Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jul 24, 2010
Mutley
...are a Football League team!

They beat Tranmere Rovers 3-1 today in the National League play off final.

The tiny Gloucestershire town of Nailsworth (pop 5800) becomes the smallest by some margin to have a league team.

May 16, 2016
Alan Turing":2vugkjo5 said:
...are a Football League team!

They beat Tranmere Rovers 3-1 today in the National League play off final.

The tiny Gloucestershire town of Nailsworth (pop 5800) becomes the smallest by some margin to have a league team.

As long as they don't bring the time wasting and shenanigans they were dispalying at the end, then good luck to them.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Well done FGR!!

Used to work in Stroud and Nailsworth is largely viewed there as an 'adjunct' to Stroud and Rovers very largely seen as a Stroud team, just some flat ground over there!!
Take your thermals, the coldest ground I have ever been to!! Colder than Oldham and WBA!! Don't know where the wind comes from but it cuts through that stadium!! Nice bar tho'!!

Don't know about wasting time but don't know why the ref thinks that he has the power to tell a player to play the ball to the opposition keeper?? :think:

Well done!! Anyway!! Nice awayday for us tbh!! :scarf:
(tho' not for a few seasons or never in the League I hope!! :oops: )

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
I am inclined to think that FGR's continuity in the EFL will depend more on their Chairman's continued financial support than the team. It is difficult seeing the Club survive on such small local support. It will be interesting to watch next season.

lipsonlad67

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 17, 2016
Deepest Lincolnshire
Congratulations to FGR. Went to their old ground, the atmosphere was more like what you'd find at a county championship cricket match, very genteel. Hope they do well but can't help but think it will go all Rushden and Diamonds on them.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Meh.

Really don't get the love in or the way that the media are making their promotion out to be some sort of miracle story, just another very small club being bankrolled by an odd owner, tons of them around and it's a real shame, makes the conference a very difficult place to escape from for those clubs who go about things properly and want to build on a stable financial footing.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Quintrell_Green":3b37g5q6 said:
I am inclined to think that FGR's continuity in the EFL will depend more on their Chairman's continued financial support than the team. It is difficult seeing the Club survive on such small local support. It will be interesting to watch next season.
No different to Accrington Stanley (FGR have bigger crowds), so like a lot of clubs like that they'll rely on wealthy benefactors. I think they'll hold their own in the league, especially with Mark Cooper in charge

Mar 1, 2014
Ilfracombe, Devon
Best of luck to them, I say! I'd love to see them do well, but like lipsonlad67 has said, part of me fears a future collapse like R&D. Still, I'd love to see them thump Exeter next season if they don't join us in League 1...