Is Derek the right manager? | Page 19 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Is Derek the right manager?

Sep 21, 2003
Peverell
Green_Matt":2kdsoome said:
Mark Pedlar":2kdsoome said:
Who assembled them Moles?
As I keep saying, I think Adams is hamstrung by a lack of strikers. Who knows whether this is by choice (he only starts with one) or recruitment/budget difficulties. But he doesn't have many options.

He was allowed to sign Ciftci on loan, who is a waste of a salary. And he may have had another striker at his disposal had he not signed Lameiras, Wylde and Ainsworth, none of whom he will give a game to. The fact is that the squad is top heavy with wide or attacking midfield players who at best sit on the bench each week. Adams has been hamstrung only by his poor pre-season planning.

Sep 6, 2006
Knibbsworth":3l91smo0 said:
Balham_Green":3l91smo0 said:
jimsing":3l91smo0 said:
Balham_Green":3l91smo0 said:
Lancastergreen":3l91smo0 said:
I think you would all do well to remember that JB stumped up cash to save a dead ship when no one else gave a stuff. We have a football club and despite many things being wrong from the playing point if view, it is a steady ship run within its means. JB is not a football man he is a business man running a business as a business. He will by nature get out of it what he can for his own benefit as i would too. He has a few quid stashed away from him own gains and isn't going to bankroll us up a league to satisfy a few thousand people. You may not like that but it is the way it is, he is doing exactly what most were expecting.

So if/when we go down how do you think that will affect finances? Just asking like!

So if/when we stay up how do you think that will affect our finances, then? Just asking!

Well its not very smart to repeat somebody else's statement and change one word is it ? We may well still stay up but the current evidence is not promising. The point which I will slowly explain so you may understand is that Lancaster Green doesn't think Brent will spend to keep us up. My point is he may be inclined to if it means he may lose more money if he does not. Get it?

One loss in seven and there is no evidence we can stay up? Try opening your eyes pal.

You are a broken record mate as well as not being able to read properly. I said the evidence is 'not promising'! where did it say 'no evidence'. We could spend the rest of our lives spinning stats which you seem so keen on. Am not going to continue wasting my time as you seem too daft to get it. But for a final time - 2nd BOTTOM, one home win all season and that 3 months ago. Scoring less than a goal a game and occasionally getting hammered. 3 wins all season! Try opening your eyes pal.

Sep 6, 2006
Green_Matt":38wiwmlk said:
Mark Pedlar":38wiwmlk said:
As I keep saying, I think Adams is hamstrung by a lack of strikers. Who knows whether this is by choice (he only starts with one) or recruitment/budget difficulties. But he doesn't have many options.

No sh*t Sherlock.

Sep 6, 2006
moles40":1bprt2c1 said:
Emeraldinho":1bprt2c1 said:
GreenArmy1984":1bprt2c1 said:
Its Matchday

Massive Game tonight at Home Park

Looking forward to it & 3 points

COYGs
I thought you said you were buggering off this site til after Christmas?

Shouldn’t you leave this site if someone being positive is too much for you to handle

..Getting rid of Da isn’t the answer,the team are probably where they should be,when you compare our standard of players to most other teams in this league.

its not his positivity its that he keeps repeating the same claptrap without backing it up. Laughable that you don't see the connection between the players not being good enough and the manager.

Dec 3, 2005
Green_Matt":5u6xr5qy said:
Mark Pedlar":5u6xr5qy said:

Oh yes he does FLETCHER.

Feb 8, 2005
Not big enough, not experienced enough, not a front man.

Could do the job if he was bigger, more experienced and a few years older.

Needs to go out on loan in January.

Oct 24, 2010
Army green":31tp237a said:
GreenArmy1984":31tp237a said:
We Have The Right Man In Charge - DA

Time to get behind him & the team

COYGs

10k attendance Saturday I think? It's fair to say the fans have been supporting the team pretty well considering how bad our home form/performances have been under derek Adams. I do admire Brent's policy on stability, almost any other club would have sacked Adams by now. I hope his belief in the manager pays off come the end of the season. Big big match tomorrow, lose that and fans becoming restless will get a tad noisy I feel.
Although we have had our struggles this season we have frequently played some excellent football, it is only a handful of posters on here who find it boring. The majority of the fanbase have been voting with their feet (and wallets)and would appear to disagree.

Sep 6, 2006
esmer":kmgcl6pm said:
Army green":kmgcl6pm said:
GreenArmy1984":kmgcl6pm said:

COYGs

10k attendance Saturday I think? It's fair to say the fans have been supporting the team pretty well considering how bad our home form/performances have been under derek Adams. I do admire Brent's policy on stability, almost any other club would have sacked Adams by now. I hope his belief in the manager pays off come the end of the season. Big big match tomorrow, lose that and fans becoming restless will get a tad noisy I feel.
Although we have had our struggles this season we have frequently played some excellent football, it is only a handful of posters on here who find it boring. The majority of the fanbase have been voting with their feet (and wallets)and would appear to disagree.

Just to help me with future experiences can you advise what it is you drink before the game? Quite a lot of it I guess too!

Oct 24, 2010
Balham_Green":20geioe3 said:
esmer":20geioe3 said:
Army green":20geioe3 said:
GreenArmy1984":20geioe3 said:

COYGs

Just to help me with future experiences can you advise what it is you drink before the game? Quite a lot of it I guess too!
I can't say I'm surprised that you are numbered among the moners who find a team trying to play decent football boring. I suppose you think Carey is a lightweight pansy and you prefer the hump and hope football which was served up back in the day.

Sep 6, 2006
esmer":8l7dxv22 said:
Balham_Green":8l7dxv22 said:
esmer":8l7dxv22 said:
Army green":8l7dxv22 said:
GreenArmy1984":8l7dxv22 said:

COYGs

I can't say I'm surprised that you are numbered among the moners who find a team trying to play decent football boring. I suppose you think Carey is a lightweight pansy and you prefer the hump and hope football which was served up back in the day.

Must say you do appear out of touch with reality. Please tell me what you are on?

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
BG, did you think the first half was boring on saturday?

Oct 24, 2010
Balham_Green":1odsj9as said:
esmer":1odsj9as said:
Balham_Green":1odsj9as said:
esmer":1odsj9as said:
Army green":1odsj9as said:
GreenArmy1984":1odsj9as said:

COYGs

Must say you do appear out of touch with reality. Please tell me what you are on?
Why don't you enter into the debate instead of attempting mindless insults as is your past posting history on this site. You find the football boring which is fair enough, I don't is that not also fair enough? In your tiny world you appear to be the only person allowed an opinion. You should be worried about that, have you ever thought about seeking professional help?

Oct 24, 2010
Balham_Green":3ijx1f2g said:
Have you sought professional help for whatever is causing these delusions?
The point I am making is that you are incapable of allowing other people an opinion. Can you not see that is unhealthy?

Dec 3, 2005
jimsing":1uae7wv6 said:
Not big enough, not experienced enough, not a front man.

Could do the job if he was bigger, more experienced and a few years older.

Needs to go out on loan in January.

Ermm how many games as he played for the first team - as he scored for the first team - how many games as our leading goalscorers played and how many goals?

You only gain experience by actually doing the job i.e. playing.

Has for being bigger, he was big enough to score that goal and he will grow.