Corner strategy | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Corner strategy

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
mervyn":s577ppku said:
Just watching the Derby/Leicester game. Can someone explain to me the reason why most corner kickers now take great care to place the ball outside the quarter circle, with just an edge on the white line. What's the advantage?

I doubt there is any advantage as long as the ground is stable where the standing foot is going to be placed and the flag post isn't going to interfere with the approach to the ball.

Bubba

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 26, 2006
I'm sure it just allows them more room away from the corner flag and allows them to wrap their foot around it.

Ponty

English and proud of it
Staff member
R.I.P
Sep 27, 2006
Plymouth
Bubba":os2hfg7t said:
I'm sure it just allows them more room away from the corner flag and allows them to wrap their foot around it.
Foot....

All copyrights courtesy of Frank Harper and Pedro...

Aug 5, 2016
Given the amount of corners that can't even beat the first man any more, I'm sure they are just stealing every inch they can to desperately get it to the back post!!

Although Bubba's is the sensible answer. Short of removing the corner flag, there isn't a great deal of room to take a corner unobstructed by the flag post. To get maximum curve on it, players need to swing their striking foot as deep behind and under the ball as they can.