Torquay Great Escape | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Torquay Great Escape

Oct 14, 2015
I know many PAFC supporters have a soft spot for the Gulls, myself included in that number. A week or so I feared greatly for them that they'd end up relegated and then just disappear into space never to be seen again. However yesterday's win at Dover has given them a significant chance of survival and hopefully a home win next week can see them safely over the finish line and can rebuild during the closed season. So I'm going for a treble next Saturday. Us to beat Crewe, Exeter do us a massive favour by beating Donny with a RR last minute winner and Torquay to win at home to North Ferriby.....I'd be interested in what odds I can get for that little lot....

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
TUFC have a far bigger battle I'm afraid.

They are now owned by a company who are after buying the leasehold of Plainmoor, so they can demolish it and build unaffordable houses on it.

Torquay has a Mayor, Gordon Oliver who seems to be hell bent on doing a deal with them, so he can bring wealthier people into the area. He has no love for football or football fans at all.

It's a recipe for disaster and the TUST is on it and most Gulls fans now understand the peril they are in.

Great result yesterday but who knows what lies around the corner for this club?

IJN":62ftotp9 said:

They are now owned by a company who are after buying the leasehold of Plainmoor, so they can demolish it and build unaffordable houses on it.

Torquay has a Mayor, Gordon Oliver who seems to be hell bent on doing a deal with them, so he can bring wealthier people into the area. He has no love for football or football fans at all.

It's a recipe for disaster and the TUST is on it and most Gulls fans now understand the peril they are in.

A friend of mine who is a Gulls supporter went to see them at Dover yesterday thinking it could be the last time he sees them play. As Ian mentions above the big battle is off the field.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
It would be appreciated by the Torquay fans if people could sign this petition:

Torquay Petition

Oct 31, 2015
Looking at their table how on earth have York sunk so low!! Nit a good hunting ground for ex league teams!!!

Good luck TUFC

Sep 23, 2005
rsp4":2oesmtpp said:
Looking at their table how on earth have York sunk so low!! Nit a good hunting ground for ex league teams!!!

Good luck TUFC
Really want Torquay to survive but sad that seems like it could be at the expense of York. Loved my away weekends there.

Aug 5, 2016
IJN":1eo14imy said:

Terrible to hear.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
gaspargomez":1ey8n8kv said:
If they win their final home game of the season on Sat 29th they stay up- I might go along.

Argyle's at home????

Jan 29, 2010
IJN":2uevisb7 said:
gaspargomez":2uevisb7 said:
If they win their final home game of the season on Sat 29th they stay up- I might go along.

Argyle's at home????

Just about make it, 12:15 kick off in Torquay, should just about be done by 14:00 then a mad dash down the A38 to Home Park for 15:00. Shame that traffic and parking would hamper your chances. Would have brought back memories of some of my mad trips in the late 80's early 90's watching Argyle away on a Saturday, into London for Saturday night, Brentford on a Sunday morning then a mad dash by tube across London to watch whatever the televised game was, usually Arsenal, Spurs or Chelsea as back then it was itv and nearly all live games were London based.

Alan Turing

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jul 24, 2010
Mutley
I'm going for the first half and then back for the Crewe game.