Vacancy at Hearts | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Vacancy at Hearts

Oct 24, 2013
Hearts just sacked their boss; will they be after DA? If not, which jobs North of the border do you think DA would have a genuine interest in? I'd like to think only the Glasgow clubs, but not sure this is realistic.

May 21, 2015
Que 40 pages of panic posts/speculation, ending in confirmation that DA is not going anywhere. :thumbup:

Leo's Grandad

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 18, 2011
Sunny Plymouth
With my green tinted glasses on I'd hope he wouldn't be interested in any jobs north of the border as the future here appears to be bright and he has the opportunity to grow wit the club.

May 8, 2011
He wasn't their boss he was Head Coach, there is a Director of Football above him.
Unless they change their system reading what Adams said about his time at Hibs as Assistant Manager I can't see him wanting to be anything but in total charge of football matters, so he wouldn't be interested.

Oct 24, 2013
Hasn't DA himself said a return to Scotland is inevitable at some point? I agree with the hope that now is not the time, just trying to come to a consensus on which job or jobs might tempt him. Clearly, Celtic is the top job, but he is nowhere near that yet.

It would have been interesting to see how things would have transpired had McInnes taken the Sunderland job, as DA would have been a perfect fit at Aberdeen.

Mar 7, 2006
On secondment in Kent
No disrespect to the man, but I don't think he quite satisfies the requirements of the Glasgow clubs. Rangers are back on the rise so probably looking for more high profile candidates. Outside of that I doubt there is much desire to move back to Scotland.

I'm not even sure a promotion to the Championship would cause much of a stir with those two.. although his stock would rise in England should that happen and we would be fending off interest from other Championship clubs.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
PAFC94":10boi157 said:
Hearts are a mess right now. He won't be going anywhere.

I can remember Hearts just managing a draw with Argyle in a pre-season friendly just a few seasons ago. Hearts are in a technically higher League in Scotland, but I doubt whether the average skill level is much greater than that of Division One. I cannot see DA jumping ship at this stage when he wants to further prove himself.

Nov 4, 2012
I watched Hearts v Dunfermline the other day because I'm that desperate for football at the moment. They are not in good nick. They have Cole f#cking Stockton up front so that should tell you all you need to know. They have just crashed out of the League cup finishing their group in 3rd behind Dunfermline and Peterhead. They decided to throw the bonus point penalty shootout knowing they were out already by skying every penalty (apart from Kyle Lafferty who is so sh#t he managed to sneak his pen in off the post despite clearly trying to miss :facepalm:). They were booed throughout the game by angry fans and booed off at full time. The Chairman and Director of football are also not adored by the supporters. A clearly angry ex hearts player who was the pundit described the performance as "cr@p" live on air.

So In conclusion I think it's highly unlikely that DA would choose this time and place to make his move.

Oct 24, 2013
He came to us! Whilst Sheridan had certainly steadied the ship, there was a lot of work to be done and extremely limited resources.

Jan 6, 2017
Plymouth
Celtic, Rangers and (at a push) Aberdeen aside, a move to any other Scottish club would be a step backwards in my opinion.

Most of the sides in the SPL would struggle in League One and have budgets to match.

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth