worth more to clubs now which then obviously changes the value of a player.

In January for example, a lot of people thought Jermain Defoe was Sunderland's only hope of staying in the Premier League, but they were saying they should've sold him if they'd received an offer of about £10m. To Sunderland staying in the Premier League would have been worth over £100m to the club and if he was their only chance of staying up then his value to them is over £100m. That might seem stupid, but that's how it is with the money currently in the game.

Jul 11, 2006
tiverton
Argy1e":1laso2i0 said:
Knibbsworth":1laso2i0 said:
You would always expect a player in this situation to be on the bench to start with. He might not even be a regular starter by the end of the first season, but he's young, there's nothing wrong with that. Brentford are a club that generally recruit wisely and are generally very good at developing talent. It's a good move for him.

£1.8m might seem a lot, but the money from the Premier League is dripping down a bit. With more money in the game promotion/relegation is worth more to clubs now which then obviously changes the value of a player.

In January for example, a lot of people thought Jermain Defoe was Sunderland's only hope of staying in the Premier League, but they were saying they should've sold him if they'd received an offer of about £10m. To Sunderland staying in the Premier League would have been worth over £100m to the club and if he was their only chance of staying up then his value to them is over £100m. That might seem stupid, but that's how it is with the money currently in the game.

Said to my mate, when Defoe was coming back from the MLS I was stunned none of the higher up/mid table prem clubs went for him, far too good a player to have been playing for Sunderland in my opinion.