Tuesday v Northampton | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Tuesday v Northampton

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
How far off fitness is Oscar? The Sawyer RB and ATS left defensive line up seems to be working, but with Edwards suspended and Songo'o presumably dropping to the back 4, Threlkeld would be a handy defensive midfielder if he's an option.

Feb 26, 2012
Ivybridge
I will be going--but--we are at home, it's Tuesday, the tactics won't change, we will lose. Just a plea to Argyle. Please come out on the front foot, please play a winger, please give Fletcher a chance, please go for a second goal if we score, please don't sit back in the stands if we decide to defend a one goal lead. Most of all give the poor bloody supporters something to shout for.

Aug 21, 2008
Plymouth
Old Gunner":1nhak0ot said:
I will be going--but--we are at home, it's Tuesday, the tactics won't change, we will lose. Just a plea to Argyle. Please come out on the front foot, please play a winger, please give Fletcher a chance, please go for a second goal if we score, please don't sit back in the stands if we decide to defend a one goal lead. Most of all give the poor bloody supporters something to shout for.

Spot on - but don't hold your breath!!

Mar 10, 2007
Knibbsworth":3jn27hxz said:
oldage":3jn27hxz said:
"No new manager would get more out of the players" DA 's tactics are the problem not the players spirit so a new manager could revitalise the squad.
Ah so the ridiculous and early red card today had no bearing on the match, it was all poor tactics?

One tangle of legs and a week's worth of match preparation goes out of the window.

I can't stand this forum when Argyle lose, supporters are so fickle and such armchair experts. They demand three points a game and even get annoyed at draws.

Argyle are in a relegation battle. We WILL lose some games between now and April, you don't need to call for the manager's head when he's lost one in seven, massively due to an awful red card decision.

Why not try backing the manager and the players for the next match?

Are you mental???? Support our team? Sheer lunacy I tell thee!! :greensmile: :greensmile:

Aug 23, 2009
Southway
oldage":2twzd8vr said:
Knibbsworth, I admire your optimism but looking at replies from other posters you are in the minority. I have supported Argyle through good and bad times but cannot recall another season where a manager has sucked the enjoyment out of attending Home Park.

You’re kidding aren’t you or have a short memory .
If Sheridan had stayed on I wouldn’t have renewed my season ticket .
I’ve backed Adams but things need to change and soon . Though I can’t thinking his hands must be tied regarding finances .

Jan 6, 2007
Frank_Butcher":15fpc9lz said:
slingsby_pobble":15fpc9lz said:
Have to say we're due a 0-0 as other posters have predicted. That does nothing to our table position nor does it appease the fans desperate for something decent to watch - how much will DA's negative tactics impact the gate receipts this season? And therefore the money available to spend in January, or more importantly for our impending L2 campaign 2018-19?

Well, the 'negative tactics' that saw us unbeaten in 6 meant a rise from 8280 against Shrewsbury to 10805 against Oxford. Even allowing for the Oxford following that's a decent upward move.

Entertainment matters, results are more important.
Plus the 1,000 free tickets for service personnel, tomorrow night will be a better yard stick! I will continue to go, always have, always will but the floating fans won't dish out 20 quid to watch the tosh we play.

dunlop

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 17, 2009
Home banker 3 nil win.

Oct 20, 2015
Mark Jenkin":z8o8asc0 said:
Frank_Butcher":z8o8asc0 said:
slingsby_pobble":z8o8asc0 said:
Have to say we're due a 0-0 as other posters have predicted. That does nothing to our table position nor does it appease the fans desperate for something decent to watch - how much will DA's negative tactics impact the gate receipts this season? And therefore the money available to spend in January, or more importantly for our impending L2 campaign 2018-19?

Well, the 'negative tactics' that saw us unbeaten in 6 meant a rise from 8280 against Shrewsbury to 10805 against Oxford. Even allowing for the Oxford following that's a decent upward move.

Entertainment matters, results are more important.
Plus the 1,000 free tickets for service personnel, tomorrow night will be a better yard stick! I will continue to go, always have, always will but the floating fans won't dish out 20 quid to watch the tosh we play.

Agreed, it's the long-term gate receipts I'm thinking about. Poor-run Oxford on a quiet Saturday was bound to be a big draw - floating fans saw a win (as did I, and I'm £5 worse off as a result). DA's tactics make my eyes bleed.

Mar 14, 2009
I actually believe we will win this game. Probably 2-1.

The reason being that eventually our style of play will see us get over the line against a poorer league one team at HP, eventually. The key tomorrow is taking the lead.

It will fuel hope we can survive and the roller-coaster of emotions will continue as people will say that's only 1 defeat in 7. :scarf:

Jul 12, 2016
I reiterate this is the worst I can recall. We have had to suffer these dire home preformances since Adams arrived.Promotion papered over the cracks but our home displays are lacklustre and will see us relegated

S

swendies

Pulis is available. Same poor football but we gain points, problem solved

Sep 6, 2006
oldage":2wovygdh said:
I reiterate this is the worst I can recall. We have had to suffer these dire home preformances since Adams arrived.Promotion papered over the cracks but our home displays are lacklustre and will see us relegated

Am not an Adams fan but 'promotion papered over the cracks' amused me I must admit.

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
Balham_Green":1gu9th6c said:
oldage":1gu9th6c said:

Am not on Adams fan but 'promotion papered over the cracks' amused me I must admit.

I think a better way of putting it would have been to say that, even in promotion, the manner in which it was achieved spelt out quite clearly the story of this season unless Adams was willing to adapt.
He hasn't and so with grim predictability the home drubbings continue to mount up.
Adams is summed up by the truly dreadful Wembley fiasco and in the slowly crumbling ends to both his league 2 campaigns.

Aug 24, 2014
Plymouth
up_the_line":28t8y2cj said:
Balham_Green":28t8y2cj said:
oldage":28t8y2cj said:

Am not on Adams fan but 'promotion papered over the cracks' amused me I must admit.

I think a better way of putting it would have been to say that, even in promotion, the manner in which it was achieved spelt out quite clearly the story of this season unless Adams was willing to adapt.
He hasn't and so with grim predictability the home drubbings continue to mount up.
Adams is summed up by the truly dreadful Wembley fiasco and in the slowly crumbling ends to both his league 2 campaigns.

Pulis has now been sacked. We could bring him in to increase the excitement in the way we play.

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
PlymOdi":1p8w2wga said:
up_the_line":1p8w2wga said:
Balham_Green":1p8w2wga said:
oldage":1p8w2wga said:

Pulis has now been sacked. We could bring him in to increase the excitement in the way we play.

I don't think the crowd could cope with too much entertainment. typical Janners love to moan about how negative and sh1t3 we are. What would they do if we attacked and scored once in a while