Berry Training with Torquay | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Berry Training with Torquay

Jan 6, 2013
Seems like any prospect of an immediate move to league 1 failed to materialise as he's now training with Torquay. If he decides to sign for them it makes his decision to refuse the contract in the summer seem ludicrous. However I'm glad he did as in Mellor we have a much better player in my opinion.

I doubt he'll sign for them though seems to be short term for fitness.
http://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/Plymout ... story.html

Feb 26, 2012
Ivybridge
I thought he was a decent player, although he seems to have been badly advised. When I first starting watching Argyle I thought he was one of our most talented players--the others being Hourihane and Nelson. I think he's young enough to come again.

C

Cobi Budge.

Never thought he had a great attitude if I'm honest & clearly thought he was better than he was by turning us down thinking he'd get better.

Good luck to him I guess, probably his level.

Voice of Reason

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 30, 2004
Not sure you could question his attitude whilst he was with us. Certainly couldn't accuse him of giving less than 100% on the field of play.

Harl has it right though, he didn't suit 3-5-2 where the full backs were the players who had time and space. He didn't want the ball, at Mansfield away last year him and Reckord were truly awful and there desire to not have the ball at feet, made Conor's job in midfield impossible.

He'll make it in the Conf or League 2 as an out and out defender who has decent pace and upper body strength, but he doesn't have the technical ability to play much if any higher.

It does just go to show how naive some of these young lads are, that they believe that League 1 clubs will throw money at just anybody.

May 3, 2009
perlymuff
He was poo. Even my 7 year old lad could see it. Unless he was influenced by me shouting it every time Berry did something rubbish (which was often)

Emu

Oct 3, 2003
Sarf London
Cobi Budge.":3gruo2vz said:
Never thought he had a great attitude if I'm honest & clearly thought he was better than he was by turning us down thinking he'd get better.

Good luck to him I guess, probably his level.

I don't think it was an attitude problem, more delusions of grandeur.

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
Never a fan. If he was half as good as he thought he was it would still be twice as good as he really was, got himself into situations too often.

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
I always thought he was a decent enough right back at our level. It sounds harsh but I'm glad he left though, we've found a far better player in the form of Mellor.

Good luck to him, hopefully he'll prove himself with Torquay at that level and get a permanent deal elsewhere, sad to see a young lad's career slowly tail off :sad: