Wycombe again.... | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Wycombe again....

B

Big Dave

Just noticed there game had 8 minutes added on again. Joke club

Jun 4, 2015
Ford
Its not a question of an obsession at all, just a very valid observation that rightly suggests there is a repellent side to Wycombe's approach to the game.

Oct 5, 2013
Emeraldinho":xen0hw2k said:
Its not a question of an obsession at all, just a very valid observation that rightly suggests there is a repellent side to Wycombe's approach to the game.

Quite agree. If Wycombe continue with their current strategy, it could run like a disease through the entire game. I don't like to think of players going there, getting "infected", then coming away to spread it wherever else they go.
That's partly why I'm boycotting Beechdean Ice Cream.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
If they added 8 minutes on then it seems to me that they are NOT getting away with wasting time by feigning injury.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
Lundan Cabbie":1ojaoxdh said:
If they added 8 minutes on then it seems to me that they are NOT getting away with wasting time by feigning injury.

The point being LC, that feigning an injury at a time when your opponents are on top of the game disrupts them and can give your team respite or an opportunity to get back on parity. Obviously you forget that Wycombe have more instances of time using injuries once they are in front. If it wasn't to gain an advantage it would be the same if they were behind in a game which, they don't.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Ade the green":3cu6cz6i said:
Lundan Cabbie":3cu6cz6i said:

The point being LC, that feigning an injury at a time when your opponents are on top of the game disrupts them and can give your team respite or an opportunity to get back on parity. Obviously you forget that Wycombe have more instances of time using injuries once they are in front. If it wasn't to gain an advantage it would be the same if they were behind in a game which, they don't.

I know it's frustrating but they break no laws. Changing the pace of the game to suit your own circumstances, whether we like it or not, is good tactics. I realise they push it to the limits, I can understand the frustration and I get that it detracts entertainment for supporters but the best way to stop them using tactics like this is to not allow them to go in front. Maybe not the best answer but we know this would work.

C

C. Slade

Totally agree with Ade, (and that's a first). Was scarred by the Wycombe game. Will look for their result every week in future in the hope they have lost.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
Lundan Cabbie":2qm2ppbi said:
Ade the green":2qm2ppbi said:
Lundan Cabbie":2qm2ppbi said:

I know it's frustrating but they break no laws. Changing the pace of the game to suit your own circumstances, whether we like it or not, is good tactics. I realise they push it to the limits, I can understand the frustration and I get that it detracts entertainment for supporters but the best way to stop them using tactics like this is to not allow them to go in front. Maybe not the best answer but we know this would work.

LC, I completely understand and agree with you that this is not illegal in the eyes of the FA and the FL but the manner in which they act out injuries could result in a serious injury to one of their own players being ignored. When their keeper went down, we know now that it was a serious enough injury to need a stretcher etc but at the time we'd seen it all before so if Reuben had scored we'd all be feeling a hint of shame at the moment. As it was the injury was to his leg but in order to try and get the passage of play stopped he feigned a head injury. Now knowing that he and his team mates are prone to play acting what if one of his colleagues goes down with a real serious head injury and the element of doubt leads to the slightest of delays in getting treatment. For that reason alone this simulation must be stamped out or at the very least discouraged by managers rather than in Ainsworth's case whereby he's seen as actively encouraging it amongst his team. In real life we don't like being conned and it makes little difference if you're on your own or part of a collective it still rankles.

Add to that, the behaviour of Ainsworth that went far beyond gamesmanship or one upmanship that goes on on the touch line. Having won the game you'd think he'd be happy to leave it at that instead of snarling in DA's face and trying to get another negative reaction from a representative of the club which is quite obviously what his intention was.

It's no coincidence that the forums and boards from every club is the same for the week following a game against that lot and it's a shame only a few of the Wycombe fans can see what a poor reputation they have. Well done to Luton BTW who did to them what they do week in week out to everyone else, but they shouldn't need to and neither should anyone else.

Oct 5, 2013
Max Colt":3n6rx9z5 said:
Totally agree with Ade, (and that's a first). Was scarred by the Wycombe game. Will look for their result every week in future in the hope they have lost.

Same for me, unless they change.
Will continue my boycott of Beechdean Ice Cream until then.

Oct 5, 2013
Ade the green":2eplifm3 said:
Lundan Cabbie":2eplifm3 said:
Ade the green":2eplifm3 said:
Lundan Cabbie":2eplifm3 said:

LC, I completely understand and agree with you that this is not illegal in the eyes of the FA and the FL but the manner in which they act out injuries could result in a serious injury to one of their own players being ignored. When their keeper went down, we know now that it was a serious enough injury to need a stretcher etc but at the time we'd seen it all before so if Reuben had scored we'd all be feeling a hint of shame at the moment. As it was the injury was to his leg but in order to try and get the passage of play stopped he feigned a head injury. Now knowing that he and his team mates are prone to play acting what if one of his colleagues goes down with a real serious head injury and the element of doubt leads to the slightest of delays in getting treatment. For that reason alone this simulation must be stamped out or at the very least discouraged by managers rather than in Ainsworth's case whereby he's seen as actively encouraging it amongst his team. In real life we don't like being conned and it makes little difference if you're on your own or part of a collective it still rankles.

Add to that, the behaviour of Ainsworth that went far beyond gamesmanship or one upmanship that goes on on the touch line. Having won the game you'd think he'd be happy to leave it at that instead of snarling in DA's face and trying to get another negative reaction from a representative of the club which is quite obviously what his intention was.

It's no coincidence that the forums and boards from every club is the same for the week following a game against that lot and it's a shame only a few of the Wycombe fans can see what a poor reputation they have. Well done to Luton BTW who did to them what they do week in week out to everyone else, but they shouldn't need to and neither should anyone else.

Quite agree, their tactics constitute a threat to the integrity of the entire game, in my view.
That's why I shall continue my boycott of Beechdean Ice Cream until they change the formula.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
philevs":pjy2jsq2 said:
Ade the green":pjy2jsq2 said:
Lundan Cabbie":pjy2jsq2 said:
Ade the green":pjy2jsq2 said:
Lundan Cabbie":pjy2jsq2 said:

Quite agree, their tactics constitute a threat to the integrity of the entire game, in my view.
That's why I shall continue my boycott of Beechdean Ice Cream until they change the formula.

Hear hear.

Apr 20, 2008
Plymouth
Lundan Cabbie":2f4wlt5t said:
Not necessarily.

As others who were there will testify, even only giving 9 minutes on Saturday was a complete bottlejob by the referee. Should have been 12 at the very very least.

I know what referees stop time for and what they don't, which is lucky for Wycombe because if he decided to use common sense to decide the added time we would have been close to 20.

Oct 5, 2013
Dan Ellard":3k51047w said:
Lundan Cabbie":3k51047w said:
Not necessarily.

As others who were there will testify, even only giving 9 minutes on Saturday was a complete bottlejob by the referee. Should have been 12 at the very very least.

I know what referees stop time for and what they don't, which is lucky for Wycombe because if he decided to use common sense to decide the added time we would have been close to 20.

I would think Wycombe know this full well

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
It's not just the time wasting that is annoying it's also Wycombe stopping the flow of the game and killing any momentum we had. No fan will see a decent game of football with Wycombe involved.

The football authorities recently changed the rules so that referees can give head injuries top priority and stop the game and rightly so.
Shame on Wycombe for exploiting this and feigning a head injury to stop the game.

You really had to be at the match to experience this, in the cold light of day after a match it doesn't come across as so bad if you were not there.