wycombe versus pompey today | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

wycombe versus pompey today

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Cheat? I'm sure he would say that breaking up the flow of the game is simply a tactic that they employ. If there was too much then the referee didn't buy it that added time was for excessive time wasting.

Yes I know it is frustrating but all teams try a bit of unsporting stuff when needed. Go back to the Crawley game at Home Park this season. On two occasions Crawley put the ball into touch to allow treatment to Argyle players. On re-starting play Argyle gave them back possession, not in the area they had had the ball though but in the form of a throw-in deep towards the corner flag. And guess what, on both occasions it led to Argyle scoring. Funnily enough, not one mention of this appeared on this site. :shock:

All teams do it one way or another.

Emu

Oct 3, 2003
Sarf London
Funnily enough though Lundan, for whatever rights and wrongs about it, Wycombe do seem to attract a lot of 'extra time' in their matches.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Emu":nmyncmod said:
Funnily enough though Lundan, for whatever rights and wrongs about it, Wycombe do seem to attract a lot of 'extra time' in their matches.

Well that means then that referees are becoming aware and the time is not being wasted if it gets added back on.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
The Wycombe time wasting (WTW) doesn't tell the full story.
It often happens that just when the opposition have a bit of momentum a Wycombe player will fall down with a "head injury", time will be added on for his "treatment" but it's the blatant cheating that annoys a lot of fans.

Still, we've never been 4-0 down at half time this season. Oops. :)

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
PL2 3DQ":1s1ylnc7 said:
The Wycombe time wasting (WTW) doesn't tell the full story.
It often happens that just when the opposition have a bit of momentum a Wycombe player will fall down with a "head injury", time will be added on for his "treatment" but it's the blatant cheating that annoys a lot of fans.

Still, we've never been 4-0 down at half time this season. Oops. :)

I went down with a head injury myself...... and it is still hurting now :sad:

Aug 5, 2016
Lundan Cabbie":1f5o4b59 said:
Cheat? I'm sure he would say that breaking up the flow of the game is simply a tactic that they employ. If there was too much then the referee didn't buy it that added time was for excessive time wasting.

Yes I know it is frustrating but all teams try a bit of unsporting stuff when needed. Go back to the Crawley game at Home Park this season. On two occasions Crawley put the ball into touch to allow treatment to Argyle players. On re-starting play Argyle gave them back possession, not in the area they had had the ball though but in the form of a throw-in deep towards the corner flag. And guess what, on both occasions it led to Argyle scoring. Funnily enough, not one mention of this appeared on this site. :shock:

All teams do it one way or another.

I would say cheating is a perfectly adequate way to describe the feigning of injuries, the simulation of contact to the face/head when there hasn't even been an aerial challenge. The charade of three different players sitting on their arse for two minutes pretending they've got cramp, only to go off and come back on darting around like Threlkeld. It's not bending the rules, it's outright deception.

PL2 is bang on the money. It is doing what it takes to disrupt the opposition's momentum. It is feigning cramp. It is holding your face saying you've been caught by a flailing arm when one wasn't even thrown. That IS cheating. The rules are meant to protect the injured and vulnerable, and Wycombe deceptively try to gain advantages over the opposition by using them as little TIMEOUTs every time they play a side better than them.

It is good that refs are piling the minutes on in stoppage time, but sad that the cheating is evidently still prospering when there's been 9 minutes of added time for a series of phoney cramps. Miller nearly broke his ankle at Liverpool and requires oxygen on the pitch and four men to stretcher him off, and that took up only six minutes. Says it all about what Wycombe do to break up the game - they spend more time in the floor than someone who has genuinely broken his ankle and needs an oxygen tank brought on the pitch.