New Grandstand - 2 day public consultation | Page 10 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

New Grandstand - 2 day public consultation

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
The Grumpy Loyal":2cqmkhab said:
PL2 3DQ":2cqmkhab said:
The Grumpy Loyal":2cqmkhab said:
I did wonder how long before the "but he saved us" line would be trotted out. :clap: :scarf:

How come you never talk about football and yet when James Brent is mentioned you can't stop posting!

I've explained many many times my reasons for being a Brent sceptic.

With these latest commercial plans that benefit nobody at all financially other than Mr and Mrs Brent, James is doing a perfect job of showing just why I was sceptical of his motives at the outset.

But primarily Pasoti is a football website so if you only use it to criticise James Brent then it looks like a personal issue and you become a one trick pony and any good points or concerns you raise will be missed or overlooked because it's just you moaning about JB again.

Aug 24, 2014
Plymouth
PL2 3DQ":3h408dg8 said:
The new development with the hotel and restaurants will be ideal for away fans, especially those with families, and exiled Argyle fans coming down for a game.

An overnight stay in the hotel with an evening meal, swimming or ice skating on Saturday morning followed by an Argyle game.

Depends on cost of stay compared to other close by hotels.

Feb 25, 2008
Crownhill
Chortle":3rue780i said:
vibratingspider":3rue780i said:
The Grumpy Loyal":3rue780i said:
davie nine":3rue780i said:
Are you all suggesting that JB has 'pulled a fast one' on Simon Hallett?

I think SH must be in full agreement with these additional developments.

The only link any of this has with Hallett, is that Brent is trying to lump all his private development in on a joint planning application. All the separate gumph is a private venture of good old James.

If the Grandstand plan is delayed or quashed because of Brent's other interests, then their relationship will certainly get interesting.

Quite refreshing that at long last eyes are being opened though as to Brent's true motives for ever getting involved with Us.

Blimey, you're living up to your username rather well, apart from the Loyal bit. James has saved our football club from going out of existence. He's the same as any other businessman, he needs to make money in order to stay afloat. I don't really care about the relationship between he and Simon- as long as both are happy, then it's really none of our business what goes on behind the scenes. For what it's worth JB has my blessing and I hope the development is a real success, as it will only benefit PAFC and the South West as a whole.

Agree with this, we have a great deal to be thankful for, without JB there would be no Argyle

This!

Jan 27, 2012
What does the hotel and ice rink bring to the football club ? Nothing.
Its just a separate money making exercise from Brent.

I support the grandstand as an individual proposal. But I don't want to see unncessary buildings on a public park which is valued for its opennesses and lack of development.

I'd like to see the Council issue a split decision here- permission for the grandstand but not for the hotel or ice rink. They can go somewhere else in the city- they don't need to be in Central park.

T

The Grumpy Loyal

PL2 3DQ":3pwmro86 said:
The Grumpy Loyal":3pwmro86 said:
PL2 3DQ":3pwmro86 said:
The Grumpy Loyal":3pwmro86 said:
I did wonder how long before the "but he saved us" line would be trotted out. :clap: :scarf:

How come you never talk about football and yet when James Brent is mentioned you can't stop posting!

I've explained many many times my reasons for being a Brent sceptic.

With these latest commercial plans that benefit nobody at all financially other than Mr and Mrs Brent, James is doing a perfect job of showing just why I was sceptical of his motives at the outset.

But primarily Pasoti is a football website so if you only use it to criticise James Brent then it looks like a personal issue and you become a one trick pony and any good points or concerns you raise will be missed or overlooked because it's just you moaning about JB again.

You must have missed my thoughts on the relative merits of ours and Exeters youth policies regarding Grimes Watkins etc. Hey ho.

H

HPRJohn

I could understand the concerns if JB was looking to make money whilst letting the club go to hell in a handcart. However the club is on the up again. We are out of league 2, we have retained the services of one of the more exciting players I have seen pull on the shirt in recent years, Harpers park has had serious investment and there are plans in place for the ground to be improved. The club is improving if JB wants to improve his portfolio at the same time good luck to him. I'm happy he is the man currently running this football club as he has done a damn good job so far!

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
Heading up tomorrow lunchtime for the consultation and then the forum

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
cheshiregreen":3t6a0xta said:
Anybody been at Home Park for a viewing of the plans today?
I've been up today. Very impressed with the Project Director, Tony Hopwood. He doesn't expect problems with the planning application (13 week process). Additional developments will be outline planning and should not delay the main development (Grandstand etc.). Tony was Project Director for the Life Centre. No timescale for other schemes.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
gaspargomez":11iqd63g said:
What does the hotel and ice rink bring to the football club ? Nothing.
Its just a separate money making exercise from Brent.

I support the grandstand as an individual proposal. But I don't want to see unncessary buildings on a public park which is valued for its opennesses and lack of development.

I'd like to see the Council issue a split decision here- permission for the grandstand but not for the hotel or ice rink. They can go somewhere else in the city- they don't need to be in Central park.

I'd love to see it all rubberstamped. It will bring a vibrancy to that part of the city almost 24/7 which might, MIGHT bring a vibrancy to the club. If HHP is only used now for staff and player parking (allowed for in the new plan), the shop (allowed for in the new plan) the fan fest marquee (allowed for a members bar in the new plans) what reason is there to grumble. The Ice Rink will bring new people to Central Park to enjoy the outdoor spaces as well. Restaurants will bring more and more people to the park than use it at present and the hotel is now the other side of the life centre so doesn't interfere with HP in the slightest.

If this all comes together and JB makes money, so what? How do you and others get on living on fresh air?