Saturday Match Thread | Page 6 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Saturday Match Thread

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Carlisle in total freefall. Not even in play off spots now and haven't scored for weeks.

Exeter finish with Doncaster away then Carlisle home - sure last day will be very tense for the clubs after play off spots.

chave

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Mar 15, 2017
Pompey fan here, just back from the match. Huge win for us, especially with the results around us. We played pretty poor without Burgess at the back, and when they pulled one back you could see the nerves set in, but we ground out the sort of result we wouldn't have a year ago.

Looking more and more like the top three will go up, and I certainly don't think you'll be caught by any of the chasing pack.

Number one thing I won't miss next season: Newport.

AdelaideGreen

🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺
Jan 11, 2017
Not a bad set of results!

Clearly our future is in our own hands, so .. let's make sure we don't waste it!

COYG

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
That's a fine set of results. It's far more important for us that the teams below 3rd place dropped points than that Portsmouth didn't.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
What the hell is going on at Carlisle?
At the end of February they were in third place and four points clear of fourth, now they are outside the play-offs and haven't scored in seven games.

Keith Curle has said there are forces at the club working against him and with players getting sent off, not scoring and losing games it does look like the players are throwing games.

Feb 2, 2007
PL2 3DQ":24f3f29d said:
At the end of February they were in third place and four points clear of fourth, now they are outside the play-offs and haven't scored in seven games.

Keith Curle has said there are forces at the club working against him and with players getting sent off, not scoring and losing games it does look like the players are throwing games.

Makes our last year implosion look like a minor blip. Sad for them as I would like to see them and Curle get success but selling Wyke was probably the catalyst for their free fall.

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
nick_PASTIE":uisy8yuj said:
PL2 3DQ":uisy8yuj said:

Makes our last year implosion look like a minor blip. Sad for them as I would like to see them and Curle get success but selling Wyke was probably the catalyst for their free fall.

I agree Mr Pastie. Wyke has made a huge difference.

May 8, 2011
Luton play Blackpool next week, almost a must win game for both of them as the loser will be just fighting to stay in the playoffs.
There are about 10 teams after the 4 playoff places, the pressure must really be on those teams as it is so tight that one bad result could scupper their chances.
Mansfield 6 games in April are all against other teams in the top ten so their form could have a big say in how the final table looks.

Aug 15, 2008
tomorrow is a free game now. DA should be taking all pressure off the players. We could see Argyle at our best tomorrow

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
PL2 3DQ":17vuoslq said:

I sensed trouble when he subbed that player off in the first half at Home Park, for seemingly no reason. The chap didn't look happy at all.

Last time i sensed that disconnect between manager and players was Terry Butcher at Newport when the team were visibly ignoring him.