whingeing janner | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

whingeing janner

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
It's a tourist club anyway

N

NorfolkGreen

I don't get this obsession with people only being able to support the team where they live.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
NorfolkGreen":1e0bv82u said:
I don't get this obsession with people only being able to support the team where they live.

I agree. Competition is fierce and like it or not?, local teams are now competing with what is being broadcast into everyone's home.

Sep 13, 2003
NorfolkGreen":dnnzkjyn said:

I don't get this obsession of people supporting a team where they have no affiliation, never lived, never even visited, and have no family links to the city.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Clarke_B":16rrb7q5 said:
NorfolkGreen":16rrb7q5 said:

I don't get this obsession of people supporting a team where they have no affiliation, never lived, never even visited, and have no family links to the city.

This.

It's just too easy and fashionable to jump on the success bandwagon

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Tugboat":he6dg0zk said:
Clarke_B":he6dg0zk said:
NorfolkGreen":he6dg0zk said:

This.

It's just too easy and fashionable to jump on the success bandwagon

It's right there in their living room though. How more local do you want in this day and age? Unfortunately, this is where the biggest competition comes from for local teams.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
It's right there in your living room, correct. So why not just follow that team or have a soft spot for them? How and why can you go from just watching on the telly, to referring to the team as 'we' and decking out your home in memorabilia?

Bragging rights? So you can have a sense of superiority over all the losers around you supporting a 'rubbish' team? Either way, it's pretty sad.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Biggs":1j0seknz said:
It's right there in your living room, correct. So why not just follow that team or have a soft spot for them? How and why can you go from just watching on the telly, to referring to the team as 'we' and decking out your home in memorabilia?

Bragging rights? So you can have a sense of superiority over all the losers around you supporting a 'rubbish' team? Either way, it's pretty sad.

It's right there in my living room. I (occasionally) watch football on tv, many years ago (London Based) I used to go to watch Arsenal, Chelsea, whoever - occasionally.
I have never jumped to my feet with a bright red face shouting 'YeeeeeeSSSSS!' when any other team I was watching scored (exclude England!) except Argyle. Why would I? I don't/can't feel anything for them.

I enjoy football but I live Argyle. :scarf:

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Since I have moved to Plymouth I have discovered the strange phenomenon of people claiming to have TWO teams. I don't just mean a team that they have a soft spot for, but one that they are prepared to say that they support when asked who is their team. They proudly say Argyle and..... This is as much alien to me as people supporting a team that they have never seen live. When in London for instance, I never came across a Millwall fan who "had" a Premier League team as well.

I myself keep a close eye on Argyle these days, also Barnet who I have had a professional interaction with in the past but I would never claim to be a supporter, even on a part time basis.

Oct 16, 2016
The premiership is a product, it's not real, tangible footy

It's vile and run for suits not people

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007