Gregg Wylde keen to stay for the long term | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Gregg Wylde keen to stay for the long term

Jun 11, 2012
Although extremely inconsistent, I'd be content to take him on again next year. Not many players nowadays offer genuine pace and width. He's a good impact player at the very least.

Bubba

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 26, 2006
He wasn't at his best yesterday but nor were any of his team mates.

I like his passion and attitude, always applauds the fans after a game. He also has the ability to get us up the pitch quickly which in L2 is a huge impact. He was also unlucky a few months ago to be dropped when playing well to accommodate Carey coming back so would welcome him to stay.

C

Cult Of Personality

Wylde is annoying player to watch but on his day he can rip defences to pieces .. I hope he stays

Jun 24, 2011
I know he was wasteful yesterday - but he was the only player when they were on the ball I thought something might actually happen. OK often it was over-hitting a cross or running out of play altogether but still...... at least it seemed like he was having go.

Jun 8, 2014
Happy to keep him so long as someone can teach him to RUN DOWN THE BLOODY LINE! Stop cutting inside ffs. Wasting a potentially important asset by playing him tactically in the way we do.

May 19, 2016
Wimbledon knew he was a danger and every time he got the ball he was closed down and as a result he had to go close to the byline to get the space to cross and inevitably the crosses were hurried . What DA doesn't do is take advantage of the fact that very often Gregg occupies two defenders, potentially leaving another man up front with space but if we're only playing one up front we can't press home this numerical advantage.

I'm all for keeping Wylde but would like him to cut inside more and shoot. He's got a terrific shot but we rarely see it.

May 26, 2006
South Devon
He can be very frustrating to watch. On his day, he's excellent but far too inconsistent. I realise this is pretty irrelevant but I'd rather have Allessandra over Wylde!

Mar 14, 2009
Personally, l remember a spell around January (l think) and l thought he finally found his form.

Yesterday he wasted too many crossing opportunities. There was one delightful cross mid-way in the first half which nearly got onto matt's head but for a great Wimbledon clearance.

He is there to provide pace to the counter attack, but more importantly to cross the ball. He has delivered some great moments but has sustained his form enough throughout the whole season.

If we are going to the next level we need more. Sounds harsh but that's the reality concerning many of the players we are deciding to keep or release.

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
I think a player of his ilk and what he offers in the way of alternatives is an important part of the squad and I hope he stays. On a non playing level I saw him interviewed as man of the match after a home game in the business lounge and he was very personable and a credit to himself and his profession.