51 Points? | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

51 Points?

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
Win one, draw one and lose won is simply not going to happen for the rest of the season - GUARANTEED
We will NOT get 51 pts this season and our only hope is that survival is in the low 40's and that 4 teams are worse than us.

If we cannot beat a very poor team like Rochdale at home when they gift us a goal in the 1st minute then I'm afraid to say we are DOOMED TO RELEGATION

We simply have to win all the 6 pointer games against the lower teams and the problem is we cant score and we cant defend for 90 minutes.
Sorry but its going to take more than Taylor and Oscar coming back to save this season and it seems are hands are tied until January when it will already be too late.
JB will then have to decide to speculate to accumulate with very long odds of staying up or just do NOTHING and let us go down.
I don't see him as a gambling man so league 2 here we come
#DOOMEDTORELEGATION

Oct 31, 2015
raffertymariner":2lvurcbq said:
No matter how you try and work out the stats required for survival it comes down to one thing ...scoring goals!. Simplistic I know.
The bottom 5 clubs have scored the least goals. We aint going to survive playing the same tactics and with no recognised goalscorer. And before someone else says it..."no poo Sherlock" !

This sums up why we will still get relegated. The team is stronger than 6 weeks ago but a mixture of nor taking chances and DAs tactics will get us relegated. Weve only scored twice in one gsme (which we won bty)

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
If our present points total is taken to the end of the season then we will end up with 36.6 ponts, round down to 36 or up to 37 and it is equally bleak. At present we are losing games, not being beaten, a subtle difference.

Aug 5, 2016
We need to match the form of the four teams above us +4 points. Hardly impossible, and we've already turned the corner with 6 points from four games.

The returns of Taylor, Threlkeld and captain Luke will be massive towards maintaining that consistent mid table form.

Aug 21, 2008
Plymouth
Knibbsworth":jsn80co7 said:
We need to match the form of the four teams above us +4 points. Hardly impossible, and we've already turned the corner with 6 points from four games.

The returns of Taylor, Threlkeld and captain Luke will be massive towards maintaining that consistent mid table form.

If we match the 4 teams above us +4 points we still finish in the bottom 4 due to goal difference.

Only Northampton have a worse goal difference.

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
It's doable but every defeat or draw makes it just a little more tricky. We may be going around the corner but we haven't turned it yet. We need to soon, with or without Adams.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
samjones":fk2n3pkw said:
Win one, draw one and lose won is simply not going to happen for the rest of the season - GUARANTEED
We will NOT get 51 pts this season and our only hope is that survival is in the low 40's and that 4 teams are worse than us.

If we cannot beat a very poor team like Rochdale at home when they gift us a goal in the 1st minute then I'm afraid to say we are DOOMED TO relegation

We simply have to win all the 6 pointer games against the lower teams and the problem is we cant score and we cant defend for 90 minutes.
Sorry but its going to take more than Taylor and Oscar coming back to save this season and it seems are hands are tied until January when it will already be too late.
JB will then have to decide to speculate to accumulate with very long odds of staying up or just do NOTHING and let us go down.
#DOOMEDTORELEGATION

Never thought I'd day this, but bring back GA84 :facepalm:

The hashtags makes you look extra moronic, and give the impression you're taking pleasure in our situation (which, by the way, is clearly improving)

Apr 15, 2004
East Devon
David_Fisher":32kptdas said:
Knibbsworth":32kptdas said:

If we match the 4 teams above us +4 points we still finish in the bottom 4 due to goal difference.

Only Northampton have a worse goal difference.
Forget everyone else. If we reach 51 points (in fact probably ‘only’ 50) then we WILL be safe. We have to average 1.33 points per game over 30 games. Last season MK Dons finished 12th doing exactly that over the full season. So the question is can we be a mid-table team for the rest of the season? Well of course we bloody can. I’m not saying we definitely will – only a complete moron would “GUARANTEE” any outcome – but we have competed against the best in the division and shown we are capable of picking up points. Our bad start though means we have no room now for runs of bad form or bad luck so from that perspective the odds are against us but it is certainly is do-able.

Incidentally I remember an interview with Alan Curbishley talking about relegation dog-fights a few years ago. He said that fans always worry about scoring more, always desperate for wins so demanding attacking play and calling for a new striker to rescue them. He reckoned that is the wrong approach – the most important thing for a relegation threatened team is to be solid defensively. If you don’t concede many then you are always in the game with a chance, always able to nick a game or scramble a point. Just saying like……..

Apr 15, 2004
East Devon
So just to remind everyone ...... after the Fleetwood game we needed to AVERAGE at least 1.35 points per game for the rest of the season. Since then our league run reads DDWDWL - so 9 points from 6 games; which by my arithmetic is 1.5 points per game average........... So we're ahead of schedule .......

Just saying like.

#STILLALONGWAYTOGO

Apr 26, 2016
so if we beat Northampton then Portsmouth (will beat Portsmouth we are there nemesis) Oxford will be a distant memory thank god for that ...
Come on boys stuff Northampton ..

Mar 14, 2009
Now if memory (and a bit of googling) is correct the last time we were in this type of mess was under Fletcher.

By the time he was fired, I believe after the Bristol Rovers game he amassed 24 points from 26 games. Brent pulled the trigger and Sheridan worked his magic.

Now currently we have played 18 and have 14 points. Still 10 points behind Fletcher's total but with league 8 games still to play.

Northampton (H)
Portsmouth (a)
Gillingham (H)
Rotherham(a)
Oldham(H)
MK Dons(a)
Blackpool(a)
Walsall(H)

The next 3 home games will determine our season with Northampton, Gillingham and Oldham being vital we pick up 2 wins out of those 3 games I feel.

Those fixtures are games we can pick up points in. Adams needs 3 wins and 1 draw just to match Fletchers miserable total at the same stage of the season he was sacked. Bearing in mind we need more than 24 points at that stage of the season with 4 teams going down in our league and not 2 you can see what a tall order it is because we cant afford to keep having such a poor home record.

Sep 6, 2006
Biggs":17d5m70j said:
samjones":17d5m70j said:

If we cannot beat a very poor team like Rochdale at home when they gift us a goal in the 1st minute then I'm afraid to say we are DOOMED TO relegation

#DOOMEDTORELEGATION

Never thought I'd day this, but bring back GA84 :facepalm:

The hashtags makes you look extra moronic, and give the impression you're taking pleasure in our situation (which, by the way, is clearly improving)

Yawn. How dare he suggest Argyle may be relegated. Preposterous to even think of it isn't it Biggs. By the way we 'clearly improved' on Saturday didn't we? :facepalm:

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
There were definitely signs of green shoots there on Saturday despite the 0 - 4 THRASHING.

The pitch looked lovely, really vibrant and green. Shame we cant say the same about the football

51 pts myar53 we might even struggle to get 15. What is the lowest to be relegated from League 1 ?

#RELEGATIONISNAILEDON

Apr 15, 2004
East Devon
Metal_Green_Mickey":3exurpi6 said:
Now if memory (and a bit of googling) is correct the last time we were in this type of mess was under Fletcher.

By the time he was fired, I believe after the Bristol Rovers game he amassed 24 points from 26 games. Brent pulled the trigger and Sheridan worked his magic.

Now currently we have played 18 and have 14 points. Still 10 points behind Fletcher's total but with league 8 games still to play.

Northampton (H)
Portsmouth (a)
Gillingham (H)
Rotherham(a)
Oldham(H)
MK Dons(a)
Blackpool(a)
Walsall(H)

The next 3 home games will determine our season with Northampton, Gillingham and Oldham being vital we pick up 2 wins out of those 3 games I feel.

Those fixtures are games we can pick up points in. Adams needs 3 wins and 1 draw just to match Fletchers miserable total at the same stage of the season he was sacked. Bearing in mind we need more than 24 points at that stage of the season with 4 teams going down in our league and not 2 you can see what a tall order it is because we cant afford to keep having such a poor home record.
No - the comparison with Fletcher is bogus Mickey.

Fletcher was a rookie manager, thrown in the deep end because there was nobody else. We were a basket case with kids and a few older pros still reeling from administration. We were in danger of dropping out of the football league completely and if that had happened the future - if there was a future - would have been bleak indeed. We were staring into the abyss. At the time he was sacked we were falling apart - his last few games (Bristol Rovers was it at the end?) were dire indeed. The dressing room was gone. We desperately needed an experience manager with a few contacts to dig us out in any way possible by any means. Sheridan fitted the bill - ugly but effective.

Adams is an experienced manager with a quite remarkable cv. He has built this team himself, got us to a play off then an automatic promotion. On and off the pitch we are light years from the Fletcher position, in no small part due to him. We are in a higher league and after a poor start the last seven games (including Saturday) is mid table form. He certainly 'has the dressing room' still. Different times, different situation.

Sep 6, 2006
Ave_IT":2b27i4ku said:
Metal_Green_Mickey":2b27i4ku said:

Northampton (H)
Portsmouth (a)
Gillingham (H)
Rotherham(a)
Oldham(H)
MK Dons(a)
Blackpool(a)
Walsall(H)

No - the comparison with Fletcher is bogus Mickey.

Fletcher was a rookie manager, thrown in the deep end because there was nobody else. We were a basket case with kids and a few older pros still reeling from administration. We were in danger of dropping out of the football league completely and if that had happened the future - if there was a future - would have been bleak indeed. We were staring into the abyss. At the time he was sacked we were falling apart - his last few games (Bristol Rovers was it at the end?) were dire indeed. The dressing room was gone. We desperately needed an experience manager with a few contacts to dig us out in any way possible by any means. Sheridan fitted the bill - ugly but effective.

Adams is an experienced manager with a quite remarkable cv. He has built this team himself, got us to a play off then an automatic promotion. On and off the pitch we are light years from the Fletcher position, in no small part due to him. We are in a higher league and after a poor start the last seven games (including Saturday) is mid table form. He certainly 'has the dressing room' still. Different times, different situation.

Been in the dressing room then have you? Fletcher inherited a side at the bottom, Adams a team in the play offs. Indeed the comparison is ' bogus'!