Messageboard Home  | Fantasy Football  | Predictions  | Club Info  | About P@SOTI   Auction Payments
New Season ends in:

It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:47 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
 Post subject: Re: Message from James Brent
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:34 pm 
Friend

I'm having flashbacks now - Terry Fleming, Jason Peake, Scott Paterson, Stuart Elliott, Steve Guinan, Sasha Opinel... oh dear oh dear oh dear.

Mind you, that was followed by some of the most fun we've ever had - think Wotton and Coughlan's ongoing contest to see who could boot the most balls out of the most grounds in the bottom division, or singing 'McCarthy's a*se is bigger than this' to the tune of 'My Garden Shed...'

Was football slightly less reprehensible ten years ago, or was I merely younger and less cynical?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:36 pm 

I thought McCarthy did a decent job to be honest, every team at that level needs a battering ram.

For me, Hargreaves, Heathcote, O'Sullivan, McGregor (on a good day), Stonebridge were the better ones.
Belgrave had pace but not much a footballing brain.

Thankfully the dross was gradually sifted out once Sturrock arrived.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:44 pm 
Member Sponsor Staff

Why do the new owners not want to be named...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:50 pm 
Friend

Pafcintheplace wrote:
I thought McCarthy did a decent job to be honest, every team at that level needs a battering ram.

For me, Hargreaves, Heathcote, O'Sullivan, McGregor (on a good day), Stonebridge were the better ones.

Even the early Sturrock period had its share of lemons or risky punts that didn't come off - Opinel, Stuart Elliott, Sean Evers, Michael Meaker, Stuart Malcolm, Eugene Kangalungu etc etc... and a couple of journeymen like Heaney and Banger that came in and did a job.

I wonder who we'll end up with, next season. These days there seems to be a lot more emphasis on picking up cast-offs from academies of bigger clubs rather than signing experienced pros like Graham Coughlan or Mick Heathcote to be the bedrock of the side.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:50 pm 
Staff

matteh. wrote:
Sparksy:

Quote:
To all those asking about tomorrow's announcement re:#pafc. There is an embargo until the morning, but yes, it will be very positive news.

At last !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:01 pm 

bring him on! :grin:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:46 pm 

Salty keyboard

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:53 pm 

Drew_Savage wrote:
Pafcintheplace wrote:

Even the early Sturrock period had its share of lemons or risky punts that didn't come off - Opinel, Stuart Elliott, Sean Evers, Michael Meaker, Stuart Malcolm, Eugene Kangalungu etc etc... and a couple of journeymen like Heaney and Banger that came in and did a job.

I wonder who we'll end up with, next season. These days there seems to be a lot more emphasis on picking up cast-offs from academies of bigger clubs rather than signing experienced pros like Graham Coughlan or Mick Heathcote to be the bedrock of the side.

Agree Drew, personally I thought Stuart Elliott was one of, if not the worst player to ever put on a green shirt. Rather sensibly Luggy tended to get players in he wasn't sure about on short term contracts. Dropped a bollock with the 3 year deal for Evers though.
Assembled a Championship winning team in a matter of months, he had to make sure he had a real good look at the player before making a committment.
Remember being a bit gutted he didn't take Nicky Banger on a long-term deal especially after his equaliser at Oxford.. but ended up getting an even better player in in Marino Keith.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:17 pm 

Pafcintheplace wrote:
Salty keyboard

Throw some over your shoulder...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:20 pm 

Pafcintheplace wrote:
Drew_Savage wrote:
Pafcintheplace wrote:

Agree Drew, personally I thought Stuart Elliott was one of, if not the worst player to ever put on a green shirt. Rather sensibly Luggy tended to get players in he wasn't sure about on short term contracts. Dropped a bollock with the 3 year deal for Evers though.
Assembled a Championship winning team in a matter of months, he had to make sure he had a real good look at the player before making a committment.
Remember being a bit gutted he didn't take Nicky Banger on a long-term deal especially after his equaliser at Oxford.. but ended up getting an even better player in in Marino Keith.

I'll see your Stuart Elliott .. and raise you a Mark Quamina or a Morrys Scott...

Kemps era was the worst by far.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:20 pm 

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:21 pm 
Staff

BBC's Matt Slater:
Quote:
Argyle fans, some good(ish) news at last. Check out BBC, club + other sites at midnight for details #pafc #bbcfootball

Good(ish)? :shock:

That's better than bad, at least. :)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:26 pm 

Come onnnnn...please be good news and let's have something positive at last!

Janners ,Janners, Janners,Janners,Janners...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8