John Terry's Farewell - Subbed On 26 Minutes | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

John Terry's Farewell - Subbed On 26 Minutes

Apr 12, 2016
A stage managed substitution on 26 minutes and agreed by Sunderland for Terry to come off in his final game and get a guard of honour coming off. Being a football purist I really hope this doesn't start a trend. Bit crass in my humble opinion.

Sep 6, 2006
I agree. As if his ego isn't big enough. Where do you draw the line on this? Says the player is bigger than the game. And all his own idea I hear! Unbelievable.

Mar 7, 2006
On secondment in Kent
Retire his number, make a 26 out of paper in the crowd, clap on the 26th minute but don't stop the f-ing game for him and don't create a guard of honour in the middle of a game.

Whats the next step? Sponsored retirement breaks. This ad is brought to you by Saga.

Not a fan of his but hats off to him for being a "one-clubber" - he deserves some recognition... but not this.

For the first time ever i agree with Balham_Green and Garth Crooks. I need to sit down!

Apr 12, 2016
Indeed I missed putting in that it was his idea. Can think of a few managers down the years that would have told him where to go. Can also think there can't be too many players in the modern game that would have had the brass neck to suggest it but maybe now might be a few more. The football became a sideshow for a few minutes

Sep 6, 2006
And why come off in the 26th minute? Why not play the game. That's what he is paid to do. Can't stand the guy.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Maybe squad number 46 would be more viable?? Why couldn't he 'retire' at the half time whistle?? Add five minutes on to the break?
Any Sunderland player who tweaked a hamstring in the restarted game might have a case for pointing the finger at him?
Referee must have agreed? Is that the ref's job? Is 'stopping the game for a tv tribute' in the rules?? :facepalm:

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
Terry asked to be subbed off in the 26th minute, but his teammates decided to do the guard of honour that bit wasn't his idea.

Jul 29, 2006
Bridgend
The thing that got me is that David Moyes agreed Sunderland would put the ball out in the 26th minute! This needs to be looked at and made clear that it can't happen again.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
The-Pilgrim":2867nhqa said:
The thing that got me is that David Moyes agreed Sunderland would put the ball out in the 26th minute! This needs to be looked at and made clear that it can't happen again.

First time this season that his players managed to do what he wanted them to do?? :whistle:

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
I don't know any Chelsea fans who didn't love that tribute and the way it was done. It was their send off and not really anyone else's business. What a wonderful send off and I wish my club had such a legend to give similar treatment.

Jun 4, 2015
Ford
Lundan Cabbie":1s9tslb4 said:
I don't know any Chelsea fans who didn't love that tribute and the way it was done. It was their send off and not really anyone else's business. What a wonderful send off and I wish my club had such a legend to give similar treatment.
bullpoo - it was certainly Sunderland's, the EPL and FAs business too! The bloke's a complete tool and symptomatic of the Premiershyte apparent mindset of being bigger than the game itself. :furious:

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Emeraldinho":2tp65v01 said:
Lundan Cabbie":2tp65v01 said:
bullpoo - it was certainly Sunderland's, the EPL and FAs business too! The bloke's a complete tool and symptomatic of the Premiershyte apparent mindset of being bigger than the game itself. :furious:

Absolute tosh. Sunderland didn't have a problem with it. The EPL didn't have a problem with it. The FA don't appear to have had a problem with it. So Chelsea made a substitution in the 26th minute and some players took the opportunity to give him a guard of honour. None of that is against the laws of the game. The excessive time was even added on at HT. The only people complaining are those that have a personal dislike for John Terry.

Sep 6, 2006
Lundan Cabbie":3b4cfntd said:
Emeraldinho":3b4cfntd said:
Lundan Cabbie":3b4cfntd said:

Absolute tosh. Sunderland didn't have a problem with it. The EPL didn't have a problem with it. The FA don't appear to have had a problem with it. So Chelsea made a substitution in the 26th minute and some players took the opportunity to give him a guard of honour. None of that is against the laws of the game. The excessive time was even added on at HT. The only people complaining are those that have a personal dislike for John Terry.

So how often do you think we should stop games in this manner? Is Terry royalty or something?