Virus Warnings (not PASOTI's end). **Update** | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Virus Warnings (not PASOTI's end). **Update**

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I've asked the techies to have a look.

Thanks for the feedback as always.

Adam

Pasoti Designer
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 5, 2010
Hi all,

I don't have a Android phone but a friend does who also experienced something similar to this has a couple of suggestions on how to sort it out.

1. Delete your browsing history, the issue may lie within a dodgy Adsense Advert but the root may still be within your History, so clear your browsing history.

2. My friend also said that he only experienced this when using Chrome on his phone. He downloaded a different web browser and didn't have the same issue.

If you haven't already it's worth trying the two suggestions above- I don't have an Android phone so I can't explain how to do it but there are many guides online that can help.

B

Baby Face Johnson

Adam Dyer":2cextafw said:
Hi all,

I don't have a Android phone but a friend does who also experienced something similar to this has a couple of suggestions on how to sort it out.

1. Delete your browsing history, the issue may lie within a dodgy Adsense Advert but the root may still be within your History, so clear your browsing history.

2. My friend also said that he only experienced this when using Chrome on his phone. He downloaded a different web browser and didn't have the same issue.

If you haven't already it's worth trying the two suggestions above- I don't have an Android phone so I can't explain how to do it but there are many guides online that can help.

Worth trying but it may only be triggered by a specific advert that may only appear once in a blue moon. I did an Avast Scan of the phone which was clear, so you are probably fine as long as you don't click on anything!

P

Paul

It was happening to me too a couple of days ago but appears to have stopped yesterday and today.

Feb 23, 2008
Read something a few weeks ago about Android devices being vulnerable to some sort of root virus, there was a scanner on the link that you could scan your phone and check if it was affected.

Maybe this is the cause?

My phone had a software update this morning and since then it's been fine.

B

Baby Face Johnson

chunkymonkey78":3p4z65vr said:
Read something a few weeks ago about Android devices being vulnerable to some sort of root virus, there was a scanner on the link that you could scan your phone and check if it was affected.

Maybe this is the cause?

My phone had a software update this morning and since then it's been fine.

Yes, it does all seem to be Android/Chrome based at the moment. Never had anything on PC or iPad in fairness.

Aug 5, 2005
Has this last night on Android. Could only stop it from coming up by disconnecting from wi-fi and reconnecting

Jun 1, 2015
Pett, East Sussex
I believe it's coming through ad sense off google. It's happened on other sites I use like ForexLive on my laptop. Pain in the botty bot. Had no problems on PASOTI though. That's what I've heard on the jungle drums btw.

Ponty

English and proud of it
Staff member
R.I.P
Sep 27, 2006
Plymouth
I had it to last evening on Samsung S7, seem to have cleared itself overnight.