Favourite Argyle Shirt ? | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Favourite Argyle Shirt ?

Mar 27, 2013
BIDEFORD NORTH DEVON
Plymouth Argyle Facebook & Twitter pages are asking supporters to post there favourite Argyle shirt and why - For The Pilgrim Matchday programme

Great discussion going on and some really classic shirts being posted

Can't beat The Umbro Green Home Shirt from 1987 sponsored by Sunday Independent is my favourite

Any more favourites out there ? :thumbs:

Mark Colling

♣️ PASTA Member
Sep 23, 2003
Brizzle
www.groupspaces.com
A green one; none of this stripey rubbish

They're all here

Personal favourites:

- 1980-82 - my first shirt and the last green one without a sponsor. What were they thinking in 82/3?

Actually, that's it. The others are all attached to memories of the team rather than the kit.

Feb 28, 2010
Mannamead
I like the stripes, and in particular the green/black stripes as worn by Mariner, Rafferty.

But I also like the green and white stripes if we reverted back to true argyle green, and with white shorts and green/black hoop socks

I appreciate stripes are not everyone's cup of tea, so why not go back to a kit which seems to have been worn over a number of our earlier years and combines all 3 colours
Green (real ARGYLE emerald green) shirt with black trim
White shorts
Black socks

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Mark_Colling":i2lkq0zl said:
- 1980-82 - my first shirt and the last green one without a sponsor. What were they thinking in 82/3?

Actually, that's it. The others are all attached to memories of the team rather than the kit.

Nice innit? :greensmile:

Feb 28, 2010
Mannamead
Ian
That is a great shirt (worn by the team including David Kemp?
This is the TRUE ARGYLE GREEN for me

Does anyone know if the trust are asking the club to finally consider debating the right shade of green to use in the kits? I know the green argument is well argued her but surely the club should take some responsibility and give us a proper vote

Aug 30, 2006
Sheffield
Top kits have got to be any from 1968 to 1974. Mike Bickle & Norman Piper in the classic hoops, Derek Rickard & Jimmy Hinch in the 'Hibs' kit Mariner& Rafferty in the green& white/ green& black stripes. I even have a soft spot for John Delve in the all white with green and black trim. Great days!

Mark Colling

♣️ PASTA Member
Sep 23, 2003
Brizzle
www.groupspaces.com
Mark_Colling":2gr9ebi1 said:

They're all here

Personal favourites:

Funny, how you wee some shirts and think of particular players:

80-82 - Kemp
83-87 - Nisbet/Coughlin
87-89 - Tynan/Summerfield
90-92 - Regis, Fiore, Quamina etc
92-94 - Castle
95-96 - Mauge
96-98 - Barlow
98-99 - McCall
01-03 - Trigger
03-05 - Coughlan
07-09 - Halmosi

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
keepthefaith70":21rgej8z said:
Ian
That is a great shirt (worn by the team including David Kemp?
This is the TRUE ARGYLE GREEN for me

Does anyone know if the trust are asking the club to finally consider debating the right shade of green to use in the kits? I know the green argument is well argued her but surely the club should take some responsibility and give us a proper vote

I've been chipping away for ages mate but I reckon there's no chance of the proper green coming back. 'Branding' has won the day it seems.

In the favour of BRG it has been pointed out to me on more than one occasion that the original kits, back at the very start of our marvellous club were a far darker green than what we wax lyrical about.

That point does make me shout less loudly these days I must admit.

Plus of course the Democratic Poll of PASOTI did (just) swing in favour of the Removed by Site Admin.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Mark_Colling":dkskcjga said:
Mark_Colling":dkskcjga said:

They're all here

Personal favourites:

Funny, how you wee some shirts and think of particular players:

80-82 - Kemp
83-87 - Nisbet/Coughlin
87-89 - Tynan/Summerfield
90-92 - Regis, Fiore, Quamina etc
92-94 - Castle
95-96 - Mauge
96-98 - Barlow
98-99 - McCall
01-03 - Trigger
03-05 - Coughlan
07-09 - Halmosi

:oops: Well I find it quite exciting but .....!! :oops:

No I love the classic banded shirt (esp the green) as that was when I started going full time (when not being kicked on North Down or Lane End!)

Also like the 'classic' shirt that IJN just posted. Nice clean lines, simple, 'good' green .. what's not to like? :thumbs: :thumbs:

Jun 1, 2015
Pett, East Sussex
The mid 80's for me. Watching Tynan, Summerfield, Nisbet, Crudgie, Hodges et al. I got hooked on green then.
I would quite like the club to do a retro green shirt for a season or 2.