Kelle Roos joins on an emergency loan (ball over the line?) | Page 7 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Kelle Roos joins on an emergency loan (ball over the line?)

Do you think ball was over the line v Gillingham?

• Yes

Votes: 51 40.2%
  • No

Votes: 65 51.2%
  • Undecided

Votes: 11 8.7%

• Total voters

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
Frank_Butcher":8hrhe5qv said:
It was the linesman who made the decision - the ref looked over to him and he made a very animated 'no goal' signal. However, as I looked down at the point of the incident from Block 8, the lino was still in motion towards the touchline (understandably as he would have been monitoring the line of defence for offside). I can't see how he, or any linesman in such a situation can make that call reliably - not criticising, just saying it isn't possible.

The point is if neither official can categorically say it was a goal then they can`t give it, hence all the conjecture.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
katkin":1kd3pm37 said:
https://twitter.com/kellsroos/status/940236769374519297

That photo is after Roos pulled the ball back and gathered it.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
katkin":16519c3j said:
https://twitter.com/kellsroos/status/940236769374519297
That's after he's pulled it back. :D

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Why would Charlie not show the only footage that would end this debate? Come on Charlie, don't worry about upsetting Gillingham. :lol: :lol:

Apr 6, 2009
His tweet is pretty tongue in cheek so probably was over! Doubt argyle will let Charlie show that!

Jul 29, 2010
There's no probably about it.

As stated, the most damming evidence from MM is the absence of Home Park's very own Zapruta footage.

Jul 11, 2006
tiverton
To be fair I have only seen the highlights which were shown on Sky's EFL page, and it did look well over from that camera angle, but as others have said camera angles can be deceptive, so I just we will never know unless someone who was directly in line with the incident managed to capture footage of the incident.

Argyle-sy":1fsyw0f7 said:
To be fair I have only seen the highlights which were shown on Sky's EFL page, and it did look well over from that camera angle, but as others have said camera angles can be deceptive, so I just we will never know unless someone who was directly in line with the incident managed to capture footage of the incident.

You say that, but I sit directly in line with the goal line and the posts exactly for this kind of situation. You have a view where it is very clear if the ball is over the line or not unless a body is in the way. I wasn't there on Saturday but others in line say it was over so for me that's better than any camera footage from an angle. That coupled with the absence of footage from the camera in goal from MM says to me it was a goal alright.

Maybe our luck is beginning to balance itself out...... :scarf:

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
X Isle":2b0poy45 said:
There's no probably about it.

Come on, Smiffy. One thing we have established, is that it's not definitive either way.

This is still the best angle I've seen. If you look at the position of Roos' body you can get an idea of where the ball is, which to me is right above the goal line. I just cannot see from that how ALL of the ball is over the line, let alone 6 inches over.

At the very, very least.... it's not clear cut either way as you claim.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
That's me circled. Better view than any camera half way down the pitch. We all agreed it was well over. That's my last post on it, over and out. :D

38992922652_d6d98b1fc9.jpg
r

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Keepitgreen":1eht0ms6 said:
That's me circled. Better view than any camera half way down the pitch. We all agreed it was well over. That's my last post on it, over and out. :D

I don't see how sitting behind the goal offers a better angle, but yes... it wasn't given, so I/we probably don't need to expend so much energy analysing it!

Jul 11, 2006
tiverton
Aaron D.":2jnbmskj said:
Argyle-sy":2jnbmskj said:

You say that, but I sit directly in line with the goal line and the posts exactly for this kind of situation. You have a view where it is very clear if the ball is over the line or not unless a body is in the way. I wasn't there on Saturday but others in line say it was over so for me that's better than any camera footage from an angle. That coupled with the absence of footage from the camera in goal from MM says to me it was a goal alright.

Maybe our luck is beginning to balance itself out...... :scarf:

Couldn't agree more Aaron. I have seen others who were in line say the ball was over, and from the video I have seen on the Sky EFL page it looks well over as well. Would say that these things tend to even themselves out over a season, but I can imagine had the incident been at the other end and it was Argyle that had not been awarded a goal then the consensus on here would be differernt.