Messageboard Home  | Fantasy Football  | Predictions  | Club Info  | About P@SOTI   IJN Payments
Until the end of season:

It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 2:55 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Kevin Heaney denies he is out to buy Plymouth Argyle
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:38 am 
It IS true, "according to sources close to the takeover talks".

As a further update I understand Guilfoyle is now back up north whilst the Mastpoint situation continues to be resolved.

One interesting point that Guilfoyle revealed at the Press Conference yesterday and not reported was that he could not understand how the Sir Roy Gardner mortgage for £400,000 was registered as a charge on the freehold of the ground by the Land Registry. There seems to be a lot of focus on the valuation of £7.5m for the freehold dating back to early 2010 and revealed at the AGM.last year particularly as one year later that valuation appears to be closer to £2m or so.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:42 am 

Graham Clark wrote:

As a further update I understand Guilfoyle is now back up north whilst the Mastpoint situation continues to be resolved.

One interesting point that Guilfoyle revealed at the Press Conference yesterday and not reported was that he could not understand how the Sir Roy Gardner mortgage for £400,000 was registered as a charge on the freehold of the ground by the Land Registry. There seems to be a lot of focus on the valuation of £7.5m for the freehold dating back to early 2010 and revealed at the AGM.last year particularly as one year later that valuation appears to be closer to £2m or so.

Why wouldn't it be? Unless registered a charge has no value. It would also need to be registered at Companies House.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:04 am 

Graham Clark wrote:

What an unholy mess will no one rid us of this turbulent knight

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:05 am 
Friend

As I understand it, there is absolutely no necessity to demonstrate value or equity in freehold property before you can register a legal charge against that property. A lender/mortgagee could take the view that given time that property will increase in value such that in future years, that legal charge will attain real value. Registering a charge on a given date, also prevents another interested third party [say a creditor e.g. a new pitch provider] doing the same through the Courts to protect that debtor's interest. Chronology comes into play.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:09 am 

P.L.I.H wrote:
It doesnt make sense, if he was backed by members of Mastpoint, why they two parties were so far apart. Surely for the Maspoint members it would make sense that the way was cleared for a Heaney takeover

I guess it could be because there are so many people involved in Mastpoint...13 or so...its not inconceivable that some werent ready to deal whereas otheres are and moreover are willing to throw their lot in with a Heaney takeover....there was a story about Koichiro Abe buying out Todd and Gardner before the enforced admin...and what of Kevin Rowe.of Easynet fame...Argyle fan and Mastpoint member...could he want in with Heaney

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:15 am 
Friend

Laughter My Ploy wrote:
P.L.I.H wrote:
It doesnt make sense, if he was backed by members of Mastpoint, why they two parties were so far apart. Surely for the Maspoint members it would make sense that the way was cleared for a Heaney takeover

I guess it could be because there are so many people involved in Mastpoint...13 or so...its not inconceivable that some werent ready to deal whereas otheres are and moreover are willing to throw their lot in with a Heaney takeover....there was a story about Koichiro Abe buying out Todd and Gardner before the enforced admin...and what of Kevin Rowe.of Easynet fame...Argyle fan and Mastpoint member...could he want in with Heaney

Whichever you cut it, its a big mess. Personally hope its not Heany, from what I hear in deepest darkest Cornwall, he is not as well off as many would have you believe, I think to save us and take us to the next level as soon as possible we need someone/group who are seriously minted and I think Heany will have bitten off more than he can chew with Argyle.
I know we are not in a position to be picky, but hope we can attract someone else instead

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:19 am 
Admin

Laughter My Ploy wrote:
P.L.I.H wrote:

I guess it could be because there are so many people involved in Mastpoint...13 or so...its not inconceivable that some werent ready to deal whereas otheres are and moreover are willing to throw their lot in with a Heaney takeover....there was a story about Koichiro Abe buying out Todd and Gardner before the enforced admin...and what of *Kevin Rowe.of Easynet fame...Argyle fan and Mastpoint member...could he want in with Heaney

Yep, even though Abe has invested in Mastpoint he is still keen to join up with a new investor and be part of a consortium. He is linked to one of the bidders but not Brent.

*David Rowe.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:30 am 

Not up to speed on this one - are Gardner and Todd coming back as Mastpoint?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:47 am 
Member Sponsor2 Staff

There are a fair number of people involved with the original Mastpoint investment and it's entirely possible that not all of them have Todd and Gardner's capabilities to screw up a football club. I'm not going to gnash my teeth about the possibility of someone from the Mastpoint group continuing to be involved with the club - it'll depend on who they are, what involvement they have etc. It's not Mastpoint that messed things up, it's the previous Board of Directors.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:49 am 
Friend

Ade wrote:
Laughter My Ploy wrote:
P.L.I.H wrote:

Whichever you cut it, its a big mess. Personally hope its not Heany, from what I hear in deepest darkest Cornwall, he is not as well off as many would have you believe, I think to save us and take us to the next level as soon as possible we need someone/group who are seriously minted and I think Heany will have bitten off more than he can chew with Argyle.
I know we are not in a position to be picky, but hope we can attract someone else instead

Exactly. I would be seriously underwhelmed at the thought of KH, or his chosen company name, fronting up a new board of directors. Whilst he lives and attempts to build and property speculate in Cornwall, I would add he was originally from the Home Counties! As they would say up North, 'Truro City is about his barra'.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:15 am 

Help!!! I was feeling down on Saturday and now its getting worse.If these people are the "preferred bidders" God help us! We're being bid for by a group of chancers, speculators and "businessmen" with in some cases a very dubious past. Is this the calibre of the interested parties? The "wee man" in question makes Danny DeVito in the film "Other peoples money" look like Mother Theresa!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:25 am 

bananabusboy wrote:
Help!!! I was feeling down on Saturday and now its getting worse.If these people are the "preferred bidders" God help us! We're being bid for by a group of chancers, speculators and "businessmen" with in some cases a very dubious past. Is this the calibre of the interested parties? The "wee man" in question makes Danny DeVito in the film "Other peoples money" look like Mother Theresa!

Oh dear, and that straight from the locals - frying pan & fire scenario for our little club!!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:27 am 
Member Sponsor Staff

I don't understand why it would be Heaney. He doesn't have the clout and would be out of his depth.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next