Grandstand Update | Page 12 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Grandstand Update

Do you like the stage 1 plans for the grandstand?

• Yes

Votes: 206 77.2%
  • No

Votes: 36 13.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 25 9.4%

• Total voters

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
davie nine":1hnat3ju said:
Plans to view over this weekend per JB.

I cannot wait to see them.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Plans will show:

• the general layout of the refurbished and extended grandstand;
• locations and proposed sizes of new ancillary buildings, including the players’ dressing-room, club shop and bars;
• sections through the building, showing how the works will affect the existing structure and extend it to provide greatly improved facilities;
• rendered computer-generated images, giving a snapshot of what the buildings will look like when complete;
• future stages of the project which will eventually see the capacity to more than 20,000.

http://www.pafc.co.uk/news/article/2016 ... OOlyJCq.99

The future stages bit sounds interesting :thumbs:. I wonder if that means the initial build won't be 20,000, or that the future build will take it from 20,000 to something more... :eh:

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Biggs":294yh1ml said:
Plans will show:

• the general layout of the refurbished and extended grandstand;
• locations and proposed sizes of new ancillary buildings, including the players’ dressing-room, club shop and bars;
• sections through the building, showing how the works will affect the existing structure and extend it to provide greatly improved facilities;
• rendered computer-generated images, giving a snapshot of what the buildings will look like when complete;
• future stages of the project which will eventually see the capacity to more than 20,000.

http://www.pafc.co.uk/news/article/2016 ... OOlyJCq.99

The future stages bit sounds interesting :thumbs:. I wonder if that means the initial build won't be 20,000, or that the future build will take it from 20,000 to something more... :eh:

Extended Grandstand? Guess this means at the back for conference facilities as opposed to width wise.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
I would like to see 'something' in that big corner between the Grandstand and BPE.

Another big mural? Video screen? Advertisements?

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
I like the way the club has linked the grandstand display with the Heritage Exhibition which should help attract more fans to each event, especially as it's a weekend when people have free time.
I suppose once the grandstand plans are on display at Home Park they will also be published on the club website.

zakbrown96

✅ Evergreen
Mar 22, 2013
Biggs":2zoez6i9 said:
I would like to see 'something' in that big corner between the Grandstand and BPE.

Another big mural? Video screen? Advertisements?

Out of curiosity what is the house in between the barn park end and the mayflower actually used for?

Aug 7, 2005
Paignton
Sounds like an initial development with an additional phase to increase capacity if needed. Presumably this means no corners for now but I have no problem with that personally. It would be a relatively non intrusive additional bit of work if needed in the future.

Can't wait to see the plans

Oct 24, 2010
Is there any indication of the capacity when the initial refurbishment is complete. It would appear it will be less than the promised 20,000 which is disappointing.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
esmer":25c8d0ut said:
Is there any indication of the capacity when the initial refurbishment is complete. It would appear it will be less than the promised 20,000 which is disappointing.

I'm sure we'll find out tomorrow. And I'm not sure we were promised 20k, it was certainly mentioned and implied.

Regardless, it's going to be roughly 20k purely by virtue of the fact that it was over 20k when it was last fully seated.

I hope the wording of the article means that it will be c20k initially, then a future phase would take it to 'more than 20k'.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
esmer":1km9h5kj said:

The aim is 400 covers ;)

Apr 25, 2006
Cornwall
esmer":2594v6r3 said:

Where was that promised?