Brief synopsis (Col Utd) | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Brief synopsis (Col Utd)

Voice of Reason

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 30, 2004
I am beginning to wonder if i went to a different game today.

It was a solid performance against a side busting a gut with an excellent home record. The plan was to keep it tight (as we often choose to do) and be more attacking as the game wore on. Both sides lacked a cutting edge in the first half with neither keeper having to make a real save, although Porter should have done much better from 8 yards heading wide. Against two decent wide men i thought both full backs done ok. If i had to point the finger at any one in the first half it would have been GC who was too wasteful.

The last 10-15 minutes of the game it was like watching Basketball, we ended up playing 4-2-4, Carey firing inches wide, just before Porter did exactly the some thing at the other end. Both sides tried to win the game just lacking composure in the final third.

Great support, the team who had every excuse to turn in a half hearted display, they didn't do they and ran themselves to a standstill trying to win it. Colchester were bright and had 2-3 really decent players, they could yet sneak into the play offs with two winnable games to come.

Fox and Sokolik for me the standout players, Taylor picked up an injury at the start of the 2nd half and i was stunned he finished the game. Normally a big fan of Jake Jervis, but he had a disappointing day. We still have a chance of title glory and hopefully Kennedy back who even when he has one of his frustrating days gives us a better balance.

Forest of Dean Green

✅ Evergreen
Mar 5, 2009
Gloucestershire
IJN":1bl0r7um said:
In defence of UTL, we once had an idiot called Tring Green, he never attended, never intended to and yet he came on here and wound people up. He was banned (quite rightly) as a Troll.

UTL goes to matches, I often see him and his Dad, and it's only right that he can say what he says of the game.

He might be a miserable sod (to some of us) but he has to say it as he sees it. It's only fair and this site is more balanced than any other I have ever seen.

On the final sentence... I often browse around other club forums to see what's what. It is often a sobering experience. In fact, often quite staggering in what is permitted. There is a general geniality on Pasoti and a sense of even handedness but general decency that is quite absent from most. And the site that shall not speak it's name is an example of that. Pasoti is generally evidence that sense can prevail amongst the rabid mitherings of most football fan forums. UTLs occasional melancholy is part of the fabric and is nowt compared to some of the nonsense out there.

Aug 7, 2005
Paignton
I wasn't at the game but given Colchester are chasing a play off spot and have a very good home record I'm delighted with a point. It means if we can win on Saturday we may end the day in top spot.

At this stage of the game I believe Adams will have a points target and would have seen this as one to dig in and get the one and hopefully nick the three.

Lancastergreen

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Jan 12, 2017
Plymouth
Cobi Budge":28n29y8w said:
Promoted with 3 games to go and now in with a shot at the title, not enough for some people though, no idea what they expect.

Maybe expecting you to stop giving crap scores

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Nothing against Colchester as a club but agree with what some people are saying about the ground, had a good day out but it wasn't made easy, a real trek from the train station to the pub, and then another real trek from the pub to the ground (taxis had a 2 hour wait and the buses were full), and then as for the stadium itself, a soulless pop up lego ground in the middle of nowhere, huge gaps in the corners which makes creating an atmosphere difficult. Not one I'll miss next season assuming they don't come up. Much preferred their old ground Layer Road.

P

Peter

I really must remember to log in and not read this site as a guest! Has reminded me why I blocked certain users.

LeonTheGreen":1y1au95n said:
saffronwalden green":1y1au95n said:
Biggs":1y1au95n said:
I really, really didn't like the stadium, I'm afraid. Is it possible for a football stadium to have less character than that? And to be that far away from the actual town it represents is a real shame.

Also hard to create an atmosphere with the open corners. Give me an away day at Wimbledon or Luton any day.
They do at least have four new sides to their stadium, and compared to Accrington Stanley is an absolute palace. Home Park is hardly in the middle of Plymouth.

I can only assume that if you live in Plymouth you live in Staddiscombe.
No, Saffron Walden, but I used to live in Plymouth and a visit to Home Park was a trek despite it being in Central park.

Feb 2, 2007
Forest of Dean Green":2qff6829 said:
IJN":2qff6829 said:
In defence of UTL, we once had an idiot called Tring Green, he never attended, never intended to and yet he came on here and wound people up. He was banned (quite rightly) as a Troll.

UTL goes to matches, I often see him and his Dad, and it's only right that he can say what he says of the game.

He might be a miserable sod (to some of us) but he has to say it as he sees it. It's only fair and this site is more balanced than any other I have ever seen.

On the final sentence... I often browse around other club forums to see what's what. It is often a sobering experience. In fact, often quite staggering in what is permitted. There is a general geniality on Pasoti and a sense of even handedness but general decency that is quite absent from most. And the site that shall not speak it's name is an example of that. Pasoti is generally evidence that sense can prevail amongst the rabid mitherings of most football fan forums. UTLs occasional melancholy is part of the fabric and is nowt compared to some of the nonsense out there.

Very good point Forest! Just had a look at Swindon's "the Town End" where the language and liberal use of the C word in particular is cringeworthy. I know they have just been relegated to L2 :funny: but there is a particularly low level of "debate".

Sep 25, 2010
Good point yesterday, against not a bad side. Pushing for the play-offs.

Never seen us give the ball away so much, and the final ball was poor at times.

One point, how can anybody say Sarcevic is a bad player, thought him and Fox were excellent yesterday. Carey had an off day, Sawyer and Threlkeld were also very good.

Martyn":2hd30u44 said:
Good point yesterday, against not a bad side. Pushing for the play-offs.

Never seen us give the ball away so much, and the final ball was poor at times.

One point, how can anybody say Sarcevic is a bad player, thought him and Fox were excellent yesterday. Carey had an off day, Sawyer and Threlkeld were also very good.
Threlkeld never stopped running, he was everywhere.

German Shepherd

🚑 Steve Hooper
Oct 2, 2009
Fulwood Lancs
I must have gone to a Colchester ground in a parallel universe compared to some other people in this thread; because I thought Argyle's passing was poor, giving the ball away far too regularly. If Colchester had a decent striker & a bit of composure for their final ball they would have mullered Argyle. Once again I have walked out of the ground being totally underwhelmed by their performance wondering how the hell they are so high up in the league. Credit to Sarcevic, I thought he was going to be a Fancy Dan type of player but he really gets stuck in & works hard for the team.
Don't get me wrong, I've been watching Argyle now for 45 years, & so appreciate these seasons come round very rarely. What Adams & the team have achieved this season is fantastic following play-off final failure; but this doesn't stop me from being totally underwhelmed by the majority of the performances I have seen this season compared to other promotion winning years.

Completely agree with German Shepherd and actually UTL.
If you had to give points to what I would really like from an Argyle game it would be as follows:
1/ Argyle to win playing like Brazil - 100%
2/ Argyle to win playing ok and getting me off my seat a number of times- 75%
3/ Argyle to win playing like we have most of the season - ie sitting back, keeping shape and hoping to nick it- 50%
4/ Argyle to lose - 0%
Option 3 is clearly way better than option 4 but it doesn't stop me feeling a bit flat at the end of the day that we can't achieve at least option 2!
Most of the time we've been like a boxer in defensive mode with his gloves up around his face being pummelled. Not a pretty sight and one that is draining if you have to watch it all the time.
So , I'm as chuffed as anyone about our promotion and acknowledge the guts and determination of the team; but please can we have better next season.

lipsonlad67

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 17, 2016
Deepest Lincolnshire
Threlkeld was my man of the match yesterday followed closely by Sarcevic, they gave a real energy to the side. They weren't the only ones either, there was no let up in effort from Argyle. It was there for the taking for both sides, just needed a bit more composure, that extra bit of quality. Neither side mustered it, Porter for them missed two easy chances.
Overall an entertaining 0-0, the views from the away end were very good but the rest of the Weston Homes ground experience was soulless, much preferred the old Layer Road, despite all of its quirks.
The Green Army were in fine voice, which is more than can be said for the home supporters, who had so much to play for. Struggling to believe that the attendance was actually over 5000 as there hardly seemed to be any Colchester there.

Oh well, still all to play for going into the last two games.

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
Peter":2yt753c2 said:
I really must remember to log in and not read this site as a guest! Has reminded me why I blocked certain users.

You need to check the 'log in automatically each visit' box on the login page Peter :)

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Forest of Dean Green":1e076a3s said:
IJN":1e076a3s said:

Completely agree. I was trying to find a decent Birmingham forum the other day, to have an entertaining look at the Zola reaction. Next to impossible, they're rubbish.

In Greens on Screen and Pasoti, we have absolute gems. And i know several fans of other clubs who browse this site on a regular basis.