Eoin Doyle (possible loan) (signs for Oldham) | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Eoin Doyle (possible loan) (signs for Oldham)

Jul 29, 2010
HongKongGreen":1snaw2bz said:
Plymouth85Green":1snaw2bz said:
You heard it here first...

He isn't coming he has decided he doesn't want to step out of the Championship. From a source close to the player.

Appreciate the insider info! Wasn't he playing League 2 football last season though? League 1 is technically a step up.
A more than fair riposte HK

If there were any truth in that information then given he was happy to play for Pompey in L2, not playing for Argyle in L1 smacks of an excuse purely to mask footballing snobbery. Anyone who considers themselves above 'the likes of Plymouth' can do one as far as I'm concerned :wave:

Hopefully there's no truth to it.

Mar 23, 2008
Plymouth85Green":t3se3ctw said:

He isn't coming he has decided he doesn't want to step out of the Championship. From a source close to the player.
If true and he wants to play some football, the choice may not he his.

Feb 17, 2017
He clearly did very well at chesterfield scoring 25 goals in 33 games and Cardiff made a move for him. Something must have gone wrong maybe in the dressing room at Cardiff as even after a step in level to the championship he got 5 goals in only 11 starts, Preston made a bid of 950k for him but they sent him out on loan instead. Didn't set the world on fire with only 3 goals there and he had a massive chance to shine due to beckford being out with a long term injury. It seems Cardiff fans didn't want him to go either as he has the ability to change games. I would say a move to argyle could do him good, get some stability and maybe after a 15-20 goal season in league one again could put him in favour in the championship again. Can't see a championship club taking a gamble on him so would make sense to go out on loan again.

Leo's Grandad

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 18, 2011
Sunny Plymouth
I'd welcome him on board - he seems to be a proven goal scorer throughout his career and 15-20 goals this season would do nicely.

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
davie nine":1rvk4v52 said:
memory man":1rvk4v52 said:
Good player. And at least we know in advance that he would give us a fighting chance!
Were you referring to his 'interesting' confrontation with Jermaine Beckford when, as teammates at Preston, they were both sent off for fighting in a game against Sheffield Wednesday?

Beckford is now at Bury.
Indeed I was dn. If Doyle does come in, hopefullywhen we go to Gigg Lane it will give them a chance to bury the hatchet!!

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
tandark":12ffyaok said:
If the Doyle signing goes through, allow me to be the first to bet that Argo twitters #incoming uses a Father Ted related pic as a clue...

Go on, sign the paper, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on,go on, go on, go on,go on, go on, go on :lol:

Topboy

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Oct 2, 2003
Plympton
Pogleswoody":1ulrov8m said:
tandark":1ulrov8m said:
If the Doyle signing goes through, allow me to be the first to bet that Argo twitters #incoming uses a Father Ted related pic as a clue...

Go on, sign the paper, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on,go on, go on, go on,go on, go on, go on :lol:
And maybe have a cup of tea at the same time. :greensmile:

Apr 15, 2016
Lad from Preston I know says he's turned down the loan move so looks like what's been said on here is true.

Thankful for that, although not to Doyle the arrogant sod (assuming this is true)- would rather he said no than come here and be half arsed about playing in the green.

Sep 25, 2003
Carbis Bay
X Isle":2w308h9j said:
HongKongGreen":2w308h9j said:
Plymouth85Green":2w308h9j said:

Appreciate the insider info! Wasn't he playing League 2 football last season though? League 1 is technically a step up.
A more than fair riposte HK

If there were any truth in that information then given he was happy to play for Pompey in L2, not playing for Argyle in L1 smacks of an excuse purely to mask footballing snobbery. Anyone who considers themselves above 'the likes of Plymouth' can do one as far as I'm concerned :wave:

Hopefully there's no truth to it.

Maybe he wants to fight for his place at the start of this season rather than be farmed out on loan somewhere, especially with a new manager to impress.

Apr 27, 2009
The Sun have made the connection yet again today although apparently he's for sell, in the region of £500k "Argyle are keen to sort out personal terms"

Wigan also possibly interested

Aug 24, 2014
Plymouth
Stonehouse Mike":ar8i9d9q said:
The Sun have made the connection yet again today although apparently he's for sell, in the region of £500k "Argyle are keen to sort out personal terms"

Wigan also possibly interested

:funny: :funny:

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
The Preston local paper and the Irish Sun still think there's a chance Doyle will sign for Argyle today.

@noriordan. Pymouth, Portsmouth, Oldham & Fleetwood among those interested. Has two years left on his contract at Deepdale so guessing loan most likely