Simon Church (signed for Scunthorpe)

Aug 2, 2011
Pogleswoody":75swuz6j said:
Liam Vercoe":75swuz6j said:
Ade the green":75swuz6j said:
Liam Vercoe":75swuz6j said:
Reuben Reid

Seriously????

Didn't he score 20 goals two seasons in a row?

20+ goals yes.
20+ League goals no.

Despite not all his goals were league goals although the majority were the fact remains he got endless abuse on here. 40 odd goals in two seasons and yet the pasoti wonder boys still moaned about him. Probably why no decent striker wants to come here! Doesnt matter what you do there is always someone on here who thinks you are lazy, fat or useless. Trigger got stick, Rafferty got stick, Bickle got stick all prolificate scorers who either got online stick or crowd stick. Some people are never satisfied.

G

Greenskin

Ade the green":cwt5iu3a said:
Liam Vercoe":cwt5iu3a said:
Reuben Reid

Seriously????

Another dig at Adams, conveniently forgetting that the absence or under effectiveness of Reid for large swathes of the second halves of seasons cost Argyle dearly in both the reigns of Sheridan and Adams and also conveniently forgetting that Argyle's objective was actually achieved without Reuben. Let's see how the entire season pans out at Exeter and indeed at Argyle before getting too regretful about his departure-no question that at his best Reid was a major asset but his best was not seen for long periods at HP. Anyway, perhaps the opinions of someone who stated that Adams had wasted money on keeping Carey in the Argyle fold shouldn't be taken that seriously, possibly another case of wait and see before making judgements.

May 8, 2011
If Church doesn’t feature in the Reserves’ match on Tuesday we will know he isn’t going to be signing.

Jan 30, 2016
I do not think he will sign now. Surely if we wanted Church to play against Wimboldon he would have signed by now. Having said that I think Blissett is good enough to start -I prefer him to Jervis as Jervis cannot play with his back to the goal.

Nov 22, 2006
AlanMS":32yzo711 said:
I do not think he will sign now. Surely if we wanted Church to play against Wimboldon he would have signed by now. Having said that I think Blissett is good enough to start -I prefer him to Jervis as Jervis cannot play with his back to the goal.

Bizarre to think of he's not been signed yet he will not be signed at all, I doubt very highly he was being looked at for specifically the Wimbledon game he's not played a lot of football recently and is highly unlikely to be match fit so I'm not sure what throwing him tomorrow would achieve and I'm sure this is why nothing has been said by the club about him as people will automatically expect him to start and score goals asap if he's not 100% fit yet that's not going to happen, I agree with HC green if he is not involved on Tuesday that would be more of a suggestion there is no deal

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
Greenskin":3nr4dkdb said:
Ade the green":3nr4dkdb said:
Liam Vercoe":3nr4dkdb said:
Reuben Reid

Seriously????

Another dig at Adams, conveniently forgetting that the absence or under effectiveness of Reid for large swathes of the second halves of seasons cost Argyle dearly in both the reigns of Sheridan and Adams and also conveniently forgetting that Argyle's objective was actually achieved without Reuben. Let's see how the entire season pans out at Exeter and indeed at Argyle before getting too regretful about his departure-no question that at his best Reid was a major asset but his best was not seen for long periods at HP. Anyway, perhaps the opinions of someone who stated that Adams had wasted money on keeping Carey in the Argyle fold shouldn't be taken that seriously, possibly another case of wait and see before making judgements.

How is this a dig at Adams. It's fact that he wasn't offered enough of a contract to stay as is the fact he touted himself to every club BEFORE he was "snapped up" by them lot. How were we supposed to know he would come good somewhere else?

And yes Liam, it was a whoosh.

vibratingspider

Joined 1996
Jam First
Oct 1, 2006
Guess we'll wait for Tuesday then. Does seem a bit strange that there's been little acknowledgement from the club - surely they could say "yes, he's training with us but he's not match fit yet". Or something.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Yep, going north by the looks of it:

But it looks as if he won't be doing that at Home Park as journalist Alan Nixon tweeted on Friday lunch-time that Church would sign for Scunthorpe.

Herald