Sheridan has (allegedly) lost the dressing room. | Page 9 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Sheridan has (allegedly) lost the dressing room.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
DemportRich":3oypxio7 said:
I think it's the facts that are the problem, there has only been marginal improvement this season. Our league position is better due to the league being closer. There is no indication of significant improvement this season. As I keep saying the devil is in the detail. My comparison with John Ward was that he made huge improvements to Rovers last season but he gets sacked this year, my argument is there is little reason to believe things will be better next year.

The one huge improvement this season was at no time were we worried about relegation and after 5 years of looking down we were finally able to look up and after looking up we wanted more, fuelled by briefly reaching the top seven.

Aug 5, 2005
Bristol Rich":1cq26ktj said:
I think it's the facts that are the problem, there has only been marginal improvement this season. Our league position is better due to the league being closer. There is no indication of significant improvement this season. As I keep saying the devil is in the detail. My comparison with John Ward was that he made huge improvements to Rovers last season but he gets sacked this year, my argument is there is little reason to believe things will be better next year.

Could you explain (hopefully with pie charts) how 10th is a marginal improvement on 21st?

May 1, 2011
Quizmike":3reqwhlj said:
Bristol Rich":3reqwhlj said:

Could you explain (hopefully with pie charts) how 10th is a marginal improvement on 21st?

With pleasure Quizmike, I'll do it slowly as well as I'm not sure you're too bright :wave:

We are 6 points better off than last season in a very poor league where the manager has been allowed to make several signings and he has a larger than average squad for this league. Do you think that 6 extra points have been a massive improvement or do you need a pie chart? :whistle: I'll explain it just one more time so read carefully and think slowly, Sheridan has made slight improvements but it's not the massive strides that you would have us believe!

May 1, 2011
PL2 3DQ":2lwh442c said:
DemportRich":2lwh442c said:

The one huge improvement this season was at no time were we worried about relegation and after 5 years of looking down we were finally able to look up and after looking up we wanted more, fuelled by briefly reaching the top seven.

I believe the league has come closer together coupled with Argyle being slightly better, (as in 6 points better), but don't let the facts get in the way! :funny:

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Bristol Rich":19irwzkv said:
PL2 3DQ":19irwzkv said:
DemportRich":19irwzkv said:

I believe the league has come closer together coupled with Argyle being slightly better, (as in 6 points better), but don't let the facts get in the way! :funny:

1: You believing something isn't a fact. ;)
2: The season hasn't finished and there are still 6 points to play for, so we could be 12 points better off than last season. We'll see.

May 1, 2011
PL2 3DQ":2t7hlwr3 said:
Bristol Rich":2t7hlwr3 said:
PL2 3DQ":2t7hlwr3 said:
DemportRich":2t7hlwr3 said:

1: You believing something isn't a fact. ;)
2: The season hasn't finished and there are still 6 points to play for, so we could be 12 points better off than last season. We'll see.

True we could be 12 points better off than last season and let's hope we are, but at the moment the fact is we are only 6 points better off.

Interestingly I believe (not a fact I know) Sheridan knows he has missed a big opportunity this season.

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
Not sure why the emphasis seems to be comparing last season totally with this season. The comparison should be between Sheridan's almost half season in charge last season and this season, forget what happened under Fletcher and where we were before that. The fact is that Sheridan's points per game over a full season is WORSE than it was for the 19 games he was in charge last season. With being able to assess the staff, get rid of some he didn't feel were up to it, to recruit others he felt would improve the team and have the benefit of a full pre season to get across his ideas and tactics, the opportunity to use the loan market and January window to further improve the team I would ask how the hell has there been any improvement, slight or otherwise to the team that finished last season, not the team that started it?

May 1, 2011
jerryatricjanner":1100ghhk said:
Not sure why the emphasis seems to be comparing last season totally with this season. The comparison should be between Sheridan's almost half season in charge last season and this season, forget what happened under Fletcher and where we were before that. The fact is that Sheridan's points per game over a full season is WORSE than it was for the 19 games he was in charge last season. With being able to assess the staff, get rid of some he didn't feel were up to it, to recruit others he felt would improve the team and have the benefit of a full pre season to get across his ideas and tactics, the opportunity to use the loan market and January window to further improve the team I would ask how the hell has there been any improvement, slight or otherwise to the team that finished last season, not the team that started it?

Interesting point, again the devil is on the detail, improvements if any have been marginal at best.

B

Big Ears

Completely agree.
So next season looks as though we will be in exactly the same position as we were at the start of this one.

Why then, will we be better?

Aug 5, 2005
Bristol Rich":3fk6wewq said:
Quizmike":3fk6wewq said:
Bristol Rich":3fk6wewq said:

With pleasure Quizmike, I'll do it slowly as well as I'm not sure you're too bright :wave:

We are 6 points better off than last season in a very poor league where the manager has been allowed to make several signings and he has a larger than average squad for this league. Do you think that 6 extra points have been a massive improvement or do you need a pie chart? :whistle: I'll explain it just one more time so read carefully and think slowly, Sheridan has made slight improvements but it's not the massive strides that you would have us believe!

Oh.

Someone who can't make a valid comment without resulting to insults about someone's intelligence. How clever of you.

Obviously you are more interested in trolling than football.

May 1, 2011
Quizmike":1u1viouk said:
Bristol Rich":1u1viouk said:
Quizmike":1u1viouk said:
Bristol Rich":1u1viouk said:

Oh.

Someone who can't make a valid comment without resulting to insults about someone's intelligence. How clever of you.

Obviously you are more interested in trolling than football.

Pie Charts :thumbs:

And yes I have trolled today in order to make my point, in response to your comment on my insulting of your intelligence.

However I have found this quote from your recently, which could be deemed insulting.

'The idiocy of some of our "supporters" knows no bounds'

I rest my case m'lord.

Jun 26, 2006
We currently sit 9th with 6 points more than last season . We could finish the season anywhere between 8th and 16th with between 6 and 12 points more than last season .
So an improvement albeit a small one .
Some of you may not have been "worried at any time about relegation " but after Newport at home I definitely was .
Our younger players are now more experienced and hopefully stronger players than they were this time last year .
We should be starting the next season( indeed every season ) expecting to win the league , to go unbeaten at home , to get to the third round of the FAcup etc etc. If we don't we will undoubtedly fall short of our realistic expectations .
If I was a schoolteacher i think the end of year report may well read - Tried hard but could do much better .

Aug 11, 2013
fishypilgrim":283pmek2 said:
If I was a schoolteacher i think the end of year report may well read - Tried hard but could do much better .

Mine would be:

"John certainly has a long way to go if he is to make progress in this subject."