Parking around Home Park (merged) | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Parking around Home Park (merged)

R

rdr123

Unless the club build a new car park (God knows where) then I struggle to see how they could implement anything like this.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
This is what I posted on 8/8 before this was implemented.
Commuters are a problem but 'attacking' the local football club for an twice a month event that lasts 3 hours? :think:

Fine - discourage commuters from parking in residential street 5/6 days a week, all day.
But football?? a problem?
Once a fortnight? One Tuesday night a quarter?
Come on guys, be real!!
The local school gives me bigger 'problems' than that. No, I don't complain, they are our (village's) kids!
People who bought houses round Central Park probably got them cheaper and knew the football ground was there. 99% of a year there is no parking by fans. They then have good pedestrian access to the park - lovely!
three hours, once a fortnight?
Don't move your car on a Saturday, stay home? - sorted.
Come home after 6 pm - sorted
take public transport or walk into town - sorted
Better still, walk to Argyle, watch the match - sorted! :thumbs:

A 'non' problem tbh!

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
swendies":3j0cdolm said:
http://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/the-rules-on-parking-in-mutley-and-peverell-are-about-to-change/story-30487466-detail/story.html
Uh Oh!

It's a repeated article by the Herald so thread merged with an existing thread.

Apr 9, 2011
am I right in thinking in days gone by, the Park & Ride element of the Outland Rd car park used to be suspended on match days to allow Argyle Supporters to use it?

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
phil-thefluter24":2aptsa9k said:
am I right in thinking in days gone by, the Park & Ride element of the Outland Rd car park used to be suspended on match days to allow Argyle Supporters to use it?

Apparently so but there is no way of ensuring cars are those of football supporters.

Oct 31, 2015
Lundan Cabbie":1c6z5gf1 said:
The obvious place to use is the George Park and Ride. How many use this already?
Yea used this a few times but due to the road works at Derriford roundabout it can be unrealiable if you have a couple of pints in the George. Last season the bus didnt turn up on two occasions.

Mike Greening

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 2, 2008
Lundan Cabbie":ofm26vbu said:
phil-thefluter24":ofm26vbu said:

Apparently so but there is no way of ensuring cars are those of football supporters.

There is, Allow the busses to unload the the P&R stop but not to pick up passengers.

D

Darren Stoneman

Map is available for all zones on PCC website, over 209 spaces available in Stoke business park for a couple pounds over 2000 spaces in City centre for a couple of pounds with a regular bus service, The club have to take some responsibility to educate fans where to park, plenty of options without the need to inconvenience residents , walking, buses just a couple of options

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Mike Greening":z4su6h5u said:
Lundan Cabbie":z4su6h5u said:
phil-thefluter24":z4su6h5u said:

There is, Allow the busses to unload the the P&R stop but not to pick up passengers.

How can you stop privately owned bus companies stopping to pick up fare paying customers on a public road? That is their business.

The Council could charge for parking on match days. That would make the shoppers think twice about parking here.

Mar 18, 2014
I normally park in town, then either bus or Shank's pony to the ground. An entire five pound note is all