Banter with away goalies | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Banter with away goalies

N

newquaygreen

I remeber the Bristol City GK, must be 5/6 seasons ago, really eccentric!

ping g5

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Dec 20, 2005
i remember many moons ago (somewhere between the 85-87 if wikipaedia is to be belived) Mark Wallington was in goal for Derby.

'Wally... what's yer missus doing while you're here?' he just turned around and shrugged.

Don't get characters like that anymore.

German Shepherd

🚑 Steve Hooper
Oct 2, 2009
Fulwood Lancs
Orient away 84/85 ? on a Tuesday evening. Argyle 3-0 down & truly awful. We had Les Sealey in goal (on loan from Luton ?). Argyle had a goal kick, I was standing behind the goal. Sealey trudged back to take the goal kick & said to me. 'What the f*** am I doing here ?'
You can't beat Flinders when at Hartlepool for the best keeper to have a laugh with.

Ted

Dec 8, 2003
Nottingham
nick_PASTIE":25f1jcnd said:
I remember Alan Julian getting some fair stick, I think it was at Griffin Park- it was mainly around high pitched calling of his surname. I remember it because it visibly really affected his performance (for the worse) and you don't see that much!

I remember this game - very amusing. Think we put three past him!!

May 4, 2015
Old demport used to have some characters. "Hog" used to do his weekly belch and receive a round of applause, there used to be a guy who resembled the wealdstone raider who used to go absolutely bezerk.

I remember him throwing a load of leeks at the Cardiff goalie one season in the 90's.

The Fulham keeper (Jim Stannard) always got a load of abuse, as did Roger Freestone at Swansea due to their weight.

Goalmouth used to be covered in ticker tape and til roll's as well, that seems to have died off - I guess health and safety dictates

Apr 30, 2011
Jose446":3goklapb said:
Old demport used to have some characters. "Hog" used to do his weekly belch and receive a round of applause, there used to be a guy who resembled the wealdstone raider who used to go absolutely bezerk.

I remember him throwing a load of leeks at the Cardiff goalie one season in the 90's.

The Fulham keeper (Jim Stannard) always got a load of abuse, as did Roger Freestone at Swansea due to their weight.

Goalmouth used to be covered in ticker tape and til roll's as well, that seems to have died off - I guess health and safety dictates

Was Hog the guy with a bif bushy beard and a rat tail under his cap? Always started the 'greeeeeen arrrrrrmmyyyy' chants?

Oct 31, 2015
Dont remember too much banter of late with GKs but Akinfenwa is always good for a giggle and so was Dean Windass. I suppose they were happy to have a laugh as they always bloody scored against us.

May 4, 2015
Penmaster":1tambn8c said:
Jose446":1tambn8c said:

Was Hog the guy with a bif bushy beard and a rat tail under his cap? Always started the 'greeeeeen arrrrrrmmyyyy' chants?

That's him does he still go?

Apr 30, 2011
Jose446":2xuobbgt said:
Penmaster":2xuobbgt said:
Jose446":2xuobbgt said:

That's him does he still go?

Not sure - I don't go in Demport any more but if he was I'd imagine he would be quite noticeable. I imagine he would be aged in his 60's now.

John Cooper

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
Brickfields Donor
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Feb 20, 2011
Peverell
I'll always remember being in demport, giving Ashley Bayes the 'bird' when he played for orient, not long after he left excretia?