Saints boss sacked | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Saints boss sacked

A

andyr1963

League Cup final was not good enough to save his job. :shock:

Mar 7, 2006
On secondment in Kent
rumours have been circulating since before the end of the season, maybe they were putting some feelers out for prospective replacements before they made a decision.

Their league form wasn't great and really tailed off at the end, last 8 games were abysmal.

Sure they have a good replacement lined up, seen some sites mentioning Tuchel who has just left Dortmund.

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
League position of 8th rather masked the points total. They were 16 shy of the team in 7th. However, I think that was only one facet of his dismissal. Living in the area I see a lot of interviews with him. I am not the least bit interested in watching or supporting Saints, but if I was his very heavily accented English would definitely turn me off. Because of that it strikes me that he is incapable of showing any real passion for the club and its fans. He sound exactly the same after a disappointing defeat as he does after a decent win. I would see him as a decent number two somewhere, so that he does not have to take the front seat at Press Conferences.

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
Eighth and a Cup Final isn't good enough for SOUTHAMPTON!!!!!!!!!!

Talk about ambition above your station!

Brussels Bureaucrat

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Jun 16, 2017
Ixelles/The City of Plymouth
Argylegames":2k4nj5fb said:
Eighth and a Cup Final isn't good enough for SOUTHAMPTON!!!!!!!!!!

Talk about ambition above your station!

A Southampton-supporting colleague of mine isn't too disappointed. The football hasn't been great apparently (only 41 goals in 38 games) and they failed to score in any of their last five home games. 8th in the PL sounds impressive, but everyone from 8th down to 18th this season were much of a muchness; only Sunderland and Middlesbrough were truly inept, and they were all a long way off the pace of the top 7.